Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

06-09-18 Do I have enough talent

Post by Giz »

Passing Through

Re: 06-09-18 Do I have enough talent

Post by Passing Through »

I'm going to go with 'no' to that one Brooke.

Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

So Didi does have some self-awareness that her "endowments" are affecting her chances at the job.
Don Alexander wrote:Duh. All people are homosexual. Most just don't get beyond the heterosexual experimentation phase until they die of old age.

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

I was right! This *is* a kind of sorority! A tata sisterhood, if you will!
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Okay, so GiGi's father must be the boss that Lynn is afraid/intimidated by, since none of her conversations with the WW3 boss were particularly flirtatious, and if it was GiGi on the other end of the phone, Lynn's lust would've dictated her to be constantly trying to seduce her, in spite of any professional boundaries that likely would be in place.

While GiGi, FiFi, and DiDi (teehee~) are an appealing sight to behold, not enough about the new booberific women is known to judge whether their personalities are as pleasant as their appearances, or if they have similarly repugnant egos like DiDi; therefore, probably not what the "gates of heaven look like," as a certainty yet.
Must appreciate the aesthetic nuances in the voluptuous ladies - DiDi, while being the smaller chest size (Bizarro world?), is arguably more attractive overall due to proportions and facial features; FiFi has a larger bust, but doesn't seem to have the same balance with curves, and isn't as... perky; GiGi, however, has larger bust and hips, while maintaining decent ratios, so depending upon preferences in hair style, she could be seen as more beautiful than DiDi (though, not a fan of big fros, personally, but others may be so inclined). DiDi could still technically *out-beauty* the others if any of their appeals have been cosmetically created.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Is it just me, or is DiDi's mangled Franglais especially painful in this strip?

Anyhow, okay, GiGi is pushing the large-boob sisterhood thing, but the original choice was still based on the Boobieeezzzz!!! principle. Which cunningly lets the writers have their cake and eat it; they can take jabs at wrestling's booby obsession, while still letting DiDi retain her self-respect when she's hired.

Which just leaves the likes of Roxie completely hosed, as the company goes from sexism to big bust pride, without any stops at respect for actual, you know, talent.

One also notes that GiGi is the large-breasted daughter of a guy with a thing for large breasts. So presumably, her bust size is natural and inherited from her mother.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Khazuki

Post by Khazuki »

NO.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

Spidrift wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:58 am
Which just leaves the likes of Roxie completely hosed, as the company goes from sexism to big bust pride, without any stops at respect for actual, you know, talent.
Could be? I am not a student of genetics but I'd assume such physical traits could be passed down from either lineage as well as just plain ol' nurture vs. nature. Or a grandmother from either side. Or bovine growth hormone residue in commercially sold milk.
Spidrift wrote:
One also notes that GiGi is the large-breasted daughter of a guy with a thing for large breasts. So presumably, her bust size is natural and inherited from her mother.
It does also place regularly curved ladies like Lynn in a different light with their up-and-coming boss. Old guard? Lesbian fetish? Too famous or too useful to dispose of at the moment?

I am also curious to see how far down the rabbit hole Gigi is willing to go to satisfy this particular social experiment. Busty affirmative action levels?

Lynn making an appearance outside of the hotel room is novel, but expected due to her scouting Didi. It makes me wonder if Maura is lurking outside.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

brasca

Post by brasca »

For Lynn this may be the gates of heaven, but Kiley would probably think it’s hell.

Technically GiGi isn’t the boss so there’s still the possibility of getting a Blair doppelgänger. Maybe we’ll see Faith as one of the wrestlers. Maybe with Callie as her partner.

xetalon

Post by xetalon »

worldshaking00 wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:43 pm
Spidrift wrote:
Could be? I am not a student of genetics but I'd assume such physical traits could be passed down from either lineage as well as just plain ol' nurture vs. nature. Or a grandmother from either side. Or bovine growth hormone residue in commercially sold milk.
Spidrift wrote:
It does also place regularly curved ladies like Lynn in a different light with their up-and-coming boss. Old guard? Lesbian fetish? Too famous or too useful to dispose of at the moment?

I am also curious to see how far down the rabbit hole Gigi is willing to go to satisfy this particular social experiment. Busty affirmative action levels?

Lynn making an appearance outside of the hotel room is novel, but expected due to her scouting Didi. It makes me wonder if Maura is lurking outside.
Lynn is a pure talent, with the experience. There is no way she's not useful for the mean of the company.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

brasca wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:47 pm
Technically GiGi isn’t the boss so there’s still the possibility of getting a Blair doppelgänger. Maybe we’ll see Faith as one of the wrestlers. Maybe with Callie as her partner.
But then again — who gives a shit?
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

brasca

Post by brasca »

I do and so do the others who like these cameos.

Antinerd

Post by Antinerd »

Spidrift wrote:
You do realize you just described Ivanka Trump don't you?

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Passing Through wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:10 am
I'm going to go with 'no' to that one Brooke.
I don't know.

How many wrestlers in the real world have gotten to where they are with the right look, good luck and a bit of talent?

Lots. :p

Same goes for many actors.

Roxie herself seems to have some attitude problems. Is one of the best and knows it and totally believes time spent in, means you get the position, which is never the real case.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Spidrift wrote:
Is it just me, or is DiDi's mangled Franglais especially painful in this strip?

Anyhow, okay, GiGi is pushing the large-boob sisterhood thing, but the original choice was still based on the Boobieeezzzz!!! principle. Which cunningly lets the writers have their cake and eat it; they can take jabs at wrestling's booby obsession, while still letting DiDi retain her self-respect when she's hired.

Roxie has an attitude problem where she believe she's owed something for putting the time in. That is almost never the case. Has she even tried to come up with a better look for herself, as the look she's sporting doesn't seem to be winning her the job.

She just thinks the job is about talent. It's about entertainment and everything I've seen, hasn't lead me to believe she's entertaining outside of some good moves ie no personality or at least, not one people may want to watch on TV.