Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

12-06-18 You fought for me

Post by Giz »

OllieOrOlly

Re: 12-06-18 You fought for me

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Here's hoping Lynn is just going to talk to Maura about wrestling - Lynn had arrived to scout DiDi, but discovered that Maura had better skill and technique, thus, in spite of DiDi's aesthetic appeal, Maura would be a more valuable wrestler. Or, it may be the sleazier option and Lynn found Maura's passionate fandom more alluring than DiDi's blunt (or rather, dumb) beauty, thus will be continuing her... inverted gay conversion? I guess everyone in this series is bi, but Maura seemed fairly strongly on the hetereo side of the spectrum, which is another reason I hope she and Lynn are just talking about pro wrestling opportunities.
I suppose Lynn - for the lack of a better term - taking advantage of Maura due to the latter's starstruck and clumsy fury isn't the *worst* precursor for a hook up in this series, but even so...

Regardless, it was vastly rewarding to see DiDi fail to achieve her goal. So often, she kept getting things here way (granted, still not getting her coveted O, but not because it was difficult for her to grab suitors), thereby her "brute force" beauty being blocked is a welcoming occurrence.

Also, quite artistically lovely to see Maura and DiDi in their underwear; maybe I'm being sleazy now, although one can't help but admire the fineness of form. Seriously though, while there are limited variety of emotions of this update, there was enough nuance in expressions and body language to help support the moods of the scene - from the comedic glare of Maura's, and DiDi's gradually increasing sense of realisation that she will be given her way (her face being hilariously dumbfounded in the final panel), to the third panel's perhaps overly enamoured expression Maura is showing to an almost uncharacteristically warm face Lynn is returning. Maura's expression of yearning feels a bit unearned, but it could be passable due to the adrenaline of the fight and the acceptance being offered by her idol.

suranae

Post by suranae »

So Didi is going to run into Peggy & her "date"

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

What a refreshing turn of events! :-bd

Being kicked out is the least Didi deserved - given how quickly she was willing to ditch her 'twu wuv' for a chance of side nookie (because, clearly, her having orgasms are far more important than being a compassionate partner), and the fact that she tried to undermine Maura's victory by trying to get Lynn to agree that she'd much rather have nookie with Didi than be alone with Maura (Didi's assumptions in the third panel made that last panel all the more satisfying to behold - seriously, amazing job on the expressions, Giz!).

I'm honestly hoping for a coup de grace in the next few strips; Didi arriving home only to find Zii getting her groove on with Gary would be so richly deserved after being so self serving for so long (not just in regards to how she treated Zii; but how she treated every lover she ever had).
Last edited by Fluffy on Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

TheFoolishOne

Post by TheFoolishOne »

wow, and here I was expecting a little more wrestling with some loss of clothes, and then a 4 some with the busgirl. Did not see that coming b-(

TwoWayStar

Post by TwoWayStar »

OllieOrOlly wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:41 am
Regardless, it was vastly rewarding to see DiDi fail to achieve her goal. So often, she kept getting things here way (granted, still not getting her coveted O, but not because it was difficult for her to grab suitors), thereby her "brute force" beauty being blocked is a welcoming occurrence.

Also, quite artistically lovely to see Maura and DiDi in their underwear; maybe I'm being sleazy now, although one can't help but admire the fineness of form. Seriously though, while there are limited variety of emotions of this update, there was enough nuance in expressions and body language to help support the moods of the scene - from the comedic glare of Maura's, and DiDi's gradually increasing sense of realisation that she will be given her way (her face being hilariously dumbfounded in the final panel), to the third panel's perhaps overly enamoured expression Maura is showing to an almost uncharacteristically warm face Lynn is returning. Maura's expression of yearning feels a bit unearned, but it could be passable due to the adrenaline of the fight and the acceptance being offered by her idol.
HONESTLY! Didi could get at least a bit comeuppance for all her terrible orgasm-seeking actions. And Agreed about the art, I love her art style and how she draws so much. What I wouldn't give for one more picture of Chloe in this style... ToT

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

Giz, I dare you to make them all naked in the book!

Well, except the room service girl. That would be pretty hard to explain to her boss. :))

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Well, it looks like the DiDi Effect is gradually wearing off through overuse. It’s not completely burned out — the waitress can see that this was a remarkable turn of events — but since the wrestlers were introduced as a plot device to give DiDi’s character story some sort of closure, they’ve all shown a peculiar degree of resistance to her superpower.

Mind you, this now leaves some plot threads hanging — not just DiDi’s recruitment by the wrestling big league, but the offer of a place to stay with Lynn on that trip. Will the writers find and take the time to deal with this stuff properly? Past precedents promise poorly...
OllieOrOlly wrote:
Here's hoping Lynn is just going to talk to Maura about wrestling - Lynn had arrived to scout DiDi, but discovered that Maura had better skill and technique, thus, in spite of DiDi's aesthetic appeal, Maura would be a more valuable wrestler.
Not a chance. Maura is talking about Lynn as her “Prince Charming”, Lynn is looking all shallow-violence-junkie infatuated... I assume that Maura’s competitive dedication will carry her through a bit of Kinsey-one adventuring.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

brasca

Post by brasca »

I speculated that passion might win out and surprised to be proven right.

This could be very unwise for Lynn since spurning DiDi could seriously jeopardize her chances of signing DiDi to her company which was the other reason for pursuing her. And Maura's competitive streak may have its limits once she gets into the bedroom.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Combine a determination not to lose with a large dose of star-struck fannishness, and I think that Lynn’s tastes would have to be very strange indeed to scare Maura off.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

OllieOrOlly wrote:
Here's hoping Lynn is just going to talk to Maura about wrestling - Lynn had arrived to scout DiDi, but discovered that Maura had better skill and technique, thus, in spite of DiDi's aesthetic appeal, Maura would be a more valuable wrestler.
I'm guessing you missed the part where Maura called Lynn her "Prince Charming". So they are more than likely hooking up.

meps98

Post by meps98 »

So we see Maura panting hard and sweating from the fight. Didi is calm, cool and confused. What does this tell us? As suspected, Didi had no idea what was going on and put no extra effort into the match. As I said before, I'd really like to see Didi go all "She-Hulk" once before the series ends. Unfortunately, her reaction when things don't go her way is little more than a brief "Oh Poo!"

TheFoolishOne

Post by TheFoolishOne »

:ympray: I agree with Milnoc, make that happen in the book :) <3 :ympray:

Collarnorcrown

Post by Collarnorcrown »

Room service girl took the words right out of my mouth.
"The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything."
Friedrich Nietzsche

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

meps98 wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:54 pm
Unfortunately, her reaction when things don't go her way is little more than a brief "Oh Poo!"
Except in this case, where she looks legit stunned that Lynn chose alone time with Maura over having sex with Didi.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.