06-09-18 Do I have enough talent

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Spidrift

Re: 06-09-18 Do I have enough talent

Post by Spidrift »

Well yes. Hoping your skill will be valued in a field which actually values only big tits is a bit of a mistake. I imagine that Roxie would do better in, I dunno, women's boxing or MMA or something.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Ah, so GiGi is the Stephanie McMahon of the WW3.
Spidrift wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:11 pm
Well yes. Hoping your skill will be valued in a field which actually values only big tits is a bit of a mistake. I imagine that Roxie would do better in, I dunno, women's boxing or MMA or something.

Except that's not the case in the whole field, just one promotion.

And her passion is wrestling, not boxing or MMA.

meps98

Post by meps98 »

JoybuzzerX wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:34 pm

Roxie has an attitude problem where she believe she's owed something for putting the time in. That is almost never the case. Has she even tried to come up with a better look for herself, as the look she's sporting doesn't seem to be winning her the job.

She just thinks the job is about talent. It's about entertainment and everything I've seen, hasn't lead me to believe she's entertaining outside of some good moves ie no personality or at least, not one people may want to watch on TV.
In the wrestling biz, it's both about talent and the character you are playing. It appears that Roxie is putting too much emphasis on her talent and not enough on her character. If I've read things correctly, she's moving into the championship as a "bad guy" character aided by the underhanded behavior of Didi's "Amazon Terminator" character. Roxie said she didn't want the championship this way but didn't say how she wanted to become champ. If it was by a fair competition; dream on, Roxie. No such thing in entertainment wrestling. If she wanted a different character to play, talk to the writers who create the performances they all act in.
Either way, it appears that Roxie, as good as she is, hasn't accepted the basic premises of the profession she has chosen.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

She has and she has no problem being a heel, what are you even talking about?

No offense, but it doesn't seem like you don't know how Indy wrestling works. Indy feds don't have writers for example.
Didi's "Amazon Terminator" character.
Her character is based on Diesel's times as Shawn Michaels bodyguard.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Cortez wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:28 pm
Except that's not the case in the whole field, just one promotion.
Not yet determined. Remember, we’re talking about wrestling in the Ma3 universe, not wrestling in reality.
And her passion is wrestling, not boxing or MMA.
Well then, if she’s going to be inflexible, she’s stuffed.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

YES, LYNN! WELCOME TO BREASTOPIA!!!
:0

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Spidrift wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:46 pm

Not yet determined. Remember, we’re talking about wrestling in the Ma3 universe, not wrestling in reality.
Except it has been determined, we've seen that it's not the case in feds that aren't the WW3.
Well then, if she’s going to be inflexible, she’s stuffed.
Good thing she hasn't been inflexible then. I don't see why you guys make up things about Roxie.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Spidrift wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:11 pm
Not talking about just her tits. :p Her look. Her personality. I haven't read that as being all that great in terms of the wrestling entertainment. Roxie wants to be in the entertainer business, but wants to base it purely on her talent at wrestling.

Passing Through

Post by Passing Through »

JoybuzzerX wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:30 pm
Passing Through wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:10 am
I'm going to go with 'no' to that one Brooke.
I don't know.

How many wrestlers in the real world have gotten to where they are with the right look, good luck and a bit of talent?

Lots. :p

Same goes for many actors.

Roxie herself seems to have some attitude problems. Is one of the best and knows it and totally believes time spent in, means you get the position, which is never the real case.
I was answering her question in panel four.