12-06-18 You fought for me

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

worldshaking00

Re: 12-06-18 You fought for me

Post by worldshaking00 »

Interesting, but not unexpected, as this same resulting door slam could have happened to Maura should Lynn have stuck to her original plan. And to the room service girl: Didi might not get dumped often but she does find herself frequently in various states of nakedness out in a hallway.

I don't think that the Didi effect is infallible, nor that it ever was meant to be. It makes an incredible first impression. It makes people wanton or makes them feel inadequate. But once Didi's shallow personality and general narcissism becomes evident, the Didi effect loses its luster. It might help enhance her other rather ample natural assets though. Didi hasn't really had any long term relationships, precisely because of these facts. Matt was probably one of her longest, and mainly because he was so sexually skilled that she did 'come close' to reaching her orgasm and that he was so determined/narcissistic himself.

There is a good chance too, that Lynn is playing the field. Lynn seems like she is a long-term strategist. Having sexi-times with Maura might satisfy her itch for the moment, might recruit a new open relationship out of Maura should she be able to turn Maura's Kinsey dial (remember: Maura's heterosexuality might suddenly snap forward once she realizes what the hell her competitive streak just made her do), and might get Didi really motivated for her first match since she just failed. Lynn was personally just looking for a quick fling with the potential to find a more stable athletic open relationship partner. Lynn hasn't fully committed herself to Didi, and Maura has proven herself devoted (if skittish) to Lynn. Should Lynn find that Maura is a capable sex partner, then Lynn wins. Professionally, she is there to recruit Didi. Let her boss handle the quirks and details; all Lynn has to do is seal the deal. Should DIdi sign, Lynn wins. Should Didi fight to win Lynn's affection because she was so ceremoniously ejected and triumph, Lynn wins if either lady triumphs. If there is more drama created by a Didi/Maura rivalry, Lynn still wins. It's all coming up roses for her.

I don't think that Didi will return home to find Gary & Zii shagging, although there might be some guilty looks. Didi will probably try to seek some consolation in Zii, only to find Zii wanting to shag. I suspect that somehow Zii will point out that being dumped by Lynn parallels how Zii felt by being run out on by Didi when they were having their last discussion. Whether that has each of them reevaluate their relationship status, or drives them to both be more considerate people/lovers, remains to be seen. As @Spidrift would probably point out, Didi is probably too far up her own rear orifice to realize that she is the one at fault. Perhaps Zii is only turned on by Gary now? I might be interesting to see Zii's libidometer being drained listening to Didi's selfishness. Like, Zii has her trophy Didi but the golden radiance coming off of her is now tarnished. Or even more funny, if Zii is going down on Didi onto to look up and see Gary's face on Didi's body ala everyone else's hallucinations over Gary/Garii. I do suspect Didi's amatuer lovemaking skills to pale to Gary's kissing Zii now. Our titular menage is still potentially in play. Riveting times ahead.

I wonder if we are going to get yet another cutscene - Peggy & Bianca I assume since there's that elephant in the room to deal with - or a return to Maura & Lynn. Part of me wants to see Maura's reactions to lesbianism after her vociferous claims to only being heterosexual. Part of me wants to see whatever the heck Lynn's fetish/kink is. Part of me wants the wrestling arc to wrap up, and what better way than to have every important side character get neatly tucked away in bed (literally) and have Didi get soured to the whole wrestling thing. Part of me wants Maura to realize what the hell she's done and reaffirm her declared heterosexuality, running screaming out the hotel door... or excusing herself to the loo only to dial Tess for pointers (or an escape plan) on her current affair. So many choices. :YMDAYDREAM:
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

wm247

Post by wm247 »

Impressive. The Tempest does have potential to go long at pro wrestling. With Frosti successfully pining Roxxy, and Pyre successfully pining Didi, they really could accomplish anything when they put their mind to it. :-o

Too bad Annie Conda did not record those fight between Didi and Pyre. Could you imagine the traffic to the Tempest vlog once it gets uploaded? Heck, Annie should just recruit Frosty and Pyre at WW3 already. :ympray:

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

worldshaking00 wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:16 pm

There is a good chance too, that Lynn is playing the field.
Not really, you're ignoring why Lynn got really smitten with Maura. It's not some scheme like you are saying.

