Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

brasca

Re: 05-06-18 Too exciting

Post by brasca »

Spidrift wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:06 am
brasca wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:35 am
For once I'd actually like to skip one of the current plot lines and just focus on this.
Ah, you’ve fallen for the Raymond Chandler effect. For those who missed my earlier allusion or don’t know the quote:
  • “This was inevitable because the demand was for constant action and if you stopped to think you were lost. When in doubt have a man come through a door with a gun in his hand. This could get to be pretty silly but somehow it didn’t seem to matter. A writer who is afraid to over-reach himself is as useless as a general who is afraid to be wrong.”
Not a rule I ever expeted to see applied to Ma3, but like I said, I reckon Dave is getting bored and doing the writer equivalent of clawing the curtains.
Not really. I just like Peggy and want to see what or more specifically who she's been doing right now. I'd also like to see Kiley again.

tau neutrino

Re: 05-06-18 Too exciting

Post by tau neutrino »

Vaken wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:50 am
For those willing to watch The Avengers, I'd advise to skip the Honor Blackman era (and everything before).
The Emma Peel and Tara King series are cult, IMHO.

The 70s revival with Gambit and Purdey is less interesting, I think. But there are a couple episodes which are worth watching (more if you're a fan of Joanna Lumley).

EDIT: ah... and the film with Uma Thurman... Please, erase that from my memory.
The 70s series actually had episodes called "The New Avengers in Canada".