07-02-19 The truth is

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

samtheman

Re: 07-02-19 The truth is

Post by samtheman »

Ugh, I wish the two updates a week were Tuesday and Saturday (or Friday) instead so there isn't such a long gap between updates.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

My bad. I forgot Terry was back in. Thanks sam & spid.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Wow.
Yeah, I have grave doubts as to the viability of this relationship unless Suzi lets it go from 'exclusive' to 'open', and even then...

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

While waiting for the next update that may or may not be today, I had another thought slightly different from initial one. While I still think this shows that DiDi does hold some "value" to the relationship, her obsession with the physical side undermines it, but also, what I realised (duh, I'm slow), DiDi's first reaction wasn't to congratulate Zii, it was to immediately dive into getting her O fix. She is akin to a drug addict desperate for more hits because their dealer is heading out of town - this emphasises how selfishness is DiDi's strongest trait, and her preoccupation with the physical doesn't bode well for a longer relationship. Zii is by no means a saint in regards to avoiding being self-centred, but the fact she has grown some insight and seemingly a sincere desire to want a monogamous relationship with DiDi (as foolish as that may be) shows she has grown more than the stagnant orgasm addict.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Giz said recently in the Q&A thread here that updates will still only be twice weekly, so presumably that means Tuesday and Thursday by default.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

TheFoolishOne

Post by TheFoolishOne »

so, for the book edition there will be no blanket? enquiring kickstarter minds want to know :D

raoullefere

Post by raoullefere »

I can't believe I'm writing this, but I feel sorry for Zii. Yep, me, one of her sincerest detractors.

Why? Because Zii finally does the right thing, and she thinks it's worked out for her. But DiDi is in love with the orgasms, not Zii. Enough time apart, and she will either stray or, and hey, I know this is far-fetched, but realize (this is Didi) she's not in love with Zii.

That's kind of sad.

But at least Zii is pursuing her dream rather than abandoning a big opportunity only to get dumped down the line.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

I'm hoping for Didi to not stray, but both of them agree to an open relationship, at least during the tour. I assume a similar arrangement could be reached once Didi gets her wrestling career off the ground (should she continue down that line). The trouble will be finding someone who can satisfy Didi and not frustrate her. And the clock is ticking for the tour to start.

I have to believe that the creative team says they love each other. While Didi certainly has an orgasm addiction, that does not preclude her from loving Zii. She just has poor impulse control, to put it mildly.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Dragon Paladin

Post by Dragon Paladin »

I'm still holding out hope that Zii and Gary get together. Hopefully Zii realizes after this that Didi is so shallow that if she were a pond, an ant couldn't drown in it.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

raoullefere wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:50 pm
I can't believe I'm writing this, but I feel sorry for Zii. Yep, me, one of her sincerest detractors.

Why? Because Zii finally does the right thing, and she thinks it's worked out for her. But DiDi is in love with the orgasms, not Zii. Enough time apart, and she will either stray or, and hey, I know this is far-fetched, but realize (this is Didi) she's not in love with Zii.

That's kind of sad.

But at least Zii is pursuing her dream rather than abandoning a big opportunity only to get dumped down the line.
She could love Zii so much, she knows she needs to get all the orgasms she can get now, because she won't have anyone to give her any during the tour.

Zellgato

Post by Zellgato »

random sidenote. If this continued very long. I would have assumed that DiDi would' end up finding her "kink" wrestling on the big screen infront of millions or something. and end up insanely devoted to the wrestling high so to speak. Whether it be truly sexual kink or just riding that high (and likely many groupies or coworker directly after)

She's never really done super physical stuff. including in sex misadventures. She's always had things done for her or to her.
So. the wrestling endevor is a different sort of physical work. and when you have insane amount of people focusing purely on you and your 'storyline' that is quite a new feeling for her. Probably the feeling of "being the most important" but also entirely separate (baring random fan interactions I suppose).

but if this is ending like.. in a few months. I doubt they'd have time to explore that.
WHich is a shame.. because honestly I think that would be a reallly approriate send off for her and a way for her to explore what she herself, needs, and why.

raoullefere

Post by raoullefere »

JoybuzzerX wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:10 am
raoullefere wrote:

That's kind of sad.

She could love Zii so much, she knows she needs to get all the orgasms she can get now, because she won't have anyone to give her any during the tour.
I'm sure DiDi believes that now in her own limited (by experience and self-understanding, not intelligence. I don't think DiDi is stupid so much as her brain is something she's rarely had to employ up until now) fashion. But six months is enough time for even the wheels in DiDi's noggin to turn, especially since she'll be in contact (ha!) with various tre sexah wrestlers.

Who knows? DiDi might even decide that she is not, in fact, a lesbian after all.

raoullefere

Post by raoullefere »

Dragon Paladin wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:19 pm
I'm still holding out hope that Zii and Gary get together. Hopefully Zii realizes after this that Didi is so shallow that if she were a pond, an ant couldn't drown in it.
Bite your tongue!

Although I'm very afraid that we're being set up for that, what with Peggy's fear of commitment and the weak-timbered bridge ahead of the Zii-Didi train.

Also :))

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

raoullefere wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:23 pm
... I don't think DiDi is stupid so much as her brain is something she's rarely had to employ up until now ...
I’d believe that of Sonya, who rapidly began to demonstrate a bit of low cunning when she needed it and when she wasn’t being required to emit her silly catchphrase. But much of DiDi’s history in the comic has consisted of other people looking aghast as DiDi said or did something else insanely dumb. Evidence of true analytical intelligence (as opposed to learned effective behaviours) is kind of rare with her.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

raoullefere wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:23 pm
JoybuzzerX wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:10 am
raoullefere wrote:

That's kind of sad.

I'm sure DiDi believes that now in her own limited (by experience and self-understanding, not intelligence. I don't think DiDi is stupid so much as her brain is something she's rarely had to employ up until now) fashion. But six months is enough time for even the wheels in DiDi's noggin to turn, especially since she'll be in contact (ha!) with various tre sexah wrestlers.

Who knows? DiDi might even decide that she is not, in fact, a lesbian after all.
Well, if we go with the theory that Didi needs someone she has an emotional attachment to, to orgasm, I would go with the idea that there is some love for Zii.

Yes, orgasms are important to her, however, I'd argue, for most relationships, sex is important.