17-05-18 In your friend zone

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

samtheman

Re: 17-05-18 In your friend zone

Post by samtheman »

I could see Gary teach Zii the swirly go round but then Zii becomes better than Gary at using it just like how Gary became better than Dillon at using it despite the swirly go round being Dillon's technique. Then Zii uses the swirly go round on Didi and it actually works on her this time. Zii and Didi become an offical couple while Gary's story ends like it began: with him being single and no prospects for a serious relationship. Peggy doesn't want a serious relationship, Amber is in a relationship with someone else, and Kiley is suffering from Chuck Cunningham Syndrome.

And happy 10th anniversary to the team.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

In celebration of 10 years of Má3 as well as Zii's libidosplosion, I offer these cunning song lyrics:

HELLO, HELLO, HELLO, DOWN LOW

MY LIBIDO!
A BURRITO!
GATOS FRITOS!
HOW THEY EAT US!

ROD'S DENIAL!
ROD'S DENIAL!
ROD'S DENIAL!
ROD'S DENIAL!
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

samtheman wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 3:21 pm
I could see Gary teach Zii the swirly go round but then Zii becomes better than Gary at using it just like how Gary became better than Dillon at using it despite the swirly go round being Dillon's technique. Then Zii uses the swirly go round on Didi and it actually works on her this time. Zii and Didi become an offical couple while Gary's story ends like it began: with him being single and no prospects for a serious relationship. Peggy doesn't want a serious relationship, Amber is in a relationship with someone else, and Kiley is suffering from Chuck Cunningham Syndrome.

And happy 10th anniversary to the team.
My aren’t we feeling positive today.

It doesn’t really work better for Gary than for Dillon, incidentally, in that Dillon only ever regarded it as a kissing technique. The fact that when he teaches this merely good kissing technique to a straight (or bi) guy, it transforms into a magic oral sex technique is... well, Zii is fully entitled to be outraged by the stupidity of it all.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

KittyHat

Post by KittyHat »

samtheman wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 3:21 pm
Zii and Didi become an offical couple while Gary's story ends like it began: with him being single and no prospects for a serious relationship.
Even if all of that happened, Gary's story wouldn't end like it began. When it began, he was Garybot, with not only no prospects for a serious relationship but no way to find anyway. Now, he has become Gary.

For the man Gary now is, the sea is full of other fish.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Quite so. There will doubtless be some pairings-off at the end of this comic, but they really aren’t mandatory. Gary is a fairly complete human being, with as good a prospect for happiness as most of us. Zii is clawing her way toward self-knowledge. I kind of hope that Sonya doesn’t get paired off, because she’s become her own woman, who’s learning to marshall her full, rather terrifying resources for herself. Even DiDi has found something to do with her physical strength, and has some idea of how to deal with her frustration.

They could all walk into the sunset with heads held high, alone.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Zellgato

Post by Zellgato »

Wow and the real conversations just keep going~

congrats on the anniversary
..I wonder if it bugs the creators that they aren't wrapping the story up on exactly the 10th year since they are ending it.

Froboi

Post by Froboi »

The way Gary's matured and evolved, I can't see the end of this story ending up with him in the titular activity (thought I guess she's already had his share of Ma3s...and a Ma4...and kind of a reverse GB?) I feel like his growth as a character will want him to end up in a committed relationship with a someone he can be a friend with. If I had my way, he'd fix the situation with Zii and Didi and contact Kiley (who we haven't seen since she dumped Didi) and take things slow. I also don't want to see things settled as they are with Zii/Sonya/Yuki. Zii definitely hurt them both, and she needs to beg for their forgiveness, but I'd hate to see them no longer being friends.

I can't believe it's been TEN years! Fell in love with this story since Day 1, coming from the Penny & Aggie/Fanzzz days.
So many characters, so many developments, so many firsts I've seen in webcomic history (First MC happily topping and being topped by a Trans woman lol) It will be sad to see the eventual end of the series, but I hope all the characters will be happy in the end.

