14-02-19 Keep our minds off

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

worldshaking00

Re: 14-02-19 Keep our minds off

Post by worldshaking00 »

Spidrift wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:44 pm
It’d be interesting to know how many strips there are to go. If we’re just heading for a simple wrap-up for Peggy and Gary, the whole thing could be done in half a dozen; if we’ve got some actual final plot twists to go, with maybe some closure for a few more minor characters (Tracy and James, say), the comic could run on for a little while yet.
Man, I hope we have more than a half-dozen. I'd like to see some tender moments shared between Peggy & Gary (should that be in the cards). I'd also like to see a 'six months after' series of strips to tie off the comic. If Didi & Zii are able to maintain the long distance relationship for that long, they should be golden.

As far as the minor characters, sure. Tracy & James, Kiley, Matt & Yuki (maybe expecting?), how the band fared on tour, Sonya, Senna, Sandra, even Jung & Ramona. I'd assume all of those characters would be rather difficult to cram into 4 panels. So maybe several strips being narrated by one of the main cast?

Either way, I just want to enjoy the show. Although I am waiting in anticipation for the shoe to drop with the 'curve ball' that was mentioned.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

Well, Sandra on the Rocks is right now on strip #478, 28 strips and more to go. If Giz does a similar thing with Ma3, we could get the timeskip and plot twists.

Now, the interesting thing is that vol. 10 has Gary, Zii, Didi, Peggy, Sonya, Dillon, Kiley, Matt, Yuki and of course, Lita. Now, of all those characters, only Dillon and Kiley have not shown up in this volume. So I figure that Dillon is going to make an appearance like Sandra, but I wonder how Kiley is going to show up. I hope it's not a small appearance because I really miss her.
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

Sandra & Dillon having their own comics makes having them appear in Ma3's ending would still be nice, for me. They started out here. However if page count/time is a constraint, then I'd understand.

Sandra getting her phone call with Didi is enough to settle her, now that I think of it.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

sparky

Post by sparky »

rogermart wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:04 am
Well, Sandra on the Rocks is right now on strip #478, 28 strips and more to go. If Giz does a similar thing with Ma3, we could get the timeskip and plot twists.
I wasn't sure if we should just give up on Sandra. She showed up in Ma3, and her strip seems to be in monthly updates right now. Eisu may be busy doing other things, so unless there are some guest strips I'm guessing it won't be finished right or soon. Besides, no one has replied in that forum in about 3 weeks. Have people lost interest in it given the frequency of updates?

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

What’s to talk about on SotR? We’ve all had our say on things we want to discuss. Until Eisu gets over whatever work rush or whatever is keeping him from the comic, we just have to wait quietly for new material.
worldshaking00 wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:15 pm
As far as the minor characters, sure. Tracy & James, Kiley, Matt & Yuki (maybe expecting?), how the band fared on tour, Sonya, Senna, Sandra, even Jung & Ramona.
I doubt that we’re getting final appearances for their own sake; I think that we’re getting closure on plots. Tracy and James were left hanging, but we know where things are with Yuki and Matt; paired off and heading to Japan to visit her father. Likewise, Sonya is off to Europe and a new weird life. Kiley’s status is a bit open, but basically she escaped back to the relative sanity of academia. Sandra has her own comic. Senna will doubtless continue carrying her titanic ego around the world for years to come. Jung and Ramona are happily paired off, and anyway that’s an SDB plotline.

So I very much doubt that we’ll get any vast sprawling epic of final, finally final, yes-we-mean-it-now-final appearances.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.