21-06-18 Are we interrupting something

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

JoybuzzerX

Re: 21-06-18 Are we interrupting something

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Spidrift wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:29 pm
More subtly; Zii wants the idea of DiDi — the ultimate prize, the perfect sex object. She wants the reality of Gary — the one guy who complements her, the potential lover who’s also a friend.

This “idiot ideal vs. sane reality” clash is hardly new. And the downer ending (where the protagonist fails to let go of the foolish idealism) is fairly common in tragedy, while the happy ending (where she recognises sane reality at the very last minute, and probably rushes across town carrying a ghetto blaster) is a howling cliché of romcoms. So let’s see where this goes.
Well of course. Gary is still the geek. He's not the eye candy prize that Didi is. Zii wants the eye candy prize. She always has. Likely part of her rocker personality, that says "I want hotness over something real."

Not that I don't agree in part with that. No one wants to be with someone they find ugly. Which is exactly how I feel Zii has seen Gary this whole time. Zii saw Didi and went "Goddess!" she saw Gary and went "Ugly loser."

And really, I don't see why Gary would want to be with someone who considers him ugly. "You're ugly, but I love your personality!" :p

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

Spidrift wrote:
More subtly; Zii wants the idea of DiDi — the ultimate prize, the perfect sex object. She wants the reality of Gary — the one guy who complements her, the potential lover who’s also a friend.

This “idiot ideal vs. sane reality” clash is hardly new. And the downer ending (where the protagonist fails to let go of the foolish idealism) is fairly common in tragedy, while the happy ending (where she recognises sane reality at the very last minute, and probably rushes across town carrying a ghetto blaster) is a howling cliché of romcoms. So let’s see where this goes.
I bet on the latter, because after all, Ma3's description in the main page is this:

That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

Varanus

Post by Varanus »

JoybuzzerX wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:36 pm
Not that I don't agree in part with that. No one wants to be with someone they find ugly. Which is exactly how I feel Zii has seen Gary this whole time. Zii saw Didi and went "Goddess!" she saw Gary and went "Ugly loser."

And really, I don't see why Gary would want to be with someone who considers him ugly. "You're ugly, but I love your personality!" :p
Really? I don't recall Zii ever remarking on disliking anything about Gary's physical appearance, let alone thinking he's ugly. She defined him more by his interests and personality than his appearance (which by most definitions is fairly handsome actually).

<><><>

Also, given how quickly her libido dried up, I question if Zii actually wants Didi as much as she thought she did.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

No, Zii has never described Gary as ugly. She started by seeing him as in need of a better wardrobe, but even then she had a passing curiosity about his “star power”, and she acknowledged that he scrubbed up rather nicely some time back.

She sees him as uncool, a hopeless geek, and she has him classed as a kid brother figure — but all that just generates clashes with her opinion of his sexual attractiveness, which was never zero and which has been growing on her.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

leann123

Post by leann123 »

Spidrift wrote:

Yeah, while Zii might lust after Didi, she doesn't love her. If anything, deep down she loves Gary because he's the one person who she can open up to.

I doubt it will be a race across town ending, but I think Zii is gonna realize she would rather be in a relationship with Gary.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

The question becomes, though... who will wind up stuck with Mlle. Chastel?

sukebe senpai

Post by sukebe senpai »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I recall Zii commenting favorably on Gary's posterior.

Now, on to the other matters at hand:

I believe that Zii will stay focused on DiDi, but I'm not sure at all what will become of them. DiDi is the definition of the one-dimensional, shallow character who has the personality of a coat hanger, the intelligence of a USB cable and doesn't understand anything besides her orgasm obsession and, to be honest, I think one would be a fool to think women in real life are anything like her. Zii, on the other hand, is infatuated by the ideal that she believes DiDi represents, and, as much as she sometimes appreciates and desires the non-sexual element of a relationship, she goes weak in the knees at the sight of DiDi.

As for Gary and Peggy: I do remember that Peggy was in a serious relationship with someone who didn't want to eat her. Having dumped him, she went into "non-serious" mode, possibly as a rebound method. Perhaps she'll consider a relationship with Gary, as they're nice to and for each other. They care for each other, they appreciate and respect each other, they have great sex together. So, if I were Peggy, I'd say "why not?". Of course, that would require a setting where Gary and Peggy talk it over and both feel the same way. Is that realistic? Could be, especially in light of what happened with Peggy's disastrous date...

Alternatively, a latex-clad, strapon-toting Eulice could barge in, claiming Gary for herself...
FIRRIB

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

I agree that in theory, Peggy & Gary make a decent Ma3 couple. They definitely respect one another and are quite comfortable with the other (both in and outside of the bedroom). I shipped them. Peggy would have to exit her FWB style and start to consider someone - anyone - as a serious partner. Why not Gary? Some would say he's still not her caliber of partner. The more that Gary grows though, the weaker that argument gets.

