Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

28-06-18 SDB-Zie

Post by Giz »

Cortez

Re: 28-06-18 SDB-Zie

Post by Cortez »

So this is after Zii saw Angel kissing that other dude.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Retroactive vindication is a bit of a pet peeve of mine - "oh, it's okay he was a unscrupulous cheater, 'cos [indeterminate pronoun] was also a cheater but worse."
.... With whom did Angel cheat? I recall Sonya kissing them, but she initiated it and nothing suggested it went further than that.

Regardless, it is nice to see Ruby again (technically again again, but I digress). While we don't expect the comic to have many if any "chaste" characters, her innocent if enthusiastic curiosity about sex is a nice change of pace from the usual uncontrollable horn-dogs.

Lokitsu

Post by Lokitsu »

I never considered the possible complications of Suzi's nickname and I've known about the pronoun for years. Well played guys! :-bd

Patton
Location: Terran Empire, California Province, Earldom of Orange

Post by Patton »

Ah Dillon. Always concerned about the wellbeing of others. 😆
The antediluvian kings colonized the world
All the Gods who play in the mythological dramas
In all legends from all lands were from far Atlantis

Donovan, Atlantis (1968)

Mandy

Post by Mandy »

OllieOrOlly wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:22 am
.... With whom did Angel cheat? I recall Sonya kissing them, but she initiated it and nothing suggested it went further than that.
http://www.stickydillybuns.com/strips-sdb/Great_company

Presumably, the Zie/Zii question in the last panel is setting up that Zii saw Angel kissing Richie and passed the info along.

Simultaneous cheating doesn't leave for a single victim so one can't properly feel bad for either person in the relationship... Also, if both parties start cheating in a relationship, the relationship probably had something serious wrong with it to begin with. --I'm not saying that simultaneous cheating makes a person not a cheater; it just changes the dynamic a bit. As in, Matt cheating on Dillon is seen as worse by the audience, because there is a clear victim.

Oh Ruby ❤. It's a little sad to be reminded of all the little story details that we don't get to see unfurl organically, but I'm glad to see the SDB crew return either way though.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Yep, this is why some of us loved Ruby. Inexperienced and can't deny it, but modern enough to use Google to fill the gaps in her knowledge (making her, in many ways that most old-fashioned personality in the setting, ironically the only one with a plausible 21st century relationship with the Internet). Possesses a working moral sense, but tries to get things right before cutting loose. My kind of people.

And it looks like whatever happened between her and Andy was complicated and emotionally difficult enough that she's uncomfortable talking about it to Dillon. So we probably won't learn the facts until whenever. Oh well.

And this conversation also seems to be setting up for Ruby finally to learn of and understand the way that Zii is entangled in some of the other nonsense in which her friends and acquaintances indulge. This could be interesting, because her friendship with Zii always compartmentalised out things like Zii's history with Amber. As it was Zii who distracted Amber at precisely the time when Ruby needed a cool big sister, and Ruby has never forgiven Amber for that, I always found that weird. Learning that Zii basically broke up Angel and Jerzy might push her into some hard thinking. Or just harsh judgementalism, if she's not at her best.

Oh, and we get a demonstration of typical Ma3 thinking here from Dillon. Two Days indeed...
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Pier777

Post by Pier777 »

Hey already they kind of are talking like normal people. Or at least less like MenageA3 people. I was surprised there was some explanation of "zie" and "zii" right away, I expected the confusion to last another 10 strips :D.

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

I'm thinking Ruby did not go all the way with Andy but I could be wrong.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Cortez wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:14 am
Apparently so and all the more satisfying when zie poached Zii’s band. Really for the best because even if Angel didn’t cheat Jerzy did so it would was never going to work out.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

samtheman wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:33 pm
I'm thinking Ruby did not go all the way with Andy but I could be wrong.
All we know is that she isn’t talking about what happened. Now, she’s a private sort of person, so this is quite compatible with her and Andy having moderately satisfactory missionary-position sex after a brief discussion — but, okay, probably not. On the other hand, whatever the confusion was over Andy’s use of the phrase “the next level”, Ruby will probably find it embarrassing, because she’s Ruby, so it could be they just spent a lot of time sorting that out, and then had sex. Who knows?

My own guess is that Andy meant something like introducing her to his mother, and that they did that instead. But even if that’s right, Ruby’s reactions to her initial interpretation of the words suggests to me that, virginal nervousness notwithstanding, she really quite likes the idea. So I suspect that Andy will get pinned to a bed and debagged sooner or later.

Or maybe Andy was so shocked that he dumped her, and she’s now punch-the-wall frustrated and about to go off in search of Matt.

But we just don’t know. And a gentleman really doesn’t ask.
brasca wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:41 pm
Cortez wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:14 am
Apparently so and all the more satisfying when zie poached Zii’s band.
Time in these comics is now a total mess, but if Zii did blow the gaff to Jerzy, it was probably just before her old band imploded.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Angel already had a nice grudge going, but breaking up zie and Jerzy sure didn’t make things better. The day Sonya walked in desert was served.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

So, a kiss without context, to Jerzy, means to cheat? :p We already knew Dillion was a terrible when it came to dating and such, and hopefully Ruby will tell him as such.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Well, we don’t know what was communicated, and how, to whom. But sure, Dillon is going to put the worst possible gloss on Angel’s actions.
---------
Spidrift

brasca

Post by brasca »

JoybuzzerX wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:48 pm
So, a kiss without context, to Jerzy, means to cheat? :p We already knew Dillion was a terrible when it came to dating and such, and hopefully Ruby will tell him as such.
Angel should’ve told Jerzy zie was going to dinner with a coworker, but what he did was worse and probably projected his own infidelity on Angel.

Too bad it ended the way it did, but I think Richie is better for Angel anyway.