26-07-18 SDB-Just a kitten

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

corwinargentus

Re: 26-07-18 SDB-Just a kitten

Post by corwinargentus »

Just gonna throw this out there. There are plenty of people who enjoy sex a great deal with very little emotional involvement. Lust is a craving, a physical excitement, not so much of an emotion per se. Many people have fuck buddies they care very little about other than getting along with them well enough to work off sexual tension together. Of course there’s a whole spectrum of emotional involvement from none to full-on making-love type fucking. This is why guys and gals can look at an attractive person and have an erection and want that person sexually without knowing anything about their personality or if they would get along or if they would even like each other.

That is why they call it “animal desire” in many cases. To those who just want sex, all many are looking for is to get off with a person that makes blood pound in their genitalia either because of looks or sexy attitude or actions. I feel no emotion but mild disdain for Didi but were she to offer to jump in bed with me I would probably see my way clear to giving it a swing. I would be glad to give it a try to get her off... ^_^

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Uh, yeah. And the relevance to this strip is?
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Giz
Site Admin

Post by Giz »

Spidrift wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:18 am
Oh yeah, link broken again. Needs an http:// prefix -- http://www.ma3comic.com/strips-ma3/sdb-just-a-kitten/
Fixed. I don't get why this forum automatically adds a forum link before the link if I don't put "http://" in front of it. So weird. I'll try and remember... each. friggin'. time. Ugh!

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

Still enjoying the sisterly love Amber is giving (through Minew) to Ruby, although I would have preferred Ruby to divorce herself of talking through Minew back to Amber at the end of the conversation. If that is the end of the conversation, that is. Amber's expression is typical comedy, but it was still enjoyable to me.

Google is a useful tool, no doubt. Not that I am going to go into a lengthy research on why a male would not want to bang Ruby; 'asexuality' is plausible. There might be other reasons. I'm expecting there to be another reason why Andy isn't leaping at the opportunity to get intimate with Ruby, and Google/Amber's possible explanation will backfire and blow up in Ruby's face... further embarrassing her. This potential revelation certainly makes Ruby happier, in that 'the problem' is not with her. Or at least, it appears as such. Dinner and discussion sounds like the best way to resolve this problem for Ruby. I hate to sound like a broken record, but that seems to be my answer... nay THE answer... to many of the Ma3-verse rom-com situations.

I would like for Amber and Ruby to at least hug before the next installment of this comic. I realize Ruby is uptight, but Amber really is trying to be there for her little sister now. It would be well received.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

tanonev

Post by tanonev »

Spidrift wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:22 pm
Apart from anything else, from a male point of view, to put this bluntly -- if one can get an erection, reasonably reliably, I take that as proof that one does want sex.
There are some distressing stories around morning wood and being "made to penetrate" (raped) that suggest otherwise (person A gets an erection while sleeping, person B interprets that as desire and rides it, person A wakes up).

Having a sex drive and having attraction are two separate things. They frequently appear together, but that doesn't mean they have to; I have an ace trans male acquaintance who experienced a sex drive spike while starting T and was really upset because he was suddenly horny and had absolutely no idea what to do about it, since he still wasn't attracted to anyone.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

worldshaking00 wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:05 am
This potential revelation certainly makes Ruby happier, in that 'the problem' is not with her. Or at least, it appears as such.
Honestly — the bit where Ruby was wearing a short, lowish-cut, black dress while dropping flirtatious dialogue about “dessert”? That was about as blatant as any woman could get who didn’t want to risk being thought tacky. And Ruby seemed to be playing it well enough; any other female character in these comics might well use something similar and expect to make her point. (Hell, some of the male characters could use it.) It really did show that the problem was with Andy.

Of course, Ruby being new to the game, she couldn’t be sure of that, and being insecure, she worried that the problem was with her. (All of which frankly makes Andy a bit of a plonker for making the poor girl feel so bad.) But now, she’s run the problem past a bunch of more sexually experienced people, who’ve been able to reassure her (thus also establishing that she’s built up the kind of social support network that she needs these days), and she can turn things around and go looking for solutions in the right place, instead of driving herself nuts trying to fix what ain’t broke. Asexuality might be right or wrong, but it’s a reasonable first guess.
tanonev wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:57 am
There are some distressing stories around morning wood and being "made to penetrate" (raped) that suggest otherwise (person A gets an erection while sleeping, person B interprets that as desire and rides it, person A wakes up).
Well, yes, and for that matter I gather that there are some rather horrific possibilities involving tourniquets. But we’re not talking about anyone exploiting morning wood here; we’re talking about a hypothetical situation in which a guy voluntarily goes to bed with someone, gets a conventional hard-on, and engages in conventional intercourse. At that point, I find it hard to say that the guy doesn’t feel desire for the other person. They might feel bad afterwards for emotional reasons, or not be in a rush to repeat the experience, but if someone engages in voluntary consensual sex (and presumably reaches orgasm), I don’t see how they can be called asexual.

(At which point, “Why not try it? You might like it!” becones a reasonable thing to say.)

Hmm. If Ruby concludes that Andy is ace, but doesn’t want to hurt him by dumping him or go through the sordid hassle of finding casual pick-ups, is her next move to ask Minew where a kitten would go to acquire a good BOB?
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Minew: "Mommy, I wouldn't know. You had me neutered so I wouldn't stink up the place."

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Oh, I’d never actually go to a cat for sex advice. I know too much about their sex lives when they aren’t neutered. (Even Andy isn’t that unappealing a boyfriend. He doesn’t have spikes on his penis. I assume.)
---------
Spidrift

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Yikes, yeah, the spikes.
I recall they're necessary to trigger ovulation, but still.
>.< Not a fun concept.