Giz
Site Admin

24-01-19 Those carefree urges

Post by Giz »

OllieOrOlly

Re: 24-01-19 Those carefree urges

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Haha! Panel 2 was a fun bit of banter.

Seems like a conversation with Peggy has begun to move those rusty wheels in Zii's brain, so that eventually she should realise how her desire for monogamy with DiDi is more akin to claiming a championship belt (aha, wrestling parallel) over genuine romantic symbiosis. I'm not sure what Peggy wants - although, the implication is that she still has a bit of kink energy left to deal with.
Zii's surprise at the end was amusing, though I thought Gary already told her about such encounters? Maybe I'm confusing it with his chat with Yuki, but I had thought Zii would be privy to all of her "greatest disciple's" activities.

While subtle, nice amount of emotional reactions in character expressions.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Yes! carefree urges! I can't believe Zii could be oblivious about that.

Well it's still good for them to talk about this although they really need to speak to their significant others.

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

Oh, right! Zii doesn't know about the pegging! How's that new info gonna work out inside her head? :))

TheFoolishOne

Post by TheFoolishOne »

*sips coffee , eats some popcorn* don't mind me, please continue <3

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Feelings are hard, let's go shopping. For sex toys. Love the way that Zii's voyeuristic tendencies can still be prodded into life... And these two don't have solutions to their problems yet, but the first step is admitting that you have a problem, and what it is.

I can't quite strangle the feeling that Zii has taken ten volumes to get through a slightly less convincing character development arc than Ruby managed in a slightly rushed three, but what the heck, it's been fun along the way. And we've had lots of great Giz facial art, as here.

Oh, and by the way, volume 10 has a cover. With one teeny-tiny conceptual change from the nine that came before.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

Seems like Peggy's not ready for anything monogamous just yet, not with Gary anyway. Since this is the last volume of Ma3, all the rest of his prospective ladies are unavailable for various reasons, and no other prospects have shown themselves, it looks like Gary's ending up alone - no "final girl" for him.
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Maybe. But I read it as things are likely to be more complicated (and interesting) than that. Both Zii and Peggy seem a little uncertain about what they do want, and we don’t know how DiDi will react to Zii’s news.

And anyway, it’s not like he’s likely to end up alone alone, even extrapolating simply from this scene. Peggy seems quite willing to carry on with their current no-strings relationship, and while that might not be 100% satisfactory for him, it doesn’t exactly make him miserable.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Antinerd

Post by Antinerd »

Can someone say if this is the first time that the web-comic's title appears in the dialogue?

It has been a long run and I might have missed it. If it hasn't I strongly suspect that is by design. A clever sign-off perhaps.

gormadoc

Post by gormadoc »

It's for pretty much every comic. Contractions get expanded, though.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Antinerd wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:03 pm
Can someone say if this is the first time that the web-comic's title appears in the dialogue?
September 3, 2011 and December 4, 2012.

(Okay, I pulled those dates off the TV Tropes notes on "Title Drop" in this comic. But I then had to go to the trouble of locating the strips by date.)
---------
Spidrift

Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

I don't think this is the first time, but it would have been funny to have a "comic reaction" to mentioning the name like when "Moon over June" went rainbow in what had been a pretty monochrome comic before then, when Winter and Hatsuki were arguing over baby names, or when the Finger Of God admonished the characters of "Least I Could Do" for mentioning the comic name.

But this is "Menage a 3" which resides in a separate universe where Montreal is in permanent late Spring, Summer, early Fall and there were zero fucks given about a Japanese girl going around the city kicking random men in the crotch.
Don Alexander wrote:Duh. All people are homosexual. Most just don't get beyond the heterosexual experimentation phase until they die of old age.

Platonix

Post by Platonix »

Is it weird that I don't think of "ménage à trois" as being the comic's title? I'm quite familiar with the sexual term and its non-sexual technical meaning, but because the comic's title is always, always written with the numeral 3 instead of the word trois, I always think of it as "ménage à three"...guess that's just me being a non-francophone.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

I enjoyed the "I never said that" banter with Peggy. She is a jewel. Zii's reaction to Gary being pegged - at the same time as Matt to - has got to get her libidometer revving. I'm surprised her hair *fwip* didn't happen.

It sure seems like Peggy is wanting (even) more kink or exploration in her sex life. Her telling Gary (and Zii) that she wouldn't want to deny someone their sexual freedom makes it out to be more about her. That being said, I am sure she wouldn't want Gary to suffer due to being sexually cramped. It seems like a reasonable consideration to want another person to have. But she sure seems bent on considering any commitment to Gary (or anyone?) cramping her own sexual freedom. I suppose from the 'not knowing who you'll wake up next to in the morning' angle, it certainly is crimping. But sex with someone who you are deeply committed to can be very satisfying too; trust and lowering boundaries make for even more enjoyable exploration. Pro's and con's.

I am getting the impression that with both ladies suffering from similar problems (commitment issues), both having panic attacks, and that both of them are talking to each other about it, that they will try to wrangle the other into being a third member in their sexual escapades. Peggy knows Gary would like to have sex with Zii. Peggy hasn't quite yet had a FFM threesome (in strip) that I am aware of; but, she seems quite capable. Zii should feel fairly comfortable in knowing that Didi cares for her, and the subject of an open relationship has been on the table before. If Zii can accept a compromise of a ménage à trois, finding someone who isn't a threat to her 'claim' on Didi would have to be paramount to Zii. My theory falls apart due to Didi's need for emotional connection, saying that both Peggy & Gary have failed to bring Didi to climax. Deeper connections could be formed, one would assume. It isn't like Peggy & Gary did not give it their all to try to get Didi off. The theory also implies Didi is not looking for a surrogate on her own to provide her her orgasms. Keeping it 'in house' as it were is also the easiest from a narrative standpoint, imo.

Should be interesting either way. Updating twice a week after such a cliffhanger & hiatus is killing me.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

jish55

Post by jish55 »

I really hope Peggy comes around and decides to stay with Gary, those two work well together, while Zii just never clicked with Gary in a romantic sense and wouldn't really be well for him.