Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

29-05-18 Awkward lace

Post by Giz »

Cortez

Re: 29-05-18 Awkward lace

Post by Cortez »

Most people had assumed DiDi would have gone running home at this point.

Now i'm thinking Lynn might end up with a threesome.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Not a fan of how everything is "coming up Lynn-house," due to present party including an idiot and extraordinarily competitive, slightly less dumb idiot. Ha.

Panel three is a curious exercise as it seems to be Lynn processing a moral dilemma, which is odd since her morals aren't exactly stellar; it is a useful reiteration of her attitude, in that she views the potential conquests as just that - objects to be challenging and ultimately owned. There are vague hints of emotion, but those hints are nothing in comparison to her desires; the whole musing is revealed as moot anyway since she is rendered mindlessly aroused by the sight of the two half-naked beauties. There is "distracted by the sexy," but since Lynn is stunned akin to virginal Gary or nympho Zii, it emphasises her desires as lust rather than love.
Perhaps I'm overanalysing a sex comedy strip? Well, it has more depth than at first glance, so maybe there is some validity in my perspective.

Overall, a rather pleasant mostly-SFW fanservice-y update is quite nice for the eyes, anyway; the simple motion of Maura disrobing is almost as lovely as the next panels. I also like the fierce but excited (due to the challenge) expression Maura has on her face, even as she has to stare up against the more voluptuous, taller "rival."

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

And you're saying that Lynn's morals "aren't stellar " based on what exactly?

Wanting to bang Maura and DiDi doesn't make her a villain and she has been upfront about her intentions.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

It doesn't make her a villain; but the fact she's not even bothering to try to stop these two idiots from disrobing and battling it out to see who gets the privilege to be Lynn's booty call for the night doesn't exactly paint her in a favorable light.

Here's hoping by next update Lynn either stops the fight before it happens by either informing Didi she already had plans with Maura or suggesting a threesome.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

They aren't going to seriously fight, DiDi thinks they're just practicing wrestling.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

It doesn't matter what Didi thinks; the point is, both Maura and Lynn know this fight is about which girl gets to have a night of passion with Lynn - and, it's heavily implied that Lynn's going to stand by and let it happen because she can't decide who she wants.

I'm really hoping that Lynn intervenes in the next strip and puts an end to the stupidity before it officially starts.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Well, whatever else happens, there's a good chance that a room service waiter is about to get the quality of his day enhanced.
Cortez wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 9:11 am
Most people had assumed DiDi would have gone running home at this point.
Well, I thought that she might go running home eventually. She does need some sufficient provocation to do so first.
OllieOrOlly wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 9:17 am
Panel three is a curious exercise as it seems to be Lynn processing a moral dilemma, which is odd since her morals aren't exactly stellar; it is a useful reiteration of her attitude, in that she views the potential conquests as just that - objects to be challenging and ultimately owned.
She sought advice about the morality of her actions at least once before. She's not totally morally empty, though she's maybe a bit too good at finding justifications for dubious behaviour. She does seem to think that being totally honest about her intentions reliably gets her off the hook. Which, to be fair, is a semi-plausible position.
Fluffy wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 10:30 am
It doesn't make her a villain; but the fact she's not even bothering to try to stop these two idiots from disrobing and battling it out to see who gets the privilege to be Lynn's booty call for the night doesn't exactly paint her in a favorable light.
To be fair yet again, one of them has DiDi's magic boobs, and the other is a Giz female character in skimpy underwear. That's kind of highly distracting.
Cortez wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 10:42 am
They aren't going to seriously fight, DiDi thinks they're just practicing wrestling.
I doubt that DiDi really has a clue what's going on.

(Which is her baseline state, after all.)
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Fereshte

Post by Fereshte »

I’m not sure how Lynn’s morals are that bad. She hasn’t lied or tricked anyone. She’s expressed desire but that’s hardly bad. And this isn’t a fight but a wrestling match. I’m not even sure Maura is doing it to win Lynn but simply out of pure competitiveness. She could end up winning and still not sleep with Lynn. Which I have the feeling Lynn would be completely fine with. I don’t see how Lynn is this great bad character her.

TheFoolishOne

Post by TheFoolishOne »

Underwear fight *Sigh Facepalm* well here's hoping the towel falls :(

Rosa
BANNED

Post by Rosa »

Spidrift wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 12:43 pm
Well, whatever else happens, there's a good chance that a room service waiter is about to get the quality of his day enhanced.
Ha ha ha. Good one. I had forgotten about that guy. :))

"Dum da de Dum... Another day, another platter of food to serve at a guest room... Oh, the door is open... ¡AY CARAMBA!"
"I assume that the creative team does read the boards and that, through
the troll swill, they can find a decent thought-provoking post from time
to time. Other than money (of course), praise and intelligent discussion
concerning an artist's work has to be their life blood."

