Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

12-02-19 Support your dream

Post by Giz »

OllieOrOlly

Re: 12-02-19 Support your dream

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Seems a bit like some classic Zii deflecting at the start; DiDi is exceedingly selfish and not just for the recent receiving of twelve O in one sitting. I suppose it is about time these two had something resembling a proper relationship discussion, even if it is in a peculiar and perhaps indirect conversational flow. Regardless, it is certainly one of the most productive chats they've had since they began *dating* (though, are yet to actually have been on a date that we know of), so while I still think it is an unhealthy relationship, I appreciate the attempt to give it development enough to seem like it could hypothetically work out.
Despite their personality flaws, the art portraying them is flawless; there is a true sense that they are in the afterglow, but not in a gross way.

Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

12 at one blow is a mountain too tall for even Didi to survive? B-)
Don Alexander wrote:Duh. All people are homosexual. Most just don't get beyond the heterosexual experimentation phase until they die of old age.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Better wake Peggy.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Hmm. This is all beginning to feel like a shallow dive into a simple wrap-up; Zii and DiDi reach agreement (even if some of us can't convince ourselves that it'd actually work), and quite likely Peggy overcomes her fear of commitment and gives Gary his happy paired-off ending. Roll credits. House lights come up. Spidrift for one shuffles towards the exit with a pressing sense of anticlimax.

But the show ain't over until the skinny lady sings. Maybe there are twists to come. Maybe we'll see something a bit more complex (and believable). Maybe some of the various minor characters who haven't had their happy endings yet will contrive to throw spanners in the works. I guess that it has finally crossed DiDi's mind, after ten years of the comic, that other people might possibly perceive her as selfish. I guess I'm interested to see whether this comic manages to be interesting to the end.
brasca wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:38 am
Better wake Peggy.
I'm going to guess that she's having a Serious Talk of some kind with Gary.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

capicoli

Post by capicoli »

Only twelve? Didi needs to get on Gary's level, I'm pretty sure he had like 200 the night she jumped on him. Well this probably best we could out of this relationship without the two without them turning into completely different characters offscreen. But hey it isn't the worst of endgame pairings, my vote goes Matt and Yuki for that one.

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

I don't like or hate the Zii/Didi pairing, I just don't care about it anymore. And I'm getting this sinking feeling that the creative team is indeed going to play it safe and give us an ending to the comic that is unsatisfactory and anticlimactic. Where the hell is the "curve ball"?

LonestarF1

Post by LonestarF1 »

capicoli wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:31 pm
Only twelve? Didi needs to get on Gary's level, I'm pretty sure he had like 200 the night she jumped on him. Well this probably best we could out of this relationship without the two without them turning into completely different characters offscreen. But hey it isn't the worst of endgame pairings, my vote goes Matt and Yuki for that one.
I'm pretty sure she had zero. Worked him all night, sure. But never crossed that finish line, else she would never have let him go.

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

I’m pretty sure he means *Gary* had the 200 or so. :)
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

...that certainly being what capicoli said.

But 200 would certainly be an exagerration for anything Gary could have achieved. Male orgasms being what they are, that would imply terminal dehydration.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

I don't know why some folks are complaining about this strip. The preceding one had the pair go off to shag, without much discussion about Zii's six month tour. Off panel they had sex, apparently quite enjoyably. Now they are in afterglow and getting to talk more seriously about the future of their love affair. Seems like a pretty organic flow to me, granted, with the required joke in panel 4. Didi has poor impulse control and quite often speaks what is first on her mind. Of course, I guess if my nethers were in pain after a marathon-level amount of orgasming I'd exclaim something similar too. In a weird way, it is actually a compliment to Zii from Didi.

I suppose there's also a potential connection to the "love hurts" saying. The two of them are going to have to learn to cope without being directly there for the other, and are going to have to learn to trust the other to remain faithful to their love. Still waiting on the "how"'s though. An agreed upon surrogate/menage? Sexting? Weekend visits? All of this can be discussed while in bed still, rather than around the breakfast table.

As to Didi's selfishness: yes, she is when it comes to her sex life. It has been long established how she is quite loving when she thinks might be able to get off with a lover (making dinner, wearing sexy clothes, being seductive, etc.). When she determines that her lover can't deliver, she disposes of them without even as much as remembering their name accurately. She's blunt about how her past lovers haven't been able to satisfy her, balancing or exceeding the point of being insulting (unwittingly?). And she still acts selfishly even when in an orgasm-producing relationship. She hounded Kiley. She is blind to the needs of her partner.

Which is why I am hoping that Didi's first question is actually a legitimate introspection from Didi, rather than just a throwaway for an aching vagina. To borrow from Star Wars, "there is good in (her); I can feel it." Didi & Zii's relationship can work, blossoming even. But they will have to learn from their past mistakes and ely on the other for support, as well as openly communicate their needs... something severely lacking in Ma3 until late. Perhaps they will follow the "if you love someone, set them free" proverb? Even if they just discuss how unhealthy Didi's fixation on sex/orgasms is, and how it is controlling her I would be happy. This, coming from the woman (Zii) who for over half of her life has been being led by her vagina and how it has almost ruined her. Zii can speak with experience that now they need to be thinking with their heart and brain, rather than their nethers.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Zellgato

Post by Zellgato »

I like this one. Had both of their personality. both of their growths, actual conversation, and a pretty good word play gag thingy at the end that I oddly enough didn't see coming.

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

worldshaking00 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:44 pm
I don't know why some folks are complaining about this strip. (Snip)
I’ve been giving this some thought. I snipped this part of your post to make a broader point.

There are only two things a person spends their time and energy on: Things that need to be done, and things they enjoy doing.

A webcomic about silly sexual misadventures is a completely pointless thing to complain about. It is not necessary to expend precious life resources on whining about it.

Therefore, we must enjoy complaining about it on some level.

That, or some manner of mental illness is at play, making this comic with its swirly-go-round, and that comic with its doom panties, seem in the minds of the complainers to be waaaaaaaaaay more important than it actually is.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

Valkog

Post by Valkog »

So, either everyone with a gripe about a webcomic just enjoys complaining for its own sake, or they're all mentally ill.
**== **== **== **==

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

Is there another reason I didn't think of?