Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

02-08-18 That sounds like you

Post by Giz »

OllieOrOlly

Re: 02-08-18 That sounds like you

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Well, "ask and thou shalt receive," a pleasantly vanilla continuation of Gary and Peggy's sexual encounter!
While the *action* is mostly off-panel, the sense of passion is still quite strong. Erotic atmosphere, engaging character interaction, and some silly humour - more or less the best of Ma3 in a single update! :)

Static

Post by Static »

Gary got one hell of an O face. Dude reminds me of that Ricki Lindhome short film "Coming to Terms" from like 10 fuckin years ago.

It's nice to see Gary and Peggy so god damn functional all the time. Whatever the future of their relationship may hold, they're a nice hopeful spot in this tumultuous universe. The tenderness and understanding with which she deals with his admission and guilt and deeper problem of jealousy and conflicting desire, both through their conversation and the change in position, is interesting.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Given that I actually have this weird, kinky, incomprehensible liking for heterosexual missionary position intercourse between fully consenting attractive adults, I can't help finding this strip one of the most erotic that's ever appeared in Ma3. (I have to forget that Peggy is wearing a bra, but whatever.)

And given that, I have to admire it for delivering a whole load of clarification to the more perversely confused elements of the readership. In these four panels, we get:
  • Gary is admirably honest, but not insane.
  • Peggy is indeed the sensible, rational cast member, and still doesn't go off at stupid tangents at the drop of a hat (so long as she's sober, anyway).
  • Peggy saw her relationship with Jim as unhappy, and ending it, however dementedly, was the right thing to do. (Though I'd really love to see a panel of what's happened to him one day. He struck me as a nice guy, despite the thing with Peggy not working out, just a bit fixated -- and I can't blame him for not wanting to lose Peggy. One would like to think he got over that rather traumatic night.)
  • Gary and Peggy's sexual relationship isn't just about pegging, and includes some conventional, penis-in-vagina intercourse, which they both entirely enjoy.
  • Long-term, things are still open, but whatever happens to either of them, they'll be chill with it.
And it still manages to be sexy as hell!
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

sukebe senpai

Post by sukebe senpai »

Something else that enhances the eroticism of this strip is that both Gary and Peggy care for each other. A lot.
FIRRIB

Cabbagehut

Post by Cabbagehut »

Honestly, it's kind of nice to see something like this: I'm not exactly monogamous, but I'm not quite "poly", either. I do basically long-term FWB, where there's a lot of emotional engagement, a real friendship, and whatnot, but it's a friendship first and not a romantic relationship. There's no moving in together, getting married, etc., no moving towards anything more permanent. We all basically behave as if single, but with friends we really care about and also sleep with.

I don't need representation, necessarily, but it's kind of nice to see relationships that look a bit like my own, and not only the pairing-off, "ending up together" kinds of arrangements that are pretty common. I don't know if Peggy and Gary will remain like this, as it seems Gary might want something more traditional, but for now, it's nice to see FWB being actual friends and not just fuckbuddies.

christopheftw

Post by christopheftw »

This is so sweet!

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

I was thinking what would happen if Giz decided to go full "Oglaf" with the last couple of strips when prepping them for the book release (Peggy's top is sure to disappear, but no more than that). The explicit nature of the redraw would probably ruin the mood of the storyline.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Wow! It’s amazing what communication between two rational people can do.

Antinerd

Post by Antinerd »

Non-Dysfunctional conversation with Gary? Unpossible.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

brasca wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:53 pm
Wow! It’s amazing what communication between two rational people can do.
Amen!

Well, sorta what I thought might happen. I thought they'd talk after sex, but this is better. Sounds like the conversation will continue anyways post Gary O-face.

I wonder if Peggy thinks she has placed Gary into an "unhappy relationship" despite the two of them really liking each other? Peggy knows Gary wants something permanent and Peggy hasn't decided to change her own relationship status. She also knows Gary is infatuated with Zii. Sex, for Peggy, seems like a very unashamed natural affair. Remember how quick she was to have sex with relative strangers Sonya (to get some actual sleep in a bed from having long work hours) or Didi (to show Did how to orgasm)? To put it another way, Peggy knows sex is important but it isn't all important.

Also, her question "Do you understand me?" might be a little loaded. By prefacing asking Gary if he was jealous, she might be gauging Gary's devotion to her. She did say "like", not "love" or "care for" so her feelings for Gary haven't really changed positively or negatively. Or have they? Blowing up Panel 4 and focusing on Peggy's eye, it looks like her pupil is aimed down... not staring into Gary's eyes. She could be a little nervous at speaking 'directly' to Gary. Or she could be giving Gary 'permission' to leave their FWB relationship to pursue another woman on the best of terms... mid-coitus.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

TheFoolishOne

Post by TheFoolishOne »

wow, real face to *ah* face talking

meps98

Post by meps98 »

Gary is, at best, a FWB for the foreseeable future. That may be good enough for him for now.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Spidrift wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:03 am
Given that I actually have this weird, kinky, incomprehensible liking for heterosexual missionary position intercourse between fully consenting attractive adults, I can't help finding this strip one of the most erotic that's ever appeared in Ma3. (I have to forget that Peggy is wearing a bra, but whatever.)

And given that, I have to admire it for delivering a whole load of clarification to the more perversely confused elements of the readership. In these four panels, we get:
  • Gary is admirably honest, but not insane.
  • Peggy is indeed the sensible, rational cast member, and still doesn't go off at stupid tangents at the drop of a hat (so long as she's sober, anyway).
  • Peggy saw her relationship with Jim as unhappy, and ending it, however dementedly, was the right thing to do. (Though I'd really love to see a panel of what's happened to him one day. He struck me as a nice guy, despite the thing with Peggy not working out, just a bit fixated -- and I can't blame him for not wanting to lose Peggy. One would like to think he got over that rather traumatic night.)
  • Gary and Peggy's sexual relationship isn't just about pegging, and includes some conventional, penis-in-vagina intercourse, which they both entirely enjoy.
  • Long-term, things are still open, but whatever happens to either of them, they'll be chill with it.
And it still manages to be sexy as hell!
It's the eye contact, and the pair baring their souls in a very intimate moment that makes it sexy as Hell.

I can't recall a moment anywhere similar to this in the entire series; the others feeling almost clinical (Kiley giving Didi her first orgasm) or driven by lust (Zii and Didi hooking up).
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

TwoWayStar

Post by TwoWayStar »

i agree with everyone else. this feels like the top most intimate strips in the entire comic!