(by @worldshaking00)

─────────────────────────────────────────
http://image.ibb.co/jtqXqx/output.gif

AlexDenton

Post by AlexDenton »

Plot twist: The room service person is another female wrestler who jumps at the opportunity to get free training !!!
I mean, probably not, but I wouldn't put it past this comic ^^

Man I hope Maura wins. And then, pumped up by the victory, she'll forget why they were fighting and call Tess so they'll go out for drinks :D
"Hi. I'm NG Resonance. What would you like to talk about?"
"I like your music."
"I think you're lying."
"Hey -- I'm a fan. You're not supposed to argue with me."
"I'm supposed to make you like me. You like it when I argue."

Collarnorcrown

Post by Collarnorcrown »

I'm stunned Lynn managed to get distracted long enough to have those very reasonable, cogent thoughts.

Here's to the room service guy or girl who's about to get an eyeful, and probably a decent tip from a distracted Lynn.

I think I'll go sit in the "Lesbian three way" camp. Maura might be competitive, but no mortal can withstand Didi's chest, once underwear starts getting torn off it's all over. Or rather just getting started from Lynn's POV.
"The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything."
Friedrich Nietzsche

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

Lynn fills the role of antagonist, if we consider the main cast Zii & Didi (& their 'relationship') protagonists. Truly villainous? No. But she is a plot point to help give opposition & conflict. She is in no way as smarmy as Yvan (Gary's boss), nor is she as abusive or vile as Nathan (from SDB). But she still has an agenda that isn't positive towards the health of Didi & Zii's sustained 'relationship' {and no, I don't think having an open relationship will help Zii get her groove back while Didi can get her own rocks off}. Lynn is being mostly clear about her intentions and does seem to have a genuine attraction to making Didi hers. But she had to bolster her chances by 'hiring' Dum Dum and Sweet T. as spies to gather information on her quarry/Didi. She changes her attitude (slightly) to be less offensive when courting Didi; her being more submissive before Didi's beauty had a very strong impact on how Didi felt about Lynn (and not just boob-whapping Lynn). But if we take Lynn/Annie's normal behavior and compare it to how she acts while seducing Didi, there is a difference. She is not acting 100% herself, despite honesty and open dialogue being present. She is offering presents and a career to help sweeten the deal, if not directly quid pro quo like Nathan's tactics. I liken Lynn to being very much her snake-like name: she is slow, careful to strike, luring her prey in by seeming inoffensive, then biting and coiling her prey to their inevitable end. Lynn is doing this for her own desires and not out of genuine love... and because her boss wants to sign Didi into the WW3.

Perhaps, and this i being more psychoanalytical than might be necessary, but perhaps Maura isn't really bi-curious about Lynn. This really could be the continued extension of Maura's competitive streak, taken to comedic length. All three amateur wrestlers got cleavage autographs. Maura knows Didi is the target of Lynn, even if Maura doesn't 100% know if Lynn's goal is professional or romantic or both. Maura has been tortured into disguising as Didi. Maura knows Lynn finds her attractive. Maura knows Lynn finds Didi attractive, perhaps moreso. Maura keeps sending sexy selfies to Lynn to help keep Lynn focused on her, rather than fixating solely on Didi. I suspect Maura is so desperate to keep Lynn 'hers' that she chose to wear her version of "come bone me" panties as a final enticement should the need arise. She obviously is still rather uncomfortable about having sex with another woman, but her irrational desire to not be outdone is overriding that. Sadly?, the only way she can seem to confront Didi is to fight... or wrestle... not 100% on what the future brings us on that front.

If Lynn was smart about this and could get her head screwed on straight after seeing Maura & Didi in their undies, she would stop their wrestling or fisticuffs. Instead, she would have them be sexy for her... leading to a true threesome with Lynn getting the most out of it of course. That might be smarmy of Lynn, but it would help keep damages to her hotel to a minimum. This would satisfy Lynn's ego of herself as well as scratch her itch as it were.

On the other hand if Lynn was really smart about this, she would take what she's been given and follow her original strategy: acquire Didi. She should politely yet quickly dismiss Maura so she can get it on with Didi. And if Lynn felt so inclined she could do damage control with Maura later. Lynn has been focused on Didi, amassing information about her. Lynn has all the ammo she needs to have Didi then and now. Lynn has been winging it at seducing Maura. Lynn's ego thinks she might have succeeded at truly seducing Maura. If my psychoanalysis is correct, Maura isn't bi-for-Lynn but is rather just possessive and irrational in her means.

In either case, Lynn is probably in for a let down in the end. Maura will most likely not enjoy their sex and be weirded out after the fact. It would be a nice one-night stand, but probably just that. And while Lynn would be the most recent proud recipient of the 'I nailed Didi the Amazon' merit badge, Didi isn't a giving or proficient lover in kind. Lynn seems like the kind of independant woman who would not enjoy Didi's smothering behavior at all.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Calling her an Antagonist is also a huge stretch.