22-05-18 I like strong men

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Spidrift

Re: 22-05-18 I like strong men

Post by Spidrift »

rogermart wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 2:43 pm
BTW, in this strip, i find Lynn's seduction techniques similar to Cammi's (from Sandra on the Rocks), and hey, she managed to lower Sandra's inhibitions without a drop of booze, something that was not even done by the Didi effect... So if Lynn has Cammi's game, Maura's chances of caving are really high...
Is the resemblance simply that both of them are hella toned, or are you seeing something deeper?

As seduction techniques go, "find what the target likes and feed it to them, in large doses" isn't subtle, but it's probably pretty reliable. And if there's a resemblance in the two scenes, I'd note that both Sandra and Maura are fairly heavily on the hetero end of the scale, with a conventionally-feminine taste for "manly" guys. I'd don't know if an effective strategy for seducing such a woman into a lesbian encounter is for the seducer to emphasise her rugged, subtly "butch" aspects (with a subtle twist of "feminine" sensitivity), but it seems vaguely plaisible to my crass male sensitivities.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

True_Avery

Post by True_Avery »

Error of Logic wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 2:44 pm
Rosa wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 2:13 pm
Hush, kid. Adult thing going on, you can't understand.

Go do your homework.
Really? You can't come up with a better response than that?
Doesn't need one.
Play Kindred Spirits on the Roof! Play Starlight Vega! Play Ladykiller in a Bind!

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

I beg to differ.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Rosa wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 2:13 pm
Hush, kid. Adult thing going on, you can't understand.

Go do your homework.
Please, take that patronizing attitude somewhere else. There was no reason for you to speak down to EoL like that over something so inoffensive.
Last edited by Fluffy on Tue May 22, 2018 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Rosa
BANNED

Post by Rosa »

rogermart wrote:
BTW, in this strip, i find Lynn's seduction techniques similar to Cammi's (from Sandra on the Rocks), and hey, she managed to lower Sandra's inhibitions without a drop of booze, something that was not even done by the Didi effect... So if Lynn has Cammi's game, Maura's chances of caving are really high...
Yes. Exactly. That's it. The traditional, caricatural representation of a 'butch' in movies and tv is a big, fat, ugly, rectangular-shaped bogey of a woman, a look that most people of either gender do not find appealing. Butch girls in the Ma3-verse are completely different: they're both strong and beautiful. They kick ass, they do 'man' things as well as any man, and they are smoking hot to the eyes of any gender. Kind of like Gina Gershon's character in Bound, see what I mean? :) Cammi and Lynn both have the same things going for them, so of course they play their "game" in similar ways... actually not that different of how a cool strong handsome guy would play it, if you think about it... 'cept, when you are a woman, you get the extra benefit of being able to show off your amazing naked bod and share showers with your target without spooking her, lol.

worldshaking00 wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 2:33 pm
But the more interesting avenue for the creative team to take would be Lynn beginning to indulge in whatever sexual fetish she engages in that she told Mojo about, way back when. With either of them... or both even. I also expect there to still be some horror movie angle that is going to freak Didi out into not continuing sexual recourse with Lynn.
Horror movie angle?

Naaah. :-j

These expy characters are grown-up versions of the teens in Eerie Cuties... Giz is using them to show us exactly what kind of people Kade, Laura, Cess and Brooke would be after growing up and leaving behind teen awkwardness and insecurities. There's no way Brooke would grow up to have fetishes so fearsome they're like out of a horror movie, lol. IMO the meaning of her words is the plainest, most obvious one: she's too strong and needs to keep her strength in check when she makes love 'cause girls are fragile and bruise easily. It's a classic problem for a lot of men, too. In fact I must've read a thousand m/m fanstories where the previously het characters discover that gay sex is better because they can go all out without fear of hurting their partners, heh. I believe it's the same thing here in that Annie is looking for a partner who can take her lovemaking at full power, just that.
"I assume that the creative team does read the boards and that, through
the troll swill, they can find a decent thought-provoking post from time
to time. Other than money (of course), praise and intelligent discussion
concerning an artist's work has to be their life blood."

(by @worldshaking00)

─────────────────────────────────────────
http://image.ibb.co/jtqXqx/output.gif

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Spidrift wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 3:33 pm
rogermart wrote:
Is the resemblance simply that both of them are hella toned, or are you seeing something deeper?

