29-05-18 Awkward lace

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

sukebe senpai

Re: 29-05-18 Awkward lace

Post by sukebe senpai »

I don't know about you guys, but the wrestling arch has always felt irrelevant and weak to me.
FIRRIB

suranae

Post by suranae »

Yeah, I know what you mean.
Then again Didi's storylines have always been the weakest narratively speaking. Suzi is a power fantasy on a guitar hero hot streak, Gary is the student supposedly learning something, but Didi has always been the odd duck. She's technically perfection but she lacks any sort of development or rival.

I personally hated the orgasm crusade arc. It went on too long & made her even dumber.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

sukebe senpai wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 9:36 am
I don't know about you guys, but the wrestling arch has always felt irrelevant and weak to me.
It was a late-in-the-day add-on to stave off creator boredom and give DiDi something to do with her strength. The actual wrestling parts are full of weak in-jokes and pointless expies. But when the characters have been allowed to develop as characters, and not just as references to a different and less successful comic, they’re ... not much worse than most other Ma3 characters.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

sukebe senpai

Post by sukebe senpai »

Yeah, I too thought the wrestling storylines were just an afterthought. They didn't integrate with the rest of the characters and storylines at all. And I agree with suranae that DiDi hasn't developed one bit. She's simply a stunningly beautiful, ridiculously strong, sexually-unsatisfied, orgasm-obsessed airhead who has practically no ability to connect with anyone. To say she's two-dimensional would be flattery; she's the very model of the one-dimensional, boring character. Gary can interact with characters like Dillon, Matt, Zii in a straight man/funny man counterpoint. DiDi can't do that. She has no memorable lines, she has nothing really going for herself. She wasn't written as anything beyond what we've got. Quite honestly, I'd love a "Gary and Peggy go serious" ending, even though I've been pulling everyone's legs by shipping Gary and Eulice (although I don't think Giz and Dave are twisted enough to give us this ending). Or Gary and Kiley somehow getting back together. Or even Amber. Any of these endings would have shown - at least to me - some culmination of the growth that Gary has undergone.
FIRRIB

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Well, the scenes with her shoulder devil and angel are mildly amusing.

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks the wrestling arc is dumb and irrelevant.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

They did feel like a rushed addition.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Spidrift wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 12:43 pm
Well, whatever else happens, there's a good chance that a room service waiter is about to get the quality of his day enhanced.
Who needs tips when ya get tits?
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Someone with bills to pay? ;)