Post by Giz »

Cortez

Re: 22-09-18 Probably the best time

Post by Cortez »

So that was Damian in the last strip.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

To begin with a positive: love the expressiveness and the range of emotions displayed in the art.

Not thrilled with Maura and Lynn apparently dating now? Perhaps Maura is simply still following a delusion; regardless, Lynn seems to have either acquiesced to being her girlfriend because "made her bed, now has to lie in it," or that she hasn't bothered to clear up the misunderstanding.
Though, the fact that Maura nearly broke into anger about Tess dating Damien seems to show she isn't as serious about Lynn as her proclamations had suggested, as it was her merely following the *narrative* of Lynn being Prince Charming? Or it could be jealousy and/or frustration because both Maura and Tess had a "non-dating Damien" pact? The latter feels more probable.

Kind of repellent that Lynn is using the two as replacements for DiDi just to cover her own backside, while also allowing Maura to believe it is out of some kind of romantic gesture; as bad as Lynn is, she never seemed to be the type to use nepotism/cronyism. Ahaa
On a tangent - poor Roxie, evidently left out of the higher echelons because no amount of training and skill can equate the being telegenic.

Not sure how long the duo can maintain the DiDi-esque boob proportion subterfuge, especially when it comes to costume-fitting, but hey, it's only for a joke in the end, right? :))

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

Don't think that arc could get wrapped up any better. Like, with several layers of wrapping paper-like wrapped up. Almost a shame to open it back up.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

worldshaking00 wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:39 am
Don't think that arc could get wrapped up any better. Like, with several layers of wrapping paper-like wrapped up. Almost a shame to open it back up.
As abrupt as the earlier "ending," was, along with its dramatic off-screen development, today's update does feel a bit like a superfluous addendum.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

I suppose the Tempests & Lynn's moving on will play into Didi's final ending sequence, so this strip's developments was useful. I just hope that the creative team gives as much TLC to other 'bit' characters, not to mention the main trio cast and their SO's.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Cortez wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:34 am
So that was Damian in the last strip.
Uh, yeah. Was there any doubt about that?

Okay, he wasn't tagged, I guess.
OllieOrOlly wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:37 am
Though, the fact that Maura nearly broke into anger about Tess dating Damien seems to show she isn't as serious about Lynn as her proclamations had suggested, as it was her merely following the *narrative* of Lynn being Prince Charming? Or it could be jealousy and/or frustration because both Maura and Tess had a "non-dating Damien" pact?
They were both after Damien, though it seemed to be on a fairly friendly, "may the best woman win" basis. But I guess that as they were both after him, Maura was just reflexively jealous to hear that Tess had succeeded.
OllieOrOlly wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:02 am
worldshaking00 wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:39 am
As abrupt as the earlier "ending," was, along with its dramatic off-screen development, today's update does feel a bit like a superfluous addendum.
Yeah -- not sure where this is going, unless it's just here to hammer a point home. I keep expecting a cut to another plot line, and it keeps not happening without much more happening.

By the way, has any woman in history ever really broken a bra strap by turning her head sharply?
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

dmra

Post by dmra »

Spidrift wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:32 am
By the way, has any woman in history ever really broken a bra strap by turning her head sharply?
I'd guess it depends on the type and amount of padding used and how much structural pressure it was putting on.

More puzzling to me is why the padding if Gigi had already seen the pair of them in a video? You'd think she might just notice the difference in appearance. Unless she too suffers from the the MA3 fate of everybody being as stupid as necessary for a joke.

rakedan

Post by rakedan »

*looks at Lynn's chest*
Wait a minute...
An idiot on internet with memory problem.

UnsightlyWalrus

Post by UnsightlyWalrus »

rakedan wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:11 pm
*looks at Lynn's chest*
Wait a minute...
Probably from GiGi's perspective, Lynn with her relatively flat chest and boyish looks is very good at appealing to female audience, not to mention a potential reverse trap for bringing in sexually confused viewers. Also, she's apparently very skilled and skill alone can get her to the top.

brasca

Post by brasca »

I don't know if it's the best or worst time to tell someone who you know is reflexively jealous. On the one hand you'd be giving GiGi the show she wants, but I doubt the double padded bras could handle the stress of impromptu fighting.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Spidrift wrote:

They were both after Damien, though it seemed to be on a fairly friendly, "may the best woman win" basis. But I guess that as they were both after him, Maura was just reflexively jealous to hear that Tess had succeeded.

It could also be simply shock that Tess hooked up with Damian.

Also, is it wrong that i feel this makes Damian look unprofessional?
rakedan wrote:
*looks at Lynn's chest*
Wait a minute...
To be fair, a lot of the other WW3 female wrestlers that we've seen don't have DiDi/FiFi/GiGi level boobs either.

Zorlond

Post by Zorlond »

Spidrift wrote:
It probably has more to do with the sudden and sharp inhale-exhale of near-shouting.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

They're like particularly dimwitted lambs to the slaughter, aren't they?

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

Cortez wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:32 pm
rakedan wrote:
*looks at Lynn's chest*
Wait a minute...
To be fair, a lot of the other WW3 female wrestlers that we've seen don't have DiDi/FiFi/GiGi level boobs either.
True, all the WW3 wrestlers we've seen so far are versions of characters from the C-verse, and in that universe the only ones that naturally have DiDi/FiFi/GiGi level boobs (or at least really close) are Chloe, Adora (Chloe's mom) and Maria Delacroix (Nina and Layla's mom), none of which have appeared here... Laura, Cessily and Nina had those boobs for a while but demon magic was involved, and I don't count female-Teddy because that involves getting injected with succubus blood and reaper ectoplasm, and in recent events, angel blood.

My point is, GiGi doesn't have a problem with regular or small boobs, but she knows the big boobs effect and she wants at least one that has them on TV (along with drama potential and some wrestling skills)...
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...