But in reality, it seems that Gary has given up on Peggy as a serious partner... at least for now. Alot depends on how easily Peggy can come out of shock over the evening she had to endure (indeed, if she is even in shock... nerves of steel, that woman), if Bianca's callousness towards the assassins was an unforgivable sin demanding Peggy to never want to see her again, and if out of that she discovers or realizes how precious Gary is. If she thinks that way at all towards him. The question Peggy has to ask herself isn't "Why not (Gary)?" but rather, "Why (Gary?)". Peggy might be prone to a flight of fancy from time-to-time, or out of necessity/desperation (girl's gotta get her sleep in after all those long shifts); but in general, she doesn't place herself in a bad situation. Comedy hijinks and rogue assassination attempts aside, she is probably the most level-headed character (interacting on a sexual level with the main cast of characters.) If she gets the desire to get serious again with a partner, she won't want to get hurt ala her previous fiance. I'm sure she realizes Gary would be safe, but would he be right considering the living arrangements and what he has confided in her with.

Gary wants his one trist with Zii at least, although I don't know what he'd do with her after that... he probably doesn't either. Nekomimi maybe? I think neither of them do, hence the one-and-done mentality of their 'teaching the Swirly down there/Blow me!' dialogue. That, and the comedy ensuing from the pair acting confused but horny for the other.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

“Confused” is probably the key word with both those two for now.
sukebe senpai wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:06 am
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I recall Zii commenting favorably on Gary's posterior.
It’s worth remembering that Zii has said that Gary is like a brother to her. And the world is doubtless full of sisters who’ll happily say that their brothers are good-looking (and maybe even fight any skank who says otherwise), and even specify that said brothers have cute butts, but who really, really wouldn’t want to break the incest taboo.

The issue with Zii is adjusting that perspective and remembering that “brother” is just a simile here.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

KichiMiangra

Post by KichiMiangra »

Okay folks! It's time to cast your vote!

The comic is going to end on:

[ ] A 'Not' ending/a 'The story goes on' ending
[ ] Didi having some character development and works things out with Zii. Gary formally gets together with Peggy.
[ ] Zii breaking up with Didi and moves on to Gary. Didi may or may not develop as a character.
[ ] Peggy leaving the plot, Didi/Zii's relationship becomes open exclusively to Gary, making it sexually and emotionally satisfying to all parties and ending the story with its title: A Menage a Trois.
[ ] Zii and Didi move out and Gary gets 2 new roommates: 'Not!Zii' and 'Not!Didi' and "The story continues with a new cast."
[ ] Gary and Didi falling down the stairs, bonk their heads and wake up in the others body. Didi is no longer so hard to give an O to; so much so she can even pleasure herself and doesn't NEED to care about the emotional well being of a partner, Gary is now both Physically and Emotionally Ziis ideal partner, and Gary can be together with Zii while Didi sits in the other room with a box of tissues.

:ymparty: :-bd CAST YOUR VOTE NOW! :-bd :ymparty:

leann123

Post by leann123 »

KichiMiangra wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:49 pm
Okay folks! It's time to cast your vote!

The comic is going to end on:

[ ] A 'Not' ending/a 'The story goes on' ending
[ ] Didi having some character development and works things out with Zii. Gary formally gets together with Peggy.
[ ] Zii breaking up with Didi and moves on to Gary. Didi may or may not develop as a character.
[ ] Peggy leaving the plot, Didi/Zii's relationship becomes open exclusively to Gary, making it sexually and emotionally satisfying to all parties and ending the story with its title: A Menage a Trois.
[ ] Zii and Didi move out and Gary gets 2 new roommates: 'Not!Zii' and 'Not!Didi' and "The story continues with a new cast."
[ ] Gary and Didi falling down the stairs, bonk their heads and wake up in the others body. Didi is no longer so hard to give an O to; so much so she can even pleasure herself and doesn't NEED to care about the emotional well being of a partner, Gary is now both Physically and Emotionally Ziis ideal partner, and Gary can be together with Zii while Didi sits in the other room with a box of tissues.

:ymparty: :-bd CAST YOUR VOTE NOW! :-bd :ymparty:
[x] Zii breaking up with Didi and moves on to Gary. Didi may or may not develop as a character.
[x] Peggy leaving the plot, Didi/Zii's relationship becomes open exclusively to Gary, making it sexually and emotionally satisfying to all parties and ending the story with its title: A Menage a Trois

I can see either of these happening.