10-07-18 SDB-He is scared

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

rogermart

Re: 10-07-18 SDB-He is scared

Post by rogermart »

OllieOrOlly wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:19 am
Definition of "respectable" is tenuous at best in Ma3-verse. :))

Other than Dillon, there doesn't seem like there'd be anyone Ruby would be comfortable enough to talk about her relationship worries; maybe her fellow yaoi fan-(trans)girl?
If you're talking about Ramona, she is not trans, transgenders identify themselves as the opposite of the sex they have assigned at birth.

Ramona on the other hand has the female phenotype since birth, but genetically she is XY (genetic male), her phenotype is female because she doesn't produce androgenic hormones. It's a condition similar to CAIS (Complete Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome), so she is not trans, she is Intersex (People whose genetic-phenotype are not exactly XY-Man and XX-Woman).
Last edited by rogermart on Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

brasca

Post by brasca »

I wonder if in Ruby’s motorcycle fantasy she pictures herself as Rudy.

Maybe that’s the key to overcoming this problem in the short term.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

It might be if Andy hadn’t projected even less homosexual interest than heterosexual. If that’s possible.

(I mean, what IS up with Andy? I’d be guessing heteroromantic asexuality, if he hadn’t expressed a vague willingness to do sex stuff with Ruby a couple of times when he thought that was what she wanted. Being dim-witted doesn’t usually imply sexlessness, but he doesn’t seem to exhibit even the faintest twinge of active interest in Ruby. I do wonder if he is indeed scared — of sexuality, of course — very deep down, and has that horrendously repressed. Or maybe DiDi or Zii nabbed him once and ruined him for other women.)

Anyhow, Ruby’s motorcycle fantasy would of course have her dressed as a member of the cast of CHiPs. She tends to consistency, that girl. The only reason I can think of for Rudy coming out again is Ruby losing her rag at Amber and screaming at her “You’re so stupid you can’t even recognise your own sister!”, and proving it.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Regardless I think Rudy would ruin Andy for other men and possibly women.

crimzontearz

Post by crimzontearz »

Sigh....just when I thought I could not dislike her any less

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

By the way, points to Ruby for realism in her fantasy; I think she’s going to have to use Andy like a big, beautiful, mindless machine. Can anyone imagine him showing any initiative in bed?
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

rogermart wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:59 pm
Ramona on the other hand has the female phenotype since birth, but genetically she is XY (genetic male), her phenotype is female because she doesn't produce androgenic hormones. It's a condition similar to CAIS (Complete Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome), so she is not trans, she is Intersex (People whose genetic-phenotype are not exactly XY-Man and XX-Woman).
Yeah, even that wicked transphobic asshole back when went out of his way to stress he wasn't talking about ("hot" #-o ) women with CAIS.

corwinargentus

Post by corwinargentus »

crimzontearz wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:39 am
Careful of your double negatives. What you said means you could not like her more. What I believe you meant to say is, “...just when I thought I could not dislike her any more.” In other words, you CAN dislike her more. ^_^

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

Spidrift wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:55 pm
Anyhow, Ruby’s motorcycle fantasy would of course have her dressed as a member of the cast of CHiPs.
Seriously. I will pay $100 to the person who comes up with Giz-level art of Ruby in uniform on the bike.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

KittyHat

Post by KittyHat »

I don't ... honestly care what Ruby does or with whom, as long as she does it quickly and then gets back out of the comic. As far as characters I could stand to never see again, Ruby is a shoo-in for my top three. She's incredibly obnoxious without making it remotely amusing.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

lordoffiling wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:37 pm
Spidrift wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:55 pm
Anyhow, Ruby’s motorcycle fantasy would of course have her dressed as a member of the cast of CHiPs.
Seriously. I will pay $100 to the person who comes up with Giz-level art of Ruby in uniform on the bike.
I don’t know what Giz’s rates are, but $100 makes it sound like it’d be worth asking her.
---------
Spidrift

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

True, if I want Giz's style, I rather go with Giz herself, and $100 sounds within range, but i don't know.
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Can’t hurt to ask. Giz regularly does some very nice sketches at conventions, presumably for reasonable rates.

The snag, though, would be that a CHiPs “uniform” probably has to feature helmet, goggles, and baggy shirt or jacket, which would make it quite hard to recognise Ruby. You might have to replace the bike with, um, Andy.
---------
Spidrift

crimzontearz

Post by crimzontearz »

corwinargentus wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:45 am
crimzontearz wrote:
Careful of your double negatives. What you said means you could not like her more. What I believe you meant to say is, “...just when I thought I could not dislike her any more.” In other words, you CAN dislike her more. ^_^
Whoops...my bad

KittyHat

Post by KittyHat »

crimzontearz wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:16 pm
corwinargentus wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:45 am
crimzontearz wrote:
Whoops...my bad
Totes with you on your intended sentiment, though.