29-01-19 I think you do know

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

worldshaking00

Re: 29-01-19 I think you do know

Post by worldshaking00 »

OK, I see your point. My mind went to either of them being able to get another sexual partner with little real effort required, should they get jealous of the other's exploits. My mind also went to it being near the end of the comic, and in a meta sense there isn't a lot of room for jealousy should the comic wrap up with a happy ending for the two of them.

Thanks for the clarification.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

So it's looking like Zii is going to stick to her guns and go on the band tour but I could see Didi ditch her wrestling career and join Zii on the band tour. As for Gary and Peggy, I wouldn't mind if they ended up together but I have to remind myself what comic I'm reading and the "curve ball" the creative team have planned might end their relationship.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

Or, perhaps the curveball is that there isn't a curveball this time around. Cyclical thinking and overanalysis being a little fun and all, I am just hoping for a good ending.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

I'm just hoping the ending is "good enough" because I probably won't return for the epilogue arcs which are probably at least a year away.

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

Zii teaches Gary how to please Didi for six months, then Gary adds in the Swirly to kick it up a notch.

With Peggy's blessing, Zii has sex with Gary so she can learn from him what the Swirly is all about.

Peggy and Gary's relationship intensifies while both of them still have fun with Didi (Gary shows Peggy how to press Didi's buttons).

Zii comes back after her six month tour and everyone has sex together.

No one bothers wearing any clothes in the apartment anymore.

Six months later, Eulice joins them! :))

Lokitsu

Post by Lokitsu »

It's a shame that it took until recently for the characters to start having adult conversations, but whatever.
Is it possible to have an anti-ship? Because I CANNOT picture Zii and DiDi together long term.

sukebe senpai

Post by sukebe senpai »

Still, DiDi would make a great roadie for Zii's band. She can haul the biggest of Marshall and Hiwatt stacks with ease and then carry around huge Hammond organs and Moog modular synths (like the beast Keith Emerson was dragging along even when on tour). She'd enable Zii to expand her music even to prog.
FIRRIB

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Lokitsu wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:01 pm
Is it possible to have an anti-ship? Because I CANNOT picture Zii and DiDi together long term.
TV Tropes considers the opposite of shipping to be Dry Docking. Though that usually seems to be caused by the fans lusting after one of the pair, rather than simply finding the pairing implausible.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

sukebe senpai wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:19 pm
Still, DiDi would make a great roadie for Zii's band. She can haul the biggest of Marshall and Hiwatt stacks with ease and then carry around huge Hammond organs and Moog modular synths (like the beast Keith Emerson was dragging along even when on tour). She'd enable Zii to expand her music even to prog.
I still don't know how Keith Emerson could do that... And he ran marathons and did all this other stuff even with his right hand compromised...

Now back to Didi, she could probably carry and mount the entire Dream Theater equipment with ease.
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Zii and Peggy become an item in the end!

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

lordoffiling wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:55 pm
We don’t agree that often—indeed, this may be the first time—but I think Ollie is right. Peggy made up her mind right there on Panel 3, and we will be discovering what that decision was in the very near future.
I feel bad and sorry that disagreement was so prevalent that an exception is worth noting...
Well, even so, I'm glad there can be some common ground found, even if near the very end. :)

cheshire86

Post by cheshire86 »

My guesses as to final pairings -

Gary + Peggy: This feels pretty inevitable at this stage.
DiDi + Roxie: Partners in the ring, partners in the sheets. They have waaaaay more in common than DiDi and Zii, in my opinion.
Zii + Angel: Methinks they doth protest too much!

:D

sukebe senpai

Post by sukebe senpai »

rogermart wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:45 pm
I still don't know how Keith Emerson could do that... And he ran marathons and did all this other stuff even with his right hand compromised...

Now back to Didi, she could probably carry and mount the entire Dream Theater equipment with ease.
He had a tech plugging and unplugging patch cables on the ginormous modular Moog while he was playing, plus he had a module for presets. AND, he also had a truck specifically for his own gear, plus a few roadies at hand.
FIRRIB