Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

14-02-19 Keep our minds off

Post by Giz »

brasca

Re: 14-02-19 Keep our minds off

Post by brasca »

Working on personal space? Well these characters are finally talking to each other so anything is possible.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Perhaps I'm being spiteful, yet I would prefer that Zii and DiDi don't get a "happily ever after," at least not with each other. Nearing the finish line, so it seems unlikely that any grand complication could reasonably pop up to shatter their coupling. Still, I may not like it, but if they end up all bright eyed and cheery together, then I will respect the writers' decisions (not trying to sound "noble," rather typing as to help my own process with acceptance. Aha).
I do like Roxie reappearing to give some straight (figuratively) talk to DiDi, so maybe with the strong words of a friend and the seemingly too good to true compromise, against all odds, the goddess-bodied, hollow-hearted, and empty mind of an individual will finally become less insufferable.

Jackass Mask

Post by Jackass Mask »

Yes Didi, Roxy is the one lying to herself. You're fine I sw... My eyeballs just fell out of my head from rolling too hard.

Derfman

Post by Derfman »

Personal space and wrestling? Keep dreaming.

TheFoolishOne

Post by TheFoolishOne »

am I selfish for wanting Didi and Roxy to end up entangled sans wrestling outfits?

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

I am a little disappointed that after all the teasing, we'll never see Gary and Zii hook up.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Yeah, basically agreed. They didn't have to end up paired off, but there's an annoying sense of unresolved business there, with Gary's admiration for Zii and Zii's curiosity about Gary's party trick. I thought that at least a one-night experiment was on the cards. Actually, if Giz and Dave wanted to avoid that, they could at least have had Zii and Gary admit to each other that there'd been a possibility, and agree that they were too late -- and that's okay, nobody can take every option or have every possible experience. Which would be unusual seriousness and maturity for Ma3, admittedly. On the other hand, I guess it's still possible.

And I'd like to see Roxie get a bit more satisfying closure than this. If her hair-trigger temper is partly the result of sexual frustration, well, it isn't good for her; if almost everyone's being given some kind of ending, Roxie moving forward somehow would be nice. She's got an admirable contempt for bullshit, for an Ma3 character, which makes me fond of her.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

It ain’t over ‘til it’s over.

Gary and Zii could well be the grand finale.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

Agreed @Spidrift: not every variable needs to have been explored. Although I think it would have been interesting had they hooked up for a one-nighter. Perhaps it is interesting coffee talk later for the two of them, years down the road.

I guess we'll have to see how much self-control Didi will have with Zii video-chatting with Didi. Will Didi be able to satisfy herself with Zii's urging on? Will ZIi be able to believe Didi is remaining true? I hate to bring it up, considering the day today. But, it is legitimate considering these two's personalities & pasts.

Good to see Roxie again. Not sure where this is going to go with her, or if this is 'the end' for Zii & Didi... putting to bed their plans for the web comic's sunset... and Roxie's injection was there just to illustrate Didi returning to her 'same old-same old' life. Or Didi and/or Roxie are going to get frustrated and ignore personal spaces, ahem, some time in the future.

It seems like a fair place to end, as I don't know how much Giz could draw the pair video-sexting and maintain her required level of censorship while actually having something meaningful transpire in said strip (i.e. not just being fan-service). Any thoughts? Do you think we'll swing back to Peggy & Gary next?
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

I'm now thinking the epilogue mini-arc(s) are probably going to focus mostly on Zii and Didi trying to make their long-distance relationship work. Now to see what happens between Gary and Peggy. The creative team could potentially wrap up their arc in three updates and be done with the comic at #1500. I'm predicting that Gary and Peggy will simply continue their open FWB relationship.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

That's the thing, though. "Settling" doesn't seem to settle well with either of them. Gary wants more. Peggy wants freedom but is also aware off the possibility of missing something "beautiful" should she keep the status quo. I don't see it staying the same. Should they stay together, the sex might be roughly the same - better & more varied maybe even. But how they refer to their relationship-names (girlfriend, fiance, etc.) has got to change. Otherwise, what was the point for Peggy (moderately) overcoming her panic attacks?
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

worldshaking00 wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:00 pm
Any thoughts? Do you think we'll swing back to Peggy & Gary next?
At a guess? Probably. But that’s just a guess. We’ll find out on Tuesday.

It’d be interesting to know how many strips there are to go. If we’re just heading for a simple wrap-up for Peggy and Gary, the whole thing could be done in half a dozen; if we’ve got some actual final plot twists to go, with maybe some closure for a few more minor characters (Tracy and James, say), the comic could run on for a little while yet.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

xetalon

Post by xetalon »

This ship seems like a desperate attempt to make something that will inextricably fail, works. It's still cute though.
Last edited by xetalon on Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Continuity

Post by Continuity »

what the hell are those straps of Didi's top made of, monomolecular carbon? That's supposed to be a workout outfit, right? I think the strain on those two floss strings would make them snap in the blink of an eye.

Must...control...autonomic...eyelid...drat. @-)