Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

29-01-19 I think you do know

Post by Giz »

OllieOrOlly

Re: 29-01-19 I think you do know

Post by OllieOrOlly »

In panel 2, Peggy looks absolutely stunning. Other art is nice too, but worth noting how beautiful she appears in that panel.

Anyways, a rather amusing continuation of their conversation. It seems as though Peggy's anxieties have been allayed, though it is unclear whether she will stick with Gary or merely continue her prior lustful endeavours (pegging guys* and hooking up with former college girlfriends, albeit not the spy ones); her acknowledgement about the finality of life seems to suggest she has decided upon a path, though her emphasis on pleasure could support either random sexy times or a fulfilling relationship that offers both pleasure and emotional fulfilment.
It is quite funny to see how the straightforward Peggy can easily get Zii to flounder upon realisation she has to tell the excessively needy and impatient DiDi about her upcoming band tour; I guess an easy option would be that DiDi accompany Zii on the tour, since she seems to have put her wrestling ambitions to the sides (at least, the far more demanding professional level wrestling), however, that would kind of feel like a cop out after all of the build up to a confrontation about how important Zii and DiDi's supposed relationship is to other.

*Although, since Matt is otherwise preoccupied (probably won't last, but in the short term, he appears to be not an option), Gary is the only one she knows who is comfortable with her kink, so somewhat reimforces that she may opt for the Gary route.

sukebe senpai

Post by sukebe senpai »

DiDi can become the band's roadie; remember, it was implied early on that she fell in the cauldron with Getafix's magic potion when she was an infant. Although, unlike someone else who fell in there too, her chest hasn't slipped a bit...
FIRRIB

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Except DiDi still has her own career.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Peggy has Zii pegged, but the situation has her figuratively pegged.

Zii has to make a choice, libido or stardom.

christopheftw

Post by christopheftw »

It looks like she’s made her choice, she’s just worried about the consequences.

DocMesa

Post by DocMesa »

That second panel is one of the sexiest things I have ever seen in this comic strip.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

That 2nd panel is just way too hot. :YMDAYDREAM: :YMDAYDREAM:
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Damnit Peggy, deliberately triggering a patient's symptoms to score a point is mean.

And what is it with nurses for Giz and Dave? I mean, absolutely agreed about full respect for the profession, I'm onside there - but why is Peggy the one character in the strip whose job influences her character and is never (well, hardly ever) used for cheap gags, and who's allowed to make things sound almost serious for a panel or two?

(I have a bet with myself that one of the writers has a good friend or close relation who's a nurse.)
OllieOrOlly wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:32 am
In panel 2, Peggy looks absolutely stunning. Other art is nice too, but worth noting how beautiful she appears in that panel.
Absolutely agreed.
OllieOrOlly wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:32 am
It seems as though Peggy's anxieties have been allayed, though it is unclear whether she will stick with Gary or merely continue her prior lustful endeavours (pegging guys* and hooking up with former college girlfriends, albeit not the spy ones); her acknowledgement about the finality of life seems to suggest she has decided upon a path, though her emphasis on pleasure could support either random sexy times or a fulfilling relationship that offers both pleasure and emotional fulfilment.
I'm not sure that she's decided yet; I think that the point is that she's accepted that she does have to decide sometime soon. Being Peggy, she'll do her best to find the best solution she can, and maybe it'll be happy or maybe it'll be sad, but unlike (say) Zii sometimes, she won't try to dodge the issue.
brasca wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:43 am
Zii has to make a choice, libido or stardom.
That's not quite the issue. Unlike DiDi, and much as she likes sex, Zii isn't addicted; going on the road for six months (and swearing off groupies and other casual flings) would be hard work for her, but I think she's at least prepared to give it a go, and she'd feel obliged to take the idea of abstinence seriously because her feelings for DiDi are (supposed to be) serious. The problem is DiDi, who's a child on a sugar rush; Zii knows at heart that she won't be able to handle this. As Peggy points out.

So the libido issue is with DiDi. Zii's choice is this (supposedly) serious relationship or a music career. Of course, she's already come damn close to trashing the latter once because of her obsession with the Zeppelin-chested dimwit Yoko.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

LarsenSan

Post by LarsenSan »

Those fujoshis, ruining everything :D

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

We don’t agree that often—indeed, this may be the first time—but I think Ollie is right. Peggy made up her mind right there on Panel 3, and we will be discovering what that decision was in the very near future.

Ordinarily I’d agree with Spidrift, that the wording there might just mean half of a realization, but this comic is nearly over. There isn’t time left for much more navel gazing, she needs to get on with it so we can wrap this up.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

Damn, Peggy looks stunning in Panel 2. Well done Giz.

Peggy's answer to Zii (and outspoken realization to allay her own stress) seems to point that she will let Gary know that she also 'wouldn't consider it settling' to be with him. The panels in the past where the two of them are just enjoying their day really helps to emphasize that, to me. They are at a good place - like Kiley & Matt - before Matt bolluxed it up and Kiley realized that she was getting too close to a 'patient'. Except, Gary & Peggy don't have that baggage; they have learned to care for the other and have grown into the other... sounds like a great start to 'happily ever after' to me. Of course, I don't expect Peggy to lose her freak; I expect that there'll be a curveball thrown in by Peggy concerning sexual freedom of some nature. And considering Gary has been through quite a bit already, I'm pretty sure he would oblige Peggy just about anything. My hope is still on a FFM threesome with a certain someone else who is probably going to be lonely for the next six months, but I have been wrong before.

Please don't pull the football out from under Gary "Charlie Brown" again. They make a solid cute couple, and with some ground rules in place to keep things livened up for their love life Peggy should be able to accept & enjoy living with him.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

lordoffiling wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:55 pm
We don’t agree that often—indeed, this may be the first time—but I think Ollie is right. Peggy made up her mind right there on Panel 3, and we will be discovering what that decision was in the very near future.

Ordinarily I’d agree with Spidrift, that the wording there might just mean half of a realization, but this comic is nearly over. There isn’t time left for much more navel gazing, she needs to get on with it so we can wrap this up.
You may be right. If so, or if she does decide very soon, my bet is with worldshaking00; she says yes to getting more serious with Gary. Her remarks in previous strips about not letting yourself miss out on a good thing do seem to point that way. And yes, a “serious” thing with Gary needn’t exclude the occasional mutually-agreed indulgence with third parties, if the fancy takes both of them; neither of them can afford to indulge in too much jealousy, after all.

But we’ll see.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

Just curious, @Spidrift, about what you mean about "neither of them can afford to indulge in too much jealousy, after all." The statement could be interpreted a couple ways (in my mind at least). Thanks.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I simply mean that they both have kind of sexually colourful recent pasts (being typical Ma3 characters), a lot of it involving people who will still show up in their day-to-day lives, often as friends. If either of them worried about the other's sexual past for any reason, or thought that they might get led astray by someone they'd previously slept with... Well, (a) they'd be raging hypocrites, and (b) they'd never stop worrying.

But being rational Ma3 characters, neither of them usually thinks like that, so it's not really an issue. (Gary kind of found himself thinking like that when he saw Peggy with Bianca, but he soon realised that he was making a category error.)
---------
Spidrift