21-02-19 I paid for that one

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Spidrift

Re: 21-02-19 I paid for that one

Post by Spidrift »

Jung mentioned one time knowing that Gary had gone off to Paris with a fashion model, and his picture must certainly have been on those fan sites that tracked Sandra. So it'd be sort-of logical. Then throw in the fact that Jung, who is presumably around Gary's age, recently acquired his first girlfriend...
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

Even if the threesome doesn't happen, Peggy's In Vino Veritas moment tells me that she isn't ready for a serious relationship. Now I'm glad I didn't fully ship Gary and Peggy because I've read this comic long enough to know that any ship with Gary is doomed to Davy Jones' locker. Maybe in one of the epilogue arcs Gary will go to a convention and he'll meet a cute geekette or nerdette that shares his interests and he'll finally get his "happily ever after" ending.

cheshire86

Post by cheshire86 »

I'm thinking Gary's heading for some tears and Lita Glomping.

tsath

Post by tsath »

If she's that drunk she can't consent. Full stop.
If they take her up on it they are scum.

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

cheshire86 wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:52 pm
I'm thinking Gary's heading for some tears and Lita Glomping.
More like one or two panels of Gary looking sad then back to normal like nothing happened just like all of his other previous breakups. It seems that Gary's breakups upset the readers more than it upsets Gary himself which is kinda funny when you think about it.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

tsath wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:55 pm
I figure they're going to turn her down.

That said, it sounds like she already planned to have the threesome. The drinking was just to get her ready for it.

Also, it looks like it's only been five shots. So what makes you think she's that drunk?

Personal anecdote sure, but from someone who doesn't drink that often, drinking half a bottle of whiskey by taking shots, got me buzzed, but not drunk. Chugging half a bottle had a totally different effect and pure drunkenness.

I still feel Peggy knows what she's doing and what she's doing is trying to run away from Gary by getting into a threesome.

Still, I don't expect those two to say yes to her now. They look like partners who wouldn't want to do that to their own partnership.

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

Now I want the threesome to happen because the comments on here will be comedy gold for me. :ymdevil:

Zellgato

Post by Zellgato »

I'm kind of just assuming this is her testing which life style she likes. and if she prefers the Gary Long Term Love line then this was probably going to be her big habablo last blowout (in her mind). I personally would prefer the bangarang, and that leading to those other two dating instead of being rivals. (I have noclue of their history but i like that friend ly rival to lover thing)

Though folks commented on Gary being up for that. I'm not really sure. I can't think of a time he initiated things in the more adventerious style. He'd certainly accept it though, no doubt. but I'm not sure if he actually enjoys that? or if it would be a thing he does for her.
Though that was originally what pegging was. but now I think he enjoys that. So he cerainly could learn otherwise.

I'm still of the camp where I'd prefer it to end with people single working on liking themselves or learning about themselves more sort of ending. but I'm weird that way.

A out of left field ending would be a 4 person polyrelationship in that place. With Zii and Dee both likely starting gigs they travel occasionally. Gary and Peg could be "safety sex friends" that flit in and out. Assuming D figures her stuff out anyway. As I could see her gaining that "connection" with the right set up of safe friends and the distance thing

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

Damn - where is she keeping them?

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

tsath wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:55 pm
This comic is notoriously relaxed about that subject. But even on the comic’s own terms, there’s certainly a difference between “cheerfully drunk and going for something they’d find amusing when sober” (which is, broadly, where Zii, Erik, & Adrien, or Gary & Senna, were in the past), and “depressively drunk and not actually looking happy about the idea” (which is where Peggy is now).

And if this is an experiment that Peggy was keen to try, why did she have to get a significant number of drinks down her before she was ready to go for it? She was sober when trying group sex in the past, remember.

Peggy looks depressive and confused (and drunk). Time for anyone with any sense of responsibility to talk her out of doing anything extreme. Which indeed looks like what these two may be about to do.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

JoybuzzerX wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:50 pm
Also, it looks like it's only been five shots.
There are five empty glasses on screen. I think we’re allowed to guess that more are just off screen, or have been cleared away. She’s certainly got booze bubbles floating over her head, and Jane seems to reckon she’s had “enough”.
---------
Spidrift

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Spidrift wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:00 pm
JoybuzzerX wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:50 pm
Also, it looks like it's only been five shots.
There are five empty glasses on screen. I think we’re allowed to guess that more are just off screen, or have been cleared away. She’s certainly got booze bubbles floating over her head, and Jane seems to reckon she’s had “enough”.
She only mentions 5 being pair for as well.

Prydonian

Post by Prydonian »

That’s my problem with the notion of Gary ending up with Peggy... I don’t actually like Peggy.

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Care to explain why, Prydonian? Some characters, their dislikable personalities are self-evident. What about Peggy don't you like?