12-06-18 You fought for me

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

worldshaking00

Re: 12-06-18 You fought for me

Post by worldshaking00 »

Cortez wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:12 pm
Except she picked Maura even before she won, Lynn was even cheering Maura on in the last strip.
<snip>
You have to be blind not to see that Maura is interested. She went to Lynn's apartment of her own accord.
I don't get the impression that Lynn was deadset choosing Maura at the time she was cheering her on. Lynn was engrossed in the spectacle of the panty wrestling. I can see how you are interpreting Lynn's cheer, and agree it is a little ambiguous. But I still get the impression that Lynn wouldn't have denied Didi some sexi-times should Didi have defeated Maura. To the victor go the spoils.

As far as Maura's confused interest in Lynn: I think she is just that... unsure of herself and competitively desperate. Lynn has been pouring the charm on pretty thick. And, Maura is privy to knowing that Lynn is sexually interested in Didi. Didi is not privy to the knowledge that Lynn has also been flirting with Maura. I suspect that Maura does not want to lose her 'relationship' with Lynn so much that she'd be willing to do just about anything - including sleep with her - to keep her #1 in Lynn's eyes. A wrestling match? No sweat! Maura has no problems laying some moves down to defeat Didi.

Once the adrenalin ends though, will she be so keen to get more than just a kiss from Prince Charming? If she goes through with it, will she have regrets? All of this is beside the inclusion of Lynn's kink.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Antinerd

Post by Antinerd »

OllieOrOlly wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:41 am
... artistically lovely to see Maura and DiDi in their underwear; maybe I'm being sleazy now, ....
Nobody who has been reading this web comic for years has any business being worried about being sleazy. Just sayin'.

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

The final development is interesting to me, but not the catharsis-laden fist-pump moment it so clearly is for the rest of you. *shrug* To each his own I suppose.

For the record, I'm in favour of DiDi suffering ONLY if it leads to character development and her becoming a better person. And no, I'm not interested in debating its plausibility - I'll gladly debate any other element of it, but not that. Book 10 has clearly been designated the book of the 101 shocking developments, what with Gary growing a spine, Zii losing her band and her libido and Peggy's new friend dropping in out of the aether among other things. Not only that, but if Dangerously Chloe! has taught us anything it's that the story can go wherever the writer wants it to go, regardless of outside plausibility factors.
Spidrift wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:59 am
Well, it looks like the DiDi Effect is gradually wearing off through overuse. It’s not completely burned out — the waitress can see that this was a remarkable turn of events — but since the wrestlers were introduced as a plot device to give DiDi’s character story some sort of closure, they’ve all shown a peculiar degree of resistance to her superpower..
Clearly you don't remember Damien and Brandy openly lusting over her and being distracted by her boobs.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

worldshaking00 wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:43 pm

I don't get the impression that Lynn was deadset choosing Maura at the time she was cheering her on.
It was really clear that was the case, especially since she cheered on Maura after the room service lady pointed out DiDi was sure to win.

Vitocap

Post by Vitocap »

Now DiDi will return home to Zii, and...

We, the old ghosts of Pizen Bluff, who still roam about this dead forum screaming imprecations at the characters and whatnot.

Rolan7

Post by Rolan7 »

Cortez wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:40 pm
worldshaking00 wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:43 pm

I don't get the impression that Lynn was deadset choosing Maura at the time she was cheering her on.
It was really clear that was the case, especially since she cheered on Maura after the room service lady pointed out DiDi was sure to win.
Yeah, I think that was pretty clear. Maura might still back out, or maybe she'll ride this victory rush through an experiment. I'm hoping the latter, mostly for Lynn's sake heh.

I'd like to add that it's nice to see the "DiDi effect" fail, mostly because she seems to get everything effortlessly. It's natural for the audience to want such a trend to be subverted.

But I'm personally not comfortable with shaming her for wanting orgasms, or judging her as selfish. She's acting in good faith, she's just making silly assumptions because she has no understanding of relationships. She barely understands *sex*, having only recently achieved orgasm herself. (Yet she kept giving it to people for all that time - is that what a selfish person would do?) She honestly and naively/eagerly believes that Zii and her have an open relationship now.

She's not evil, just inexperienced in actual romance.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

LegendaryKroc wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:37 pm
Book 10 has clearly been designated the book of the 101 shocking developments...
It’s a rather hastily determined last-volume-of-seeries. This is just an inevitable side-effect of that.
Clearly you don't remember Damien and Brandy openly lusting over her and being distracted by her boobs.
I specifically said “resistance”, not “immunity”. (And yes, those two seem to be the least resistant. But then, Damien is a guy and Brandy is an incorrigible flirt.) Frankly, the degree of resistance in that community comes and goes as the plot demands — but it’s been there ever since Roxie entered the story while noticing that DiDi was a bit of an arse.
Rolan7 wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:05 am
She's not evil, just inexperienced in actual romance.
I don’t think that I’ve ever said she was evil, but I have called her a bit of a monster. She’s not mean; her nature is what it is. She’s a gelatinous cube, slurping through the world dissolving unwitting adventurers. But that still makes her a damn menace.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

I'm now imagining a gelatinous cube with Double D boobs.

Oglaf, you have a job.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

"Oh, gods... It's so JIGGLY!!!"

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Cortez wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:40 pm
OllieOrOlly wrote:
Here's hoping Lynn is just going to talk to Maura about wrestling - Lynn had arrived to scout DiDi, but discovered that Maura had better skill and technique, thus, in spite of DiDi's aesthetic appeal, Maura would be a more valuable wrestler.
I'm guessing you missed the part where Maura called Lynn her "Prince Charming". So they are more than likely hooking up.
You assume the worst of me quite often? I did see that part, however, I was hoping the interpretation could be that Maura was submerged in kayfabe, so her "Prince Charming," is a goal to win, rather than to have sex with.
Antinerd wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:33 pm
OllieOrOlly wrote:
... artistically lovely to see Maura and DiDi in their underwear; maybe I'm being sleazy now, ....
Nobody who has been reading this web comic for years has any business being worried about being sleazy. Just sayin'.
True. I'm just trying to avoid being a hypocrite. ;)

Double post merged. The DAMNed

Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Don Alexander wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:46 pm
I'm now imagining a gelatinous cube with Double D boobs.

Oglaf, you have a job.
I can see this as a double-page post. :-?
Don Alexander wrote:Duh. All people are homosexual. Most just don't get beyond the heterosexual experimentation phase until they die of old age.