16-08-18 Mon accent

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Cortez

Re: 16-08-18 Mon accent

Post by Cortez »

dmra wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:54 am
Plenty of wrestlers have been sacked or had their careers cut short becuase they got a reputation for being careless in the ring.
Which hasn't been the case with Roxie, glad we agree. We seen her be nothing but professional in the ring.

Seriously, i'm a long time wrestling fan and doesn't act like any off the real life wrestlers that have bad reputations. Especially not the ones that get away with it, which you seem to be ignoring.
she put the head trainer in a submission move because he made a joke about Didi's looks
I think you mean because he was being a creep, which means he was the one acting unprofessional. I'm sorry, what was this example suppose to prove again?

No offense, but i can't help but think you're being bias and ignoring context.

rogermart wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:01 pm
There could be a backstory, but when Lynn was talking to her boss about Roxie, he/she/it mentioned she doesn't have the "right look".

http://www.ma3comic.com/strips-ma3/The_right_look
And Lynn herself seems to habe a high opinion of Roxie's abilities.
worldshaking00 wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:41 am

As to her humdrum vanilla life outside of wrestling, I agree she would make a good candidate legally on paper. Little risk. But this cadre seems to be looking for bad girls, vamps, and bodacious bodies.
Actually no, most promoters prefer that their star behave professionally outside the ring.

I also assume that applies to the rest of the agencies, currently at this rate. That places Roxie at a disadvantage. She might be able to kayfabe being a mean woman, but she is seems too awkward to be a bad girl.
Except that doesn't follow what we have seen, the crowd is buying I to her as a heel.

dmra

Post by dmra »

The thing is we haven't really seen enough of her in ring to decide. Having said that we haven't been told that she has lost her temper while wrestling so she may well be the consummate professional in the ring while still being a red rag to a bull type outside it. And haven just taken a look back at some of the strips she's been in this one also suggests that she can and does let her feelings interfere with her performance - at least during training.
http://www.ma3comic.com/strips-ma3/do-i ... erformance

Given the ease with which she attacked Didi and the trainer I doubt her bad temper is any kind of secret. Given how many times wrestlers do get hit when they're not expecting it I'm not sure I'd want somebody working for me who might go into business for themselves if they get taken by surprise.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I think that readers who like wrestling are trying too hard to read too much into things here.

Roxie isn't getting a transfer because she doesn't have pneumatic glamour-girl looks. Because that's how things work in wrestling in the setting. Occam's Razor cuts all other hypotheses away.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

And that's pretty much what Lynn's boss said, even though Lynn herself was praising Roxie. So that's all it is
.The thing is we haven't really seen enough of her in ring to decide.
Except we have and she's nothing but professional in the ring.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Cortez wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:43 pm
And that's pretty much what Lynn's boss said, even though Lynn herself was praising Roxie. So that's all it is
.The thing is we haven't really seen enough of her in ring to decide.
Except we have and she's nothing but professional in the ring.
She praised Roxie's talents. Not her looks.

Also, if they did take in Roxie, they may want her as a heel and is that what she wants?