Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

SDB 30-10-18 Do not disturb

Post by Giz »

OllieOrOlly

Re: SDB 30-10-18 Do not disturb

Post by OllieOrOlly »

I rather like the idea that the yaoi club will simply ignore the skirmishing duo of Zii and Angel.
Regarding those rockers... It didn't seem like they were going to become violent again earlier, but I suppose they are both quick to anger; they could've arrived at the yaoi club, then someone said something to set them off (though it is amusing to think they started fighting after Isabelle noted they would work well in a band together, and arrived at the meeting mid-stranglehold).
Presumably this fight is meant to be akin to Homer Simpson strangling Bart? The last bout between Zii and Angel I recall was played fairly straight and brutal, yet this time appears more comedic in tone.

Jobe00

Post by Jobe00 »

Could this discussion happen in the SDB forum instead of the MA3 one?
"The future ain't what it used to be."
-Lawrence Peter "Yogi" Berra

Jobe
"Universes Exist in My Mind."

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Too late, it's started here. Anyhow, didn't happen with the last SDB chapter. but okay, I'll cross-post there and see what happens.
OllieOrOlly wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:11 am
Presumably this fight is meant to be akin to Homer Simpson strangling Bart? The last bout between Zii and Angel I recall was played fairly straight and brutal, yet this time appears more comedic in tone.
As I've said before, you have to read Ma3 as a rather old-fashioned comedy comic, despite all the sex; physical violence is usually almost consequence-free and is assumed to be funny, not serious. (So yes, like Homer vs. Bart.) I think that we can assume that those two agreed to do the tour together (because nobody said that they wouldn't, and "don't block" is a rule of storytelling), they'll go through the entire tour periodically trying to kill each other with few consequences other than someone occasionally showing up on stage with a comedy black eye, and the tour will be a roaring success.

Anyhow, yay! Back to the most interesting characters and the plot that isn't just building blocks sliding into place at the top of the pyramid. Ruby continues to live with the sense of being surrounded by idiots, but can handle it, and being a bit anal-retentive, because that's how she is. I doubt that we're going to get a bunch of strips of these people discussing yaoi, and we're onto the last chapter with Ruby's boyfriend problem unresolved, so I imagine that somebody will ask Ruby how things are with Andy, she'll crack and drop the whole problem onto the group, and they'll offer some wacky ideas with a view to solving it.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

So... Not only are we updating twice a week instead of three times, but MA3 is on pause for a pretty good chunk of time while we wrap up SDB?

We’re really in the endgame now. :(
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

brasca

Post by brasca »

Two days after my birthday. A nice belated gift this is.

I’m wondering if this is set before the tour or after they begrudgingly agreed. Not like Angel and Zii never had a reason to not fight before, but I’d like to know the timeline.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

Giz: Thanks for the clarification on the finale of the Ma3 family series. Speculation from the readership was getting us nowhere. Hearing from 'the burning bush' about the plans laid out is nice, if still hard to swallow.

@brasca, I assume pre-tour but after tour announcement from Erik. Not that Angel & Zii need a reason to fight, apparently, but their rekindled and forced proximity to the other is the logical reason for why they are at each other's throat right now.

Here's a thought. Why not just net the two of them beat each other up? Angel's anger is toxic to their performing and just general happiness. And Zii just needs a good scuffle. THese two have such strong emotions for the other, that it would make their band thick as thieves if Angel & Zii would just resolve their past. Jerzy is out of the picture; deal with it. Even Ramona is tired of Angel's crap. Not that I want Angel & Zii to have a hate-sex bout a la Sonya & Yuki; however, there is some sort of accommodation that could be arranged.

With Angel & Zii getting ready to embark on their tour, that will diminish the yaoi club rather significantly. I wonder if they are going to try to start a membership drive? Don't ask me how, although I would bet Dillon would make the suggestion to advertise flirtatiously, somehow. Angel & Zii's required mutual make-up also would make sense to occur in SDB, since Ma3's strip count is so close to the #1500. Arcs that are very important to conclude should fill those precious remaining strips, while characters that belong primarily in SDB need to get their resolutions aired out there. Even though Angel is Zii's rival, Angel's home is here in SDB.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

The club initially advertised through the comics shop. Another push there couldn’t hurt. But I suspect that it’ll start growing ... well, when Ruby’s development as an entrepreneur needs to become a plot point, really. Logically, her next step might be getting some calendars and such made up and booking stands at a few conventions. But I doubt that we’ll see any if this in the one remaining chapter of the comic’s run. As it’d be rather cruel to make “frustrated confused virgin” her end state, I think it’s more likely that we’ll steer back around to the Andy Problem.

Seeing what all the club members can do to help work out what Andy’s actual issue is, and to fix it, could be amusing, I guess.

And if the writers are hellbent on giving every character some kind of ending, this strip should remind us that Julian may need a boyfriend. Hmm. Yaoi Club as the world’s most dysfunctional source of romantic advice?
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

Now we're back to Dillon's comic until it wraps up. I'm thinking 10-15 strips at most so be prepared for the last chapter of SDB to feel rushed to the finish line as well. When Ma3 does return it's probably going to be a rapid-fire wrap up so they can have it finished by #1500. As for what's happening in SDB at the moment, I'm hoping that Zii and Angel will bury the hatchet at some point. The whole Sitcom Arch Nemesis trope is funny at first but it wears thin after a while.

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

I'm just thinking, like... How many SDB strips could be left? Between 10 and 20, I imagine?

How are they gonna put a bow on this in a satisfying way in that space of time?
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

Antinerd

Post by Antinerd »

So where is this "Exorsisters" referred to? There doesn't seem to be a forum group here for it or a link.

Giz
Site Admin

Post by Giz »

Exorsisters isn't a webcomic, it's a comic book series published through Image comics. It's a monthly that started in October with a new issue each month. It can be read in print via comic shops or digitally via Comixology, Kindle (etc).
The main site at Image for it is https://imagecomics.com/comics/series/exorsisters
There's a subscription service if you don't live near a comic shop: https://subscriptions.imagecomics.com/s ... xorsisters
And trades for the series will be after each 5 issue arc. So basically, 5 issues come out and two months after a trade comes out. So once the first one comes out, a new one will come out roughly 6 months after. So like twice a year if you go the trade route. With Comixology or Kindle, you can follow it monthly digitally.
We have a Facebook page for it too: https://www.facebook.com/exorsisterscomic/
Hope this helps!

SailorDh

Post by SailorDh »

samtheman wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:56 pm
Now we're back to Dillon's comic until it wraps up. I'm thinking 10-15 strips at most so be prepared for the last chapter of SDB to feel rushed to the finish line as well. When Ma3 does return it's probably going to be a rapid-fire wrap up so they can have it finished by #1500. As for what's happening in SDB at the moment, I'm hoping that Zii and Angel will bury the hatchet at some point. The whole Sitcom Arch Nemesis trope is funny at first but it wears thin after a while.
Hoping Angel buries that hatchet in Zii's pointy little head.

Antinerd

Post by Antinerd »

Giz wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:36 pm
/
Hope this helps!
OK I'll checkitout thanks.

brasca

Post by brasca »

SailorDh wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:41 pm
samtheman wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:56 pm
Hoping Angel buries that hatchet in Zii's pointy little head.
Pointy?