25-10-18 Hall meeting

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

rogermart

Re: 25-10-18 Hall meeting

Post by rogermart »

Oops, my mistake... Fixed

About Izzy's height, check this strip, she and Zii are about the same height, so my guess is she is wearing heels. Since Zii usually doesn't wear them and Izzy was copying her it could be that now that she is doing more of her own style she is using them.
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Azrael wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:14 am
Spidrift wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:51 pm
3. Anyone who feels that Matt hasn’t suffered sufficiently can console themself with the thought that he’s about to be dragged off to stay with Yuki’s dad, who may be the creepiest character in the comic.
And I'd wager they'll get on like a house on fire.
Nah. Matt is a jerk, but at least he has class. And part of Yuki’s dad’s creepiness is that he keeps talking about wanting grandchildren (a new generation to be creepy towards!), and I can’t see Matt as the settle-down-with-sprogs type at this point.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

I don't know, Matt's never been particularly shy about perviness in the past. Then again, it's possible that Takeru's brand may be beyond the pale even for him.
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Can you really imagine Matt enjoying having a girlfriend's father repeatedly asking when he's going to knock the girl up?
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

LonestarF1

Post by LonestarF1 »

The "when are you giving us grandkids" parent is usually the Mother when that trope is used. It's a pretty common one, though.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Yes, yes, it’s commonplace — but Takeru manages to make it extra-creepy, given how he screwed up his relationship with his daughter, and given that it’s pretty much his opening line when meeting Yuki’s new boyfriends for the first time.
---------
Spidrift

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

worldshaking00 wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:53 pm
Giz's latest video interview at NYCC 2018 said she was going to be wrapping up the comic in about two months. At nine full weeks left until the end of the year and at two to three updates per week, that would be 18 to 27 updates... less if there are reduced updates due to the holidays. Either way, that places the odds at going over the magic #1500 strip.

The video also just referenced Ma3, not SDB. So technically we could get more updates from Giz across both comics. Or, we get about the number of updates I said above split between both. :-s

Chin up. At least the comic family isn't going to end on a wtf! zombie apocalypse or a Sopranos black screen. She did state that the characters would be in their happy place, and that they'd go over #1500 as needed to make the comic ending be satisfactory. What that means, of course, is subject to scrutiny. After ten long years, it is reasonable for us to not want it to end.
Here's a post Giz made on Facebook while she was at one of those conventions:
In case anyone is wondering where Ma3 updates are. I'll be updating later this week. Probably Thursday. As you know, I've been really busy with two back to back comic cons. Some might say "do buffer" but to tell you the truth, I don't really want it right now 'cause that would simply end Ma3 sooner than I want it to. If I go full steam ahead, we'd be doing a new Kickstarter before I've even finished fulfilling our last one. Sooo, you could even see me change the update schedule to two a week in order to push our next Kickstarter to February. Our next Kickstarter will have 4 books to fund, so I expect stretch goals will have us doing more one shots and possibly mini series set in the Pixie Trix verse (some of which could run online.) So yeah, although series are ending, I don't think it's truly ending.
Oh no, now we have a Word of God interview versus a Word of God social media post.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

Probably what she means is that she will wrap up production in two months, not the updates to us.
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

And we now have a word of god forum post, to confuse the issue further.
---------
Spidrift

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

Keep us guessing and therefore keep us reading. I'm now thinking the comic will continue past #1500 but I'm thinking 5-10 updates at most. Or maybe they'll end it on #1515 for shits and giggles.