20-09-18 I might be able to make it up

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

worldshaking00

Re: 20-09-18 I might be able to make it up

Post by worldshaking00 »

I don't think it is a question of another person not being available to simply fill the spot. Rather, she was looking at Didi and her bosom... and whatever the heck "je ne c'est quoi" she saw in her. Her statuesque Amazoness-ness? Her flounce? The determination in her eye or the turn of her nose? I think we'll never know exactly what she was after, other than the obvious set of DD's. We'll also not really know what effect monetizing & marketing the Didi Effect on a large scale could do. And I am afraid that Didi would have been rather horrible at drama and kayfabe... at least at the beginning. "Cheesy" acting would have been an understatement.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

EvilSnack

Post by EvilSnack »

worldshaking00 wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:19 am
I don't think it is a question of another person not being available to simply fill the spot. Rather, she was looking at Didi and her bosom... and whatever the heck "je ne c'est quoi" she saw in her. Her statuesque Amazoness-ness? Her flounce? The determination in her eye or the turn of her nose? I think we'll never know exactly what she was after, other than the obvious set of DD's. We'll also not really know what effect monetizing & marketing the Didi Effect on a large scale could do. And I am afraid that Didi would have been rather horrible at drama and kayfabe... at least at the beginning. "Cheesy" acting would have been an understatement.
Yes, but...

While I am sure that cash registers were ringing in Gigi's ears, Didi was at the very best the most visually promising candidate among hundreds (even in Canada), of whom many would cheerfully jettison their principles simply to be in front of a camera. If Gigi has been in the business for any serious length of time, she has more binders full of women than Mitt Romney.

It's not Gigi's interest in signing Didi that provokes my skepticism, it's her regarding Didi's declination as more than a speed bump in her business plans.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

EvilSnack wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:20 am
I call bullstuff on Gigi's reaction. There are plenty of people who would gladly take the spot that Didi declined, so many so that Gigi's plans are not in danger.
But they’re not DiDi. Who is magic.
EvilSnack wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:28 am
It's not Gigi's interest in signing Didi that provokes my skepticism, it's her regarding Didi's declination as more than a speed bump in her business plans.
She didn’t seem that angry to me. Just rationally irritated at having wasted her time and lost her first choice candidate.

Okay, she didn’t have an instant backup plan, so Lynn had to improvise a fresh option, but this hardly looks like gross ineptitude. They had time to improvise, and GiGi has sidekicks who can think on their feet.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

Lets also not forget that the list of candidates gets narrowed quite a bit when one considers that Gigi's ideal new Beatdown candidate would have to be most (if not all of) the following: large bosomed; pretty; interested in wrestling & hamming things up satisfactorily {... or acting... call it whatever you want}; able to be trained as a wrestler or already be a wrestler; be wanting to move around and/or not have connections requiring them to be tied down to a particular locale; able to be manipulated. According to Lynn's recommendation to Gigi, Didi fit all of the above. Remember Gigi commenting mentally to herself about how Didi developed a conscience inconveniently at this moment? Binders or not, that can't be a large number of women.

Perhaps Gigi mistepped by going solely for the low hanging fruit and not following up sooner with Lynn. Or perhaps it was comedy/script necessity. Either way, I'd expect Gigi to be able to turn lemons into lemonade, and learn from this incident to not trust Lynn's advice as much concerning her large bosom-related affirmative action agenda. Especially if Gigi finds out that Lynn let her horniness/burgeoning romance for Maura interfere with latching onto Didi and securing Didi's desire to be in the WW3 because she'd already have a lover/partner/friend there.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Or, to put it another way — this seems mainly to be a way to give Lynn and Maura some closure, and this comic has never been afraid to allow convenient coincidences. (Remember Gary and Senna bumping into Sandra in Paris, or Angel needing a bassist just when Sonya wanted to get some best revenge on Zii.) So GiGi and Lynn got sloppy enough to need some eye-catching talent in a hurry...
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Forgot to note, it seems Maura and Lynn are a couple now.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

Also, I may be falling in false-pattern-recognition, but all WW3 wrestlers we've seen so far are versions of C-Universe characters, the only ones from there that are not in the WW3 are Maura and Tess... Until now? :-?

If that's the case, maybe Gigi finds later a version of Chloe and she becomes the star of Beatdown? maybe i'm reading too much into this? :D
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

brasca

Post by brasca »

Wonder if Roxie will be irritated or relieved that Maura and Tess are moving on.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

She didn't seem to dislike them that much -- which, ironically, might make her more angry to hear that they, too, have snagged a place with the WW3 on the basis of presentation rather than talent. But I suspect that we've had that joke, now, and we won't see much of Roxie's reaction in the comic.
---------
Spidrift

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

brasca wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:24 pm
Wonder if Roxie will be irritated or relieved that Maura and Tess are moving on.
They've been at it longer than DiDi, so Roxie probably won't mind. What set her off with DiDi was that she got called up to the WW3 before she even had her first match.