brasca

Re: 12-07-18 SDB-Need to talk to somebody

Post by brasca »

KittyHat wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:52 am
brasca wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:21 pm
We all have blind spots.
How is that excuse any different from saying exactly the same thing in defense of DiDi?

Sorry, I don't buy it. Ruby is just dumb. Maybe she's not DiDi dumb, but I could never consider someone with her track record to be anywhere near bright. Worse, she badly overestimates herself in that area.
With DiDi it's more willful ignorance. Kiley figured out what her problem was, but DiDi never listened. And this can't be blamed on a language barrier since I'm sure Kiley would've hired a translator to get out of the situation she was in.

The example you provide is one where Ruby was wearing a skirt that unbeknownst to her was giving her professor and possibly others quite the eyeful. Given that Ruby didn't have any friends in high school or a sister to turn to she was especially ignorant of fashion dos and don'ts. Because she prizes academics she respects and values the opinions of teachers and professors like Conried so when she made the suggestion that she wear a skirt like that it never occurred to her it was so she could get a good look at what up it. She was blinded by respect. However, when Dillon brings this to her attention and she thinks it over she realizes he was right and takes corrective action. And this in no way makes Dillon smarter since he was still under the delusion that he could turn straight men gay until she explained how they were on the down low and using him. Dillon was blinded by vanity.

Dillon had his blinders and so did Ruby and it can affect smart and stupid people. Moreover, Ruby is in her early 20s, fresh out of school and out of her element. I'd say she's done remarkably well for herself.

TheFoolishOne

Post by TheFoolishOne »

Oh Jung! you stud you :) <3

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

Did anyone notice Gary?

I know it's a small cameo, but what if it's a hint? Maybe i'm overthinking this.
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Wrong thread. If you look on the right one, you’ll find that the answer is “Yes”.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

Dammit! I didn't look at the date, I just clicked on the latest thread...
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...