These last two strip showed that she actually likes Maura more than DiDi.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

I'm not ignoring it. I'm agreeing that Lynn is interested in hooking up... with either of them. She chose the victor; Maura happened to win.

My point is that if Maura freaks out, or indeed if she doesn't, Didi is still a potential partner unless Didi withdraws her desire to be in an open relationship with Lynn. Net effect is that if Lynn gets to have sex with either of the lovely ladies, she wins. Lynn could spin this her way by making Didi feel that she lost her chance at sex because Didi lost... that Lynn had no choice but to respect the winner's wishes to bed her. It isn't a very articulate scheme, but the results still give Lynn success.

What would have happened if Maura lost? She'd have her ass thrown outside too, just like Didi. Lynn would have been in an arguably better position, as she wouldn't be beholden to the Tempests any longer for their help acquiring information on Didi. She would have a romantic partner, and not place signing Didi professionally into the WW3 in jeopardy.
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

Cortez wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:34 pm
worldshaking00 wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:16 pm

There is a good chance too, that Lynn is playing the field.
Not really, you're ignoring why Lynn got really smitten with Maura. It's not some scheme like you are saying.

These last two strip showed that she actually likes Maura more than DiDi.
He liked Didi more than Maura originally because, well, the Didi effect... If Maura wasn't crazy-over-competitive, Lynn would've asked for a 3way or kicked Maura out, instead of that Maura won her heart and annulled the effect, at least for one night (because remember, Maura did this because she is crazy-over-competitive, but i'm willing to bet that once Lynn shows her moves Maura will be freaked out)...

About the WW3 job, the offer is still on for Didi, because the boss wants her, but Didi could turn down the offer, or be more willing to sign... I guess it all depends on what happens with Zii and Gary... we'll see...

BTW, this is strip #1454, Giz said that Volume 10 could have more than 150 strips, but until further notice, we have less than 50 strips to go (46 to be exact),
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

KittyHat

Post by KittyHat »

Well, many people are talking about the surprise failure of the "DiDi Effect," and that's certainly all well and good; to be sure, it's nice to see her for once get some semblance of comeuppance.

However, what's more interesting to me at the moment is the question mark in the last panel. DiDi, as ever clueless, has no idea what just happened, but she's at least aware that something happened that she failed to fully grasp. Maybe that will inspire her to try to brush the cobwebs off of a brain cell or three and try to fire the things up for a change ... leading eventually to some degree of character development?

Okay, probably not likely. But it's a thought.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

What a shame! Ms. Chastel didn't get something just because she wants it, and will have to actually talk to Suzi about their issues. :P

I do love watching her being defeated by people with superior training.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

KittyHat wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:15 pm
However, what's more interesting to me at the moment is the question mark in the last panel. DiDi, as ever clueless, has no idea what just happened, but she's at least aware that something happened that she failed to fully grasp. Maybe that will inspire her to try to brush the cobwebs off of a brain cell or three and try to fire the things up for a change ... leading eventually to some degree of character development?

Okay, probably not likely. But it's a thought.
I hope so, but I agree with your statement that she won't (easily) change. It would be nice for our trio main cast to come away from the story as better people. Gary has become a competent lover and is mostly vertebrate. Zii has realized she's been a shiity shallow person, but at least as of now, hasn't made herself better and is confused on what/who to do next. Didi's cluelessness & narcissism has known no bottom, but even Matt's narcissism had a limit before he broke. Didi has had only success for most of her life. We are creatures molded from our failures, but Didi might need her hand held to realize the extent of her problems and how she treats others.

