Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

worldshaking00

Re: 19-05-18 Double the order

Post by worldshaking00 »

'J' wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 11:52 pm
Error of Logic wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 9:41 am
Insulting Tess' BFF? Nice way to screw yourself out of surprise nookie - and to show your true colours.
Divide & conquer
Possibly, but I doubt it. Lynn has shown a reasonable amount of disdain to the Tempests, only giving into their demands/requests for insider wrestling tips because they were in the correct position to give up the goods on Didi. Their derogatory names, for example, and how she can easily pay them no nevermind when she wants to. As to the true colors, yes, Lynn is a snake - very calculating and not wanting to waste energy unnecessarily. See below for more potential ophidian aspects of Lynn.

Once Lynn has Didi, I expect Lynn's advice and communication to evaporate. Maura might be picking up on that and as such is making sure Lynn knows that SHE... Maura... is her trusted confidant and the one Lynn should be schmoozing with/to. That, and Maura doesn't mind being her lackey... even if Maura isn't realizing she's being used. I don't claim to know much about wrestling, but a little technique and finding a gimmick that the crowd likes and exploiting it to the n-th degree seems about all one needs to be a decent entertainment wrestler. Google and Youtube should suffice for most of that. What else can Lynn offer, advice-wise, to Maura to help her be a better wrestler? Lynn's best angle would be her connections, and become the next 'big thing' because of marketing & 'top men'.

Admittedly, the vlogging is a good idea. It might not be as polished or widespread as the WW3's publicity/marketing execs might want. However it does have more of a real-time visceral experience for fans, and if something does go viral then there you go.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Rosa
BANNED

Post by Rosa »

Vitocap wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 11:50 pm
As for your question, I think what is coming is a cascade of quiproquos between Lynn, Maura and (when she arrives) DiDi, resulting in a great many strips of conversation to sort out the confusion.
This.

Two things are made obvious in today's strip.

1) First, Maura is ready for a bi-curious affair with Lynn. (She made herself especially pretty before coming to visit, and lines like "I don't know why I came... I... I just wanted to see you..." are a dead giveaway.)

2) Second, Lynn has learned her lesson. Last time, Maura said and did lots of things that made her look like she was coming on to Lynn, but it all turned out to be Lynn's misunderstanding. Therefore, this time, Lynn is blatantly ignoring the hints that Maura is dropping, because she's certain it cannot be what it looks like.

This is a great recipe for comedy. And when Didi arrives, snafu will become fubar as Didi will assume Lynn has invited Maura for a tryst, Maura will assume Lynn has invited Didi for a tryst, Didi will accuse Lynn of trying to seduce any busty blonde she meets, Maura will accuse Didi of sleeping with Lynn in exchange for a big juicy WW3 contract, Lynn will admit Didi is getting signed next week, Maura will scream "I KNEW IT!" and go hysterical, and from then on anything can happen. :)

(If I have to guess, I'd predict this: Didi won't get to sleep with Lynn, she will be asked to leave, she will return home frustrated... and will find Gary and Zii in bed, going at it like rabbits. Aha.)
"I assume that the creative team does read the boards and that, through
the troll swill, they can find a decent thought-provoking post from time
to time. Other than money (of course), praise and intelligent discussion
concerning an artist's work has to be their life blood."

(by @worldshaking00)

─────────────────────────────────────────
http://image.ibb.co/jtqXqx/output.gif

TheFoolishOne

Post by TheFoolishOne »

to quote Ned Stark 'Didi is coming' :P

Ophidiophile

Post by Ophidiophile »

I see where this is going. Now the question is will Annie make Maura hide in the closet or the bathroom?

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

That would be an interesting throwback to when Didi was in the closet a long ways back...

It might be a fancy hotel... but do they have closets even? I guess some can. Been a long while.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Uh? What kind of hotel doesn’t give you somewhere to hang your spare shirts and jackets and stuff?

It might or might not have a door, but I imagine a “fancy” place would be more likely to have old-style actual furniture instead of just a rail, on average.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

Spidrift wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 9:56 am
She probably realises perfectly well that Maura is really the dumber one of that pairing; I imagine that her mental script at this point is Maura saying "Oh no, I'm the dumb one", so she can come back with "Well maybe she likes you to think that..." Though of course that sacrifices her "honest and truthful" shtick. She's also gambling on the Maura-Tess bond not being 100% solid, of course, but I'm sure she has a proper cynicism on such things.
Lynn just watched Tess and Maura get into an impromptu furniture-smashing grudge match at that restaurant a day or so back. She knows their bond isn't 100% solid, and will use that against them.
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Well, she may well think that. Of course, the readers have seen them quickly and compulsively making up after that incident, which means that we may be less sure about their divisibility than Lynn is.

In other words, Lynn may suffer from the usual problem of a sane person in the Ma3 universe; a fundamentally incorrect world view.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Not to mention the commonly-held willingness to do anything at all for sex.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Oh, it's dem wrasslin' gurlz again...

Dum dum dum!
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)