04-08-18 Very agreeable

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

samtheman

Re: 04-08-18 Very agreeable

Post by samtheman »

themacnut wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:02 pm
But Peggy's reluctance to commit may yet scuttle her 'ship with Gary before it even gets to leave harbor.
This is probably what is going to happen. The surprised look on Peggy's face in the last panel has me concerned as well. Is Peggy thinking "Oh crap, this guy wants a serious relationship with me but I don't want one with him so how do I explain that to him without hurting his feelings?"

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

So you’re “concerned” about a fictional character possibly behaving like a sensible adult while showing concern for a friend’s feelings?
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

He doesn't consider being with Peggy settling but the question is, who does he really want to be with?

Is it Peggy? Is it Zii? Is it someone else?

jish55

Post by jish55 »

I don't think the look of shock is her not wanting a relationship with him, especially since she admits she genuinely likes him. Also, Peggy's not the type to keep hooking up with someone she doesn't want to be around. I think if anything, that look is more of a realization or possibly her finding out how he feels, in which could lead to her wanting to give it a try. Hell, we saw how their life was like outside of sex where they spend genuine time together and enjoy each other's company, so this may be what she was looking for, but hadn't realized it till he said it.

Collarnorcrown

Post by Collarnorcrown »

Gary my dude! Way to act like an adult!
"The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything."
Friedrich Nietzsche

Shinjischneider

Post by Shinjischneider »

Excuse me.

Could someone help me out?

I was looking for MenageA3. But in this comic people are talking and what they say makes sense.

I must have taken the wrong turn on Albuquerque i guess.

Raistlinsama

Post by Raistlinsama »

It's been AGES since I last logged in to comment, but this feels like a MAJOR event.
I'm not surprised in Peggy being correct about Gary's weakness, she's been more or less consistently written as the most (only?) sensible character in Ma3.
But Gary really came along way from the beginning. Now I just hope Peggy's face is not of the "Eek! Must run!" variety but of the "Cr@p! I think I may have feelings for him!".

If there is need of a comedic train wreck of a relationship before the end of the comic I'd rather it be Zii and Didi.
"It's just a jump to the left..."

brasca

Post by brasca »

I know a lot of people think this strip will end with Gary and Zii hooking up, but I really want this to work out with Gary and Peggy. Zii and Gary don't seem to be all that right for each other and other than the potentially epic sex I have no interest in shipping them.

Collarnorcrown

Post by Collarnorcrown »

If we had another volume left I could still go for Zii and Gary, but a last minute face turn from Zii simply wouldn't be believable at this point.
"The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything."
Friedrich Nietzsche

Alarikun

Post by Alarikun »

Collarnorcrown wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:16 am
If we had another volume left I could still go for Zii and Gary, but a last minute face turn from Zii simply wouldn't be believable at this point.
Is MA3 coming to an end? Did I miss something?

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Alarikun wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:11 am
Collarnorcrown wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:16 am
Is MA3 coming to an end? Did I miss something?
Yes. They're ending all the stories it would seem.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

However there is still a decent amount of time ahead... sometime in 2019 if Giz and the rest of the creative team have calculated it correctly so that each strip can end/fade-out on a logical conclusion. So no worries yet. My only concern is that they do the characters & story justice, and not rush-job it. Ten years or so is quite an investment; go out well. Bigger & brighter pastures and 'paying' higher profile jobs I would imagine are the primary reasons; creating fresh content being another I would imagine as well.
Last edited by worldshaking00 on Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

No quotation marks required round paying. From what Giz has hinted, the Ma3 strips just don’t make very much money these days.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.