Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

SDB 06-11-18 Do your parents know

Post by Giz »

OllieOrOlly

Re: SDB 06-11-18 Do your parents know

Post by OllieOrOlly »

At last, the secret to peace in Mà3 Montreal is so simple, yet obvious: yaoi! :))

It is a pleasant, if bizarre, sight to see the usually antagonistic elements of the group unite in agreement.
That said, from looking through the archives (I remembered Jordan, but not exactly many details), and I'm leaning towards agreeing with Dillon in that Julian shouldn't get involved with Jordan; unless it is an entirely casual thing, or even a ploy to make Dillon jealous (as misguided as that goal is), since Jordan is far from relationship material.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

The most I can recall of Jordan was that he was one of Matt's lovers, played Nightwing in that DC comic play (before Yuki took him out with a crotch kick; forcing Gary to replace him at a moment's notice), a friend/acting buddy of Dillon's and a guy who propositioned Gary - assuming Gary was gay/bi curious.

But, overall, Jordan never came off as a terrible guy - and was no more promiscuous than, say, Dillon? So Julian dating him shouldn't be an issue. Dillon is just equal parts jealous (because Julian finds Jordan more attractive than Dillon) and protective (due to having babysat him when he was a kid).
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Dillon seems to regard Jordan as a rival -- after all, they go after the same acting jobs and probably the same guys, certainly including Matt though not at the same time -- and hence has evidently built up enough hostility that he won't trust Jordan with Julian. But yeah, from what we've seen, Jordan isn't especially horrible by Ma3 standards; he's promiscuous (well, duh, it's Ma3), a bit smug, and he enjoyed teasing Gary (well, duh again -- but he wasn't really vicious about it). I'd guess that he wasn't long-term relationship material -- too smug, too habitually promiscuous -- but so long as Julian understands and genuinely accepts that, and treats this as a way to get the hang of gay dating (and, yeah, probably more, it's Ma3), it doesn't have to be a disaster. And who knows, maybe Jordan is getting bored of casual flings and will look for something a bit more long-term with a hunky twink.

Anyhow, this looks like another loose end or two being tied off; Julian has accepted that Dillon isn't a prospect for himself, and has moved on to get a straightforward date with someone else. Whether Dillon likes it or not, Julian is all grown up now, and at worst can make his own mistakes. And we have an answer of sorts to the question of what happened to another minor character, if anyone cares.

Which is all nice and tidy, but a bit formulaic at this point; some of us actually want to see the resolution of Ruby's story, even if it's just "I talked to Andy and sorted out our misunderstanding, and ... umm, yeah, it was worth the effort". With the comic down to two strips a week (and SotR temporarily out), this is getting quite frustrating. Still, at least we get Ruby's combination of good sense and absolute honesty about her motives showing up once again, which is always fun.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

brasca

Post by brasca »

While I'd like for Ruby's problem to get addressed soon it's nice to see this loose end tied up as well as Dillon squirm a little.

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

Wild prediction: Julian and Jordan become Gary's new gay roommates (who later become a gay couple) after Zii goes on the band tour, Didi tags along with Zii, and Peggy gets cold feet and all three move out of Gary's apartment at the end of Ma3.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

My own prediction - Dillon's dislike of Julian dating Jordan becomes justified when it's discovered that Jordan has a side piece; and said side piece is Jerzy.

Seriously, I want to see Jerzy get some comeuppance for his own crappy behavior.

Ophelianime

Post by Ophelianime »

Fluffy wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:44 pm
My own prediction - Dillon's dislike of Julian dating Jordan becomes justified when it's discovered that Jordan has a side piece; and said side piece is Jerzy.

Seriously, I want to see Jerzy get some comeuppance for his own crappy behavior.
I agree. Jerzy is as guilty as Zii for causing the rift between her and Angel, and while Angel was cheating on him, HE was cheating on THEM . . . so he really has no room to throw stones.
Plus I'm totally shipping Dillion with Julian

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Julian seems like a sweet enough character; but, he doesn't deserve to be involved romantically with someone as self absorbed/drama fueled as Dillon.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Honestly, I think it’s too late to get bogged down in wild shipping. (Which is rarely worth the effort anyway.) This strip is pretty clearly wrapping up Julian’s plot strand; he’s accepted that his interest in Dillon isn’t going anywhere, he’s capable of getting dates with good-looking guys, he’s heading into what will probably be a satisfactory future. Good for him. End of (his) story, literally.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.