Antinerd

Post by Antinerd »

Gary: I'm in your friend zone?

Zii: Not sure I'd call it that. I simply never saw you as a sexual being...

THAT IS THE VERY DEFINITION OF THE FRIEND ZONE YOU DIMWITS.

Done with that.

At this point I don't care what they do. Just if they do it I want it soon and ...

Memo to creative team: make it graphic please. Thank you very much.

Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

I'm just surprised nobody has thought to compare and contrast Gary and Didi. At the beginning of the comic Gary was a virgin, and Didi was prowling a wasteland of men searching for one capable of providing her with an orgasm. Then Gary got laid, and Kiley bailed on him, leaving his total sexual experience at just over zero and zero prospects because Gary, and Didi had access to orgasms until Kiley bailed on her, leaving Didi with zero prospects for more orgasms because Didi has a skull of nearly solid neutronium, and because of her earlier failures at finding suitable partners.

Now both have at least the possibility of multiple satisfying relationships, and it only took about 10 years our time to do it, less than a year and a half in-comic time. Speaking of which, climate change has gotten terrible, we never saw anyone wearing actual winter clothes in Montreal during a year and a half in-comic time. :-B
Don Alexander wrote:Duh. All people are homosexual. Most just don't get beyond the heterosexual experimentation phase until they die of old age.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I noticed the latter myself. And I do think that DiDi or Sonya in a well-fitting winter coat and a fur pillbox hat would be an image worth seeing...
---------
Spidrift

Vitocap

Post by Vitocap »

Congratulations on the tenth anniversary of Ma3. The comic is reaching its final conclusion -- but it made it to 10 years, quite the accomplishment! :ymapplause:

There is only one way to teach the swirly-go-round: through kissing. Deep tongue kissing. I surmise that Gary and Zii will ponder for a while the question of whether engaging in such intimate lessons is proper or not, and will eventually posit that: "It's okay because it's just kissing, not sex; it's not as if we are cheating on DiDi!" And then the kisses will start.

I see the road to endgame. :x :YMPEACE:
We, the old ghosts of Pizen Bluff, who still roam about this dead forum screaming imprecations at the characters and whatnot.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

Opus the Poet wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 8:21 pm
Now both have at least the possibility of multiple satisfying relationships, and it only took about 10 years our time to do it, less than a year and a half in-comic time. Speaking of which, climate change has gotten terrible, we never saw anyone wearing actual winter clothes in Montreal during a year and a half in-comic time. :-B
- In Ma3's Montreal it's never winter
- In The Walking Dead's Virginia it's always summer

Climate change indeed...
Last edited by rogermart on Fri May 18, 2018 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

Vitocap wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 11:42 pm
Congratulations on the tenth anniversary of Ma3. The comic is reaching its final conclusion -- but it made it to 10 years, quite the accomplishment! :ymapplause:

There is only one way to teach the swirly-go-round: through kissing. Deep tongue kissing. I surmise that Gary and Zii will ponder for a while the question of whether engaging in such intimate lessons is proper or not, and will eventually posit that: "It's okay because it's just kissing, not sex; it's not as if we are cheating on DiDi!" And then the kisses will start.

I see the road to endgame. :x :YMPEACE:
And remember, Dillon already gave her the Jr Special and made her dizzy:

http://www.ma3comic.com/strips-ma3/Twirl
http://www.ma3comic.com/strips-ma3/Draw_diagrams

And Dillon said to Gary that the Swirly (as a kissing technique) was an automatic lay...

I can't wait for Saturday...
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

brasca

Post by brasca »

Congratulations on 10 years!

Doesn't seem all that long ago I found thins webcomic linked to Penny & Aggie and through there everything else to follow in the Pixie Trix universe.

Zii now has the opportunity to learn the Swirly-go-round and she doesn't even have to sleep with Gary even though she's the closest she's ever been to wanting him sexually. The choice is hers.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Happy 10th Anniversary, indeed. :ymparty:

The student has become the Master. :P
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.