14-06-18 A gift

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

worldshaking00

Re: 14-06-18 A gift

Post by worldshaking00 »

True. The creative team could use that old promise to create a bonding moment, I reckon. Or not.

Perhaps there will be a line for the shower once Didi & Peggy get back home. Fortunately there should be plenty of hot water, since Zii is in need of a cold shower.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

Gotta say, though, we already (sort of) knew this, but Didi is really taking it in stride.

Collarnorcrown

Post by Collarnorcrown »

Does it really count as cold hearted when the person bleeding out was very actively trying to kill you just moments before? And his mates may well still be trying to kill you?
"The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything."
Friedrich Nietzsche

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Uh, yes?

Peggy is a nurse, and she works in a peaceful city, not a warzone. We’ve seen before that she takes her duty to preserve life very seriously (even when she’s drunk). So she’s got the civilised perspective on this; a human life is a human life. Walking away without even looking back when you could save a life is simply wrong. If circumstances make it impossible, okay, but you don’t assume that and you don’t treat is casually.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Spidrift wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:08 am
Don Alexander wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:20 am
Essentially, it says that each possible outcome of a quantum process occurs, but in each case an entirely new universe is created.
“The number of parallel worlds is uncountably infinite - infinite like the real numbers, not merely like the integers.”
— Greg Egan, “The Infinite Assassin”. Which I thoroughly recommend, especially to Don.

Hmm. Perhaps Bianca is an Egan-esque infinite assassin, stable across all possible versions of reality and seeking to stabilise the current situation, by any means necessary.
brasca wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:42 am
Admittedly the spy caper is a bit of a stretch, but if the ill fated assassin died a cleaner would take care of the corpse and if he lived then Bianca's people would arrest him and take care of all the police reports.
If there’s one thing I learned from a certain movie, it’s that you do NOT want to be an inconvenient loose end when the Cleaner is sent in.
I doubt espionage in Canada is so extreme that witnesses are eliminated.
OldBrit wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:58 am
brasca wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:42 am
... if he lived then Bianca's people would arrest him and take care of all the police reports.
Depends on who Bianca's people are. If they're the opposition they may not have arrest powers, or clean-up powers.
True we don't know if Bianca works for the government or some opposition agency, but considering Peggy hasn't been detained or silenced I'll assume they aren't particularly ruthless and like I previously stated I doubt the Canadian government is that extreme.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Ah, so, when RCMP Intelligence sends in the cleaner, he comes round and ... cleans the place. Politely. And says please and thank-you.

Would have made that movie sooooo different.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

He rides up on a horse and uses a beaver as a mop, indeed.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Lokitsu

Post by Lokitsu »

I'm pretty sure that if you shove a wooden pole into a beaver that you're going to need a good lawyer.