Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

31-07-18 I have to tell her

Post by Giz »

jish55

Re: 31-07-18 I have to tell her

Post by jish55 »

FINALLY, glad to see Gary back, and even more glad to see him come up front and admit what happened. I hope this will lead to them discussing things and him admitting how he feels about them, to where she can understand (especially since it was somewhat an accident since he didn't even plan on it, he just bumped into her on her date).

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Gary telling the truth better late than never!
The week montage was quite beautiful overall, as it showed how Gary and Peggy function really well together and seem to enjoy each other's company; perhaps the truth bomb will ruin it, but Peggy doesn't seem like a person to hold grudges over anything, so it would be likely that she would forgive the transgression (besides, straight guys that enjoy getting pegged would be a hell of a rarity. Aha). If their relationship *has* to break apart, it'd be more like for Gary to bail because of guilty conscience, even if Peggy wouldn't be overly fussed about it - hell, her previous sexual encounter resulted in a spy thriller-esque shootout, thereby Gary inadvertently spying for a short time is nothing in comparison.

Gorgeous art as ever; I appreciate the little details, such as the daily wardrobe changes and the really cute, relaxed gaming and reading of panel 3. Peggy is stunning as ever and her subtle facial expressions are perfect. The nuance of guilt in Gary's eyes is really well done, too.
While it is and was a certainty that Gary would confess the brief stalking during a sex thing, it'd be preferable if it was during a more, well, vanilla sequence, albeit the panel 4 event is quite in-character and coninuity for the duo.

jish55

Post by jish55 »

OllieOrOlly: Honestly, I don't see her ending their relationship over this, even though she may get pissed at first. The reason for this is due to how Gary didn't intentionally spy on her (as he just bumped into her on the street by accident during her date, and due to his friends, pushed him to spy). I can see her listening and finding out his feelings, which could lead to either her saying she's not interested in anything serious (I hope not, because as you said, they work well together and enjoy each other's company), or that it does lead to an actual relationship and them becoming exclusive, or having a relationship that includes threesomes.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Giz wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:03 am
SDB will return!
*Grumble Grumble* It had better.

I'm not going to comment on this strip for now, because the sudden switch bugs me to the point where I can't focus on what's happening here. I knew that things would be switching back to Ma3 soon, and fair enough, there's plots and interesting characters to deal with there. But that last SDB scene didn't even end on a proper cliffhanger; it was just frikkin' dropped in the middle of a bunch of stuff happening. We don't get any explanation of Ruby's claim that she owes Amber so much, we don't find out how she's planning to resolve the Andy problem, we don't see if Amber is offering more help or if Ruby is determined to solve this for herself -- we've just got Andy unexplained, Ruby feeling frustrated, and Amber starting on fixing her problem with Ruby but not having got very far. It's like somebody just turned the camera off and the actors went off for dinner.

And as a result, while I generally quite like the Gary/Peggy plot, I'm now just annoyed by it. Hey ho.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

...how the heck did their last conversation end without her realizing that?

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Comedy.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

TheFoolishOne

Post by TheFoolishOne »

WHAAAAAAT?!, I thot SDB would be till today and Ma3 would start Thur :(

brasca

Post by brasca »

Spidrift wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:44 am
Giz wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:03 am
SDB will return!
*Grumble Grumble* It had better.

I'm not going to comment on this strip for now, because the sudden switch bugs me to the point where I can't focus on what's happening here. I knew that things would be switching back to Ma3 soon, and fair enough, there's plots and interesting characters to deal with there. But that last SDB scene didn't even end on a proper cliffhanger; it was just frikkin' dropped in the middle of a bunch of stuff happening. We don't get any explanation of Ruby's claim that she owes Amber so much, we don't find out how she's planning to resolve the Andy problem, we don't see if Amber is offering more help or if Ruby is determined to solve this for herself -- we've just got Andy unexplained, Ruby feeling frustrated, and Amber starting on fixing her problem with Ruby but not having got very far. It's like somebody just turned the camera off and the actors went off for dinner.
As much as I was hoping that Menage a 3's August return would start Saturday or next Tuesday it makes sense to start hiatus on after a modest breakthrough. And we got a modest amount of development for July. While I'm saddened to see Sticky Dilly Buns go on a break again at least it'll be be back in the fall... I hope :-ss
Storm-forge mystique wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:58 am
...how the heck did their last conversation end without her realizing that?
Peggy might've really wanted that Double Wow strap-on.