As seduction techniques go, "find what the target likes and feed it to them, in large doses" isn't subtle, but it's probably pretty reliable. And if there's a resemblance in the two scenes, I'd note that both Sandra and Maura are fairly heavily on the hetero end of the scale, with a conventionally-feminine taste for "manly" guys. I'd don't know if an effective strategy for seducing such a woman into a lesbian encounter is for the seducer to emphasise her rugged, subtly "butch" aspects (with a subtle twist of "feminine" sensitivity), but it seems vaguely plaisible to my crass male sensitivities.
Sandra leans more on the big side though. She even got jealous of Cammie being with another girl.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

To the point that she's pretending she has a girlfriend to make Cammie jealous - with no regards to how she's toying with three peoples emotions (Cammie, Aaina, and soon enough, Pierre - if Eloise successfully exposes Sandra's little night out with her 'lesbian lover').
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

brasca

Post by brasca »

suranae wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 11:07 am
It's a little of column A, a smidge of column B. The seduction attempt is a little forced but Maura's reaction seems genuinely open to it. Hell it could just be a fangirl crush.

Also genuine or not it's a possible drama engine.
Maura is about as dim as Sonya so the potential joke here is that she thinks she's a bisexual even though she's really just a fangirl.

Of course the joke will be on Lynn if Maura acts on her seduction just as DiDi arrives.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

...Which seems very much the most likely place this is going. If the writers want DiDi to have a big Learning Moment (yeeuch) so she can be rammed into some semblance of sympathetic humanity before the comic ends, having her decide that the Lynn idea is a bust, and then discover that Zii now apparently prefers Gary to herself, is an obvious way to drop her into a deep hole for a few strips.

Though on past form, and given how unsympathetically she’s been portrayed of late, I’d find it more plausible if she didn’t learn a thing, but snapped completely and started murdering the rest of the cast.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Pier777

Post by Pier777 »

Now I'm imagining her as Juggernaut tearing people in half :-o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0pt-hONuSA

You can't stop this motherfucker

Holy shitballs (x8)
Oh holy shitballs (x9)
OH HOLY SHIT

Quote removed. The DAMNed

ThePonyGuy

Post by ThePonyGuy »

Welcome to Ma3, where everyone is either gay or bi.

Prydonian

Post by Prydonian »

Rosa wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 7:17 pm
These expy characters are grown-up versions of the teens in Eerie Cuties... Giz is using them to show us exactly what kind of people Kade, Laura, Cess and Brooke would be after growing up and leaving behind teen awkwardness and insecurities.
Wow, I don’t think that’s the case at all. These characters seem like amusing alternate-universe homages, but I don’t think there’s any intent to say this is how the EC kids would have turned out. I get nothing of Brooke from this person.
ThePonyGuy wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 5:34 pm
Welcome to Ma3, where everyone is either gay or bi.
Yeah. It’s my only real frustration with this comic universe... they treat “straight” like a myth.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

I'm with Prydonian. It's AU material, and resemblances aside, these characters are not the same people.
At all.

Rosa
BANNED

Post by Rosa »

Prydonian wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 7:21 am
Rosa wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 7:17 pm
These expy characters are grown-up versions of the teens in Eerie Cuties... Giz is using them to show us exactly what kind of people Kade, Laura, Cess and Brooke would be after growing up and leaving behind teen awkwardness and insecurities.
Wow, I don’t think that’s the case at all. These characters seem like amusing alternate-universe homages, but I don’t think there’s any intent to say this is how the EC kids would have turned out. I get nothing of Brooke from this person.
Perhaps you should take a second look. :)

Kade is still obviously himself. Same with Cess. Maura is Laura to a (Sweet) T. Only difference is that they are grown-up versions of themselves. That's the whole point of the game: imagining the original characters as adults. There's no reason it would be different for Brooke. She always had that "cool huntress" side in her (sniff, poor Mr. Skittles) and by her last appearances in the C-verse it was clear that she was maturing and coming to terms with all of her self. The way she psyched Cerise and played her like a fiddle? That's pure Annie Conda, all right.
"I assume that the creative team does read the boards and that, through
the troll swill, they can find a decent thought-provoking post from time
to time. Other than money (of course), praise and intelligent discussion
concerning an artist's work has to be their life blood."

(by @worldshaking00)

─────────────────────────────────────────
http://image.ibb.co/jtqXqx/output.gif

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

The characters share many traits, but are demonstrably not the same.
You'd never see Layla and Nina wrestling in a tub of whatever the fake blood was.
Brooke was kinder than Ms. Conda.