Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

29-09-18 Share the danger

Post by Giz »

Cortez

Re: 29-09-18 Share the danger

Post by Cortez »

Bianca really is the perfect march for Sonya.

Also, at this point Sonya can't deny she likes women.

Jobe00

Post by Jobe00 »

Cortez wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:50 am
Bianca really is the perfect march for Sonya.

Also, at this point Sonya can't deny she likes women.
Sonya is Queen of Denial.
"The future ain't what it used to be."
-Lawrence Peter "Yogi" Berra

Jobe
"Universes Exist in My Mind."

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Oh dear, the dreaded catchphrase again!
I quite enjoy Allie's annoyed expression as she turns away, since she has been privy to Sonya's erratic sexual awakening from the start, along with having to listen to the perpetual denial spiel.

I suppose lethal encounters are the *logical* escalation for Sonya, as she had her passionate sex with Zii, hatef**king with Yuki, so now her addiction to adrenaline rushes has seemingly lead to her want literal danger as an aphrodisiac.

This side story feels a bit... pointless. It did seem that Sonya had learned how unreliable partners can cause heartache, yet her penchant for drama and growing danger supersedes her development? It isn't entirely unbelievable, but feels a little like backtracking simply to do more development of a character that had more or less reached the end of her arc already; also, I don't like the stupid spy stuff - guess it is a *useful* way to further explore Sonya's psyche, yet like I said, it already felt complete, thus only a nonsensical route could force any further development. Well, further displaying Sonya's growing lust for excitement is a decent enough path, just the spy crap is so dumb that it doesn't feel satisfying or sensible.
Despite my misgivings, I suppose if Sonya were to find happiness that couldn't be further away from Zii, she could forgive or at least be able to play in the same band again.

Bianca's range of expressions here is somewhat dull, although it can be justified as she is a cool-headed person who handles dangerous situations daily, so will remain almost expressionless in calm scenarios.

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

Bianca has some serious bedroom eyes.
Last edited by lordoffiling on Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

TheFoolishOne

Post by TheFoolishOne »

well, that put a bow on it

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

Well it seems they wrapped up Sonya's arc in the span of three strips. If the creative team continues to wrap things up at this rate then they will have it wrapped up by #1500 with maybe one or two hanging plot threads.

sukebe senpai

Post by sukebe senpai »

OK, so an upcoming strip that will feature Sonya will have this title about her: "Some assembly required".
FIRRIB

Pier777

Post by Pier777 »

lordoffiling wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:27 am
Allie has some serious bedroom eyes.
I think you meant Bianca?

Badman!

Post by Badman! »

Huh... No.

I know that the Ma3 verse is a verrrry distant paradygm of ours, but this break my suspension of belief. (And I'm quite tolerant at this point...)

So no, just no.

It doesn't make me laugh, it doesn't make me interested, feels like a bad idea in execution, there. Maybe cool for a spin-off, but not for anything else...

brasca

Post by brasca »

It's been 5 years since we've seen Allie. Never thought she'd pop up again this close to the end.

At least Bianca is being as candid as she possibly can in her line of work so Sonya can't say she didn't know better later.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

Why do I get the impression that Sonya would get her rocks off tied to a railroad track by Snidely Whiplash.

So, "being irresponsible" meant it was OK to drag Peggy into a firefight? Maybe Peggy realized she was a shit when Peggy scolded her for being inhumane, and has realized that she was being irresponsible after the fact. Maybe she was James Bond-ing it. Maybe she thought she had a good enough cover and/or wasn't tailed. Maybe she is a crappy spy? My question though, is how many foreign operatives are working on Quebec soil for her to get so many of them wanting her six feet under? Canada does have a secret spy intelligence/counterintelligence network, yes?

Sonya is attracted to danger now, which is an escalation from simple 'drama'. A mega-upgrade, really. Despite Yuki knowing martial arts, I doubt their tristes were not much more than bruises, hair-pulling, and a strain or two... apart from accidental fisting of course. But I suppose it is a comic strip-level upgrade, so the lethality of bombs & guns has to be mitigated for comedy's sake.

I expect if Bianca and Sonya hit it off, Sonya will dump Angel's band. She might even accept an apology from Zii, if one is offered, if she gets to mellow out with all the danger(?) 8-} b-( :-? Or maybe she will stay, provided Sonya doesn't have to move around 'the world' with Bianca.

So, Zii must be really really really working hard on her band, right? She hasn't come up for air in a really long time.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

I don't know about an apology, i think Bianca will will help Sonya stop thinking about Zii altogether.

Linnah

Post by Linnah »

If memory serves, didn't Sonya improve her bass skills solemnly so that she could be more with Zii?

'Cause I can really picture that she'll begin training her aim to woo 'Bee'.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

So Sonya upgraded from being dramasexual to dangersexual... Well, like Pearl Jam said "It's evolution baby!"

And I ended up making the pool with 3 friends that read Ma3, and I lost it. I gave her 2 strips to say "I'm not a lesbian", and she did it in 1.
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...