Sometimes people go to their ex's for advice, or their ex's appear in the wild and they reminisce. Zii and Erik had their moment. Maybe a visit from 'Doctor' Kiley is in order?

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

On consideration, Lynn’s reaction here could be called a little toxic. “You engaged inphysical violence over me, therefore I will be your sexual prize” is the sort of addle-brained silliness that gets romanticism a bad name. A strong, self-assured woman like Lynn really ought to know better. Still, anyone can be allowed their moments of weakness.

And sure, the DiDi Effect isn’t supposed to be eternal or infallible. Still, it can be terribly persistent. Just ask Zii. Making the wrestlers so resistant to it does smack of plot contrivance.

As to DiDi learning better... The trouble is, she’s been depicted as so damn stupid, for so long, that it’s going to be very hard work for the writers to make any kind of breakthrough on her part believable, even with assistance. But we’ll see.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Khazuki

Post by Khazuki »

In the very next scene with Lynn and Maura, Maura's going to *immediately* remember that she's straight, like a fucking idiot.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

If DiDi were Zii, next panel would be her getting eaten out by the room service lady.

Making Jazzhands.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

worldshaking00 wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:54 pm
I'm not ignoring it. I'm agreeing that Lynn is interested in hooking up... with either of them. She chose the victor; Maura happened to win.
Except she picked Maura even before she won, Lynn was even cheering Maura on in the last strip.
rogermart wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:08 pm
(because remember, Maura did this because she is crazy-over-competitive, but i'm willing to bet that once Lynn shows her moves Maura will be freaked out)...
Wrong on both counts. We already saw Maura respond positively to Lynn's moves and in this strip she called Lynn her Prince Charming.

You have to be blind not to see that Maura is interested. She went to Lynn's apartment of her own accord.

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

Wow, now Didi has been rejected by the very woman that was lusting after her. The question now becomes will Zii reject Didi at some point? But like I just mentioned in the previous thread the creative team probably throws darts at a dart board to determine what happens next in the comic.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

Cortez wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:12 pm
rogermart wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:08 pm
(because remember, Maura did this because she is crazy-over-competitive, but i'm willing to bet that once Lynn shows her moves Maura will be freaked out)...
Wrong on both counts. We already saw Maura respond positively to Lynn's moves and in this strip she called Lynn her Prince Charming.

You have to be blind not to see that Maura is interested. She went to Lynn's apartment of her own accord.
You're talking about her flirting moves, i'm talking about her sex moves, that's why the word "moves" has a link to a strip, that strip explains that Lynn has a thing she does that is intimidating, she was hoping that Didi being so strong won't be intimidated by it... That's all in that strip.

I was saying that Maura fought Didi because she is crazy-over-competitive, obviously she is interested in Lynn (Maura's underwear, Lynn's flirting), that's what triggered her over-competitiveness when Didi came to Lynn's door, but (until proven otherwise) Maura has not slept with any woman, so Lynn will be her first, Lynn watching the fight could think that since she beat Didi, she can manage her sex-moves, so she will do the "unspeakable" thing, and that's when Maura could freak out...
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

Bat-dork

Post by Bat-dork »

I've always liked DiDi, but man, this feels a little too well deserved. She failed very miserably at reading her situation. I can almost hear the Roman Reigns haters chanting "YOU DE-SERVE IT (Clap, clap-clap, clap-clap)".

Then again, I am not entirely sure Maura is not guilty of the same crime. She was barely being seduced into maybe trying something, then Didi arrives and she one-sidedly turns the thing into a competition. Will she be able to follow through when the fog clears?

Then again, those are "come bone me" panties if I've ever seen them. Let's see what happens when the adrenaline clears in the morning.

Also, for people who believe this might mean Didi's career is tanking, I doubt it. Remember it is Lynn's boss who is targeting DiDi, so Lynn is still on-mission, one-night-stand aside.