I don't know why this secret should be eating away at Gary. It was an accident and if she asked how he knew she was with a woman he could say it was a 50/50 chance and it's hotter to imagine her with another woman which is true. ;)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Gary has always had an old-fashioned, slightly confused but admirable respect for women. Remember him dumping his Amber-Amber collection on Amber. He clearly respects Peggy, and that makes lying to her feel crappy. Even if it isn’t.

And they have fallen into domestic coupledom. Just like Kiley and Matt did, in a very similar way.
---------
Spidrift

Lokitsu

Post by Lokitsu »

Which worries me. The other two visibly romantic couples (Matt and Kiley, Zii and Erik) blew up disastrously. Apparently only shallow sexual relationships survive.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

But this and what Matt and Kiley had isn’t romantic. It’s slipping into cosy domesticity. Which is a great basis for sustaining a stable long-term relationship if you can get there, and can certainly be combined with romantic love, but isn’t itself much of a sign of love. Just the absence of hate.
---------
Spidrift

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

As much as I hate to admit it, Peggy & Gary's interactions are just illustrating how comfortable they are with one another. While they are spending time with each other, it isn't particularly romantic (until Panel 4 of course, and even that is debatable). As roommates, it makes sense to go shopping together to plan meals for the week ahead, as well as having an extra set of hands to carry groceries home. I am pretty sure neither of them own an automobile to help ferry them too. It is nice to see how they have grown used to the other; sorta hard not to considering how often he winds up in her bed, I suppose. I hope that they have another pillow talk discussion after their pegging session, wherein Gary reveals all. I don't think either of them have to give up their FWB relationship after, but Gary telling Peggy that he has even deeper pangs for a permanent relationship might stir things up. If he reveals his feelings & SGR-kissing with Zii to Peggy, that might skew things. But Peggy already knows he is infatuated with Zii, so the revelation might help her offer continued advice... or have her reevaluate her own lifestyle and determine if Gary is meant to remain. Hard to say. I agree with everyone that Peggy wouldn't dump Gary over his accidental spying; he has a thing for lesbians, remember? He was powerless, plus, he has genuine feelings for Peggy even if it might not lead to his ideal end-game companionship. Maybe Peggy will come out and say to Gary that she never wants to see Bianca again over the incident. Maybe it will have her realize how nice Gary is, or, that she might do well cementing another relationship period (even if not with Gary)?

I'm also curious how Peggy is coping with the assassination attempt. Obviously it isn't bothering her too much, considering she can make coherent breakfast cereal shopping choices. Will we hear any more for Bianca? I realize that the whole spy-arc was meant as a gag about how exciting a night one can have, but getting shot at and rescuing a would-be murderer's life isn't small potatoes. Granted, she is a trained medical professional. But still... nerves of steel that one.

I am also curious how "in stride" Gary is taking his life right now, after receiving the "longing look" from Zii. Lita apparently doesn't mind Peggy's presence. Maybe she knows something we don't? Zii has apparently been preoccupied (off-panel).

Lastly, I got the impression that Didi's debut match was to occur imminently. In addition, she was supposed to sign her WW3 contract. Did that fall through with the events that happened at the hotel? And where does that put Zii & Didi. Didi & Zii wasn't seen in the panels of this strip, even in the background. Has Zii resigned herself to continuing the relationship-building with Didi? Is Zii consoling Didi? Tangentially, how is Maura reacting to having sex with Annie/Lynn? What was Lynn's kink? Has Maura told Tess? How is Tess reacting to Maura's one-nighter?

So much to get back to. After the events of the last Ma3 concurrent storylines running (mostly) chronological, it was a little weird to get back to the week-long snapshot of Peggy & Gary's domestication... without interruption from Zii, Didi, or other wacky hijinks. I understand why the layout is as it was made. It just strikes me as a little odd that Zii & Didi had no drama spill over to the other two roomates.

Thanks for the SDB insertion. It was nice to see the gang again, especially the two sisters bond. Whether Andy is just overly polite, clueless, unsure of his sexual prowess, or asexual... it helps to set up potential crossings over between SDB & Ma3. I am really looking forward to see how Angel's band's success bleeds over into SDB, although I am unsure how long it may last considering Yuki might be going overseas with Matt and Sonya might not have enough of a reason to stay with Angel if she doesn't get continued excitement/gratification/drama. Sonya does look an awful lot like Jerzy (yes, I've seen the gender-bending strips too). Maybe Sonya and Angel, two drama queens, are meant to pair off?
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I fear that trying to keep track of time passing in these comics is a fool's errand; I don't believe that the writers are paying any significant attention to the subject.
---------
Spidrift

Quinlan1973

Post by Quinlan1973 »

Oh Gary, your timing, as usual, is flawless.