Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

08-09-18 How can I prove

Post by Giz »

OllieOrOlly

Re: 08-09-18 How can I prove

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Ha! Well, GiGi is right, though not for the right reason - DiDi has lacked a conscience (melodramatic hints of "sympathy" not counted), and it would've prevented so much annoyance/heartache had she considered other people's feelings well before now.

Perhaps a bit of GiGi's true colours are breaking through in the fourth panel; I could be misreading her face, yet if not, it appears as though there was a sudden burst of rage that she is barely concealing behind a forced grimace, thus showing that her friendly facade disguises an easily angered person, at least when they fail to acquire what they want.
Another interpretation is that she is amused at the turn of events, although, with her perplexed display of ignorance of Brandy, and the sheer intensity of her eyes at the end, support the idea that she has a darker personality.

Kind of goes without saying, nevertheless, superb artwork - the emotions of the scene are delivered and/or enhanced by expressions and body language, as well as being aesthetically pleasing.

Passing Through

Post by Passing Through »

Didi's conscience had to come back from holiday at some point.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

As I've said before, DiDi is sentimental. I'm sure that she's terribly nice to cute puppies, she's fairly reliably nice to her friends so long as they don't deny her orgasms, and she wants to think that she has a conscience. But it's all shallow and thin; in the end, the only person whose feelings really matter to her is herself. Note how, whenever something sad happens when DiDi is around (such as Sonya's near-breakdown over losing Zii), DiDi sheds a few tears but does bugger-all about the problem (and everyone else ignores her, because they all know that she's useless).

So GiGi doesn't know it yet, but she doesn't have a huge problem here; all she has to do is baffle DiDi with a bit of bullshit, and that conscience will pop like a soap bubble. And DiDi is dumb as dirt, so it shouldn't be hard.

(Or at least, that's my reading of the character. The writers and editor may charge in and swear that DiDi is a better person than that, really, but I can only go by what happens in the story.)

As for GiGi -- oh gosh, dedicated businesswoman running an entertainment business is actually a hard-nosed manipulator. Points to the writers for not trying to make her overly sentimental, despite her twinges of big breast sisterhood solidarity (and her visual resemblance to Giz), but this is just baseline realism.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

I guess having Gigi be overly nice or genuine was too much to expect, thus reinforcing Vader's image for Lynn phone when Gigi calls her. I wonder what BS Gigi will spoon feed Didi.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

It's not clear whether the Vader image was linked to GiGi's number or her father's. But whatever. Mass entertainment business, tough businessperson. Also, bears, woods, excrement, etc.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

True, we don't 100% know if it was Gigi or her father calling Lynn. But it would have to be one of them; I doubt they have to share a cell phone.
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Incidentally, people have commented on this before, but... I just now ran across a pretty landscape photo with an attached caption noting that the mountains in the background were the Grand Tetons. Having read this strip mere hours before...
---------
Spidrift

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

Gigi, just say to Didi "sign this and you will get tons of orgasms". Done deal.
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Oh, and Lynn is gambling on DiDi disregarding what Lynn did the last time they met. If DiDi was the sort to bear grudges, this meeting could have gone a little messily.
---------
Spidrift

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

Didi has a knack for blurting out things best left unsaid. I wouldn't say this meeting is safe for Lynn yet. I can easily visualize Didi explaining that Maura beat her at wrestling over Lynn, and Lynn looking all surprised and embarrassed having to explain away her recruiting technique.

Of course, one can't help but wonder how much Fifi & Gigi know about Lynn's flirtatious behavior. Saying that Lynn's Vader image was for Gigi's incoming calls, Lynn at least had the forethought to not plaster a creep-o shot of Gigi's rack for her imagery.

Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Grande Tetons is Spanish for Big Boobs.
Don Alexander wrote:Duh. All people are homosexual. Most just don't get beyond the heterosexual experimentation phase until they die of old age.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

It's "Tetas grandes" in Spanish. Of course we have a lot of names for them, but "Tetons" is not one, "Tetones" is the closest one.
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Wikipedia suggests that the mountain either was named that by a French-Canadian explorer, so yes it means “big boob” in French, or was named after the Teton Sioux tribe, in which case it’s a Native American word.
---------
Spidrift

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

Aren't there a lot of mountains with names like that? I know there's more than one "sleeping woman"...