Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

16-05-18 Why would I even think that

Post by Giz »

OllieOrOlly

Re: 16-05-18 Why would I even think that

Post by OllieOrOlly »

I suppose Gary doesn't need Peggy's direct method to break Zii's facade; it seemed like Zii was definitely feeling that Gary was referring to her as a possibility, but was trying to do her usual deflection, until Gary's pure sincerity stopped her in her tracks.

LarsenSan

Post by LarsenSan »

Old buddy Picard, do your part:

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

...wait, he wasn't hitting on her last update?

SailorDh

Post by SailorDh »

HE KNOWS she can't be faithful and will cheat on him at the drop of a hat.
He is scraping the bottom of the barrel here.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Storm-forge mystique wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 9:04 am
...wait, he wasn't hitting on her last update?
Not consciously. But his character growth hasn't included all that much awareness of subtext, so...

And I don't normally go for anything as crude as a yell of "Just fuck already", but every rule has necessary exceptions. Though this relationship may actually turn out to be the first in the history of Ma3 where the characters involved talk things through sensibly before shagging like polymorphous bunnies, which I suppose will be interesting.

Good character art, of course. And I like Gary's "You've helped me with women... in your way." Credit given where it's due, but only as far as it's due.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

TheFoolishOne

Post by TheFoolishOne »

OMG, Talking, Character Development, Dramatic Moments, where is my comic with nude bodies :D ?

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

The advertisers killed that! :))

Jackass Mask

Post by Jackass Mask »

I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop. Something is about to happen to interrupt this. Taking all bets!

Will it be Didi returning home suddenly? Dillon appearing from the aether to remind us he exists? An asteroid hitting the planet?

Put your money down. I'm giving long odds that they actually get to fuck.

TheFoolishOne

Post by TheFoolishOne »

I will put 100 internets for Godzilla, what, Godzilla in Montreal you say, that's why its so unexpected :D

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Jackass Mask wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 11:13 am
I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop. Something is about to happen to interrupt this. Taking all bets!

Will it be Didi returning home suddenly? Dillon appearing from the aether to remind us he exists? An asteroid hitting the planet?

Put your money down. I'm giving long odds that they actually get to fuck.
There will very likely be an interruption of some kind. When is as open a question as what.

It could be that they do indeed get around to screwing at this point, and then DiDi walks in after some kind of Maura-triggered disaster at Lynn’s place, cue melodrama, yadda yadda. (I rather wonder if DiDi will find that the Lynn idea doesn’t work out, then come home to discover that Gary has inspired Zii’s libido when she herself couldn’t, leading to an emotional crash for her and the start of some character improvement. But the trouble with that idea is that the writers have burned their bridges to fine ash with regard to DiDi becoming unhappy; if she suffers emotional trauma at this point, a lot of people will just say “good”.) On the other hand, they’re currently being so tentative and confused about their relationship that, even if it develops strongly, they may actually wait a day or two before consumating it, shock horror. So the interruption may be more DiDi (or someone, but very probably DiDi) walking in on them looking quite innocent but feeling incredibly guilty.

Personally, I’d love to see a fancy literary device; Gary and Zii talk themselves into a confused impasse, and then Ruby (or maybe Dillon, or even both) walks in looking to Zii for experienced impartial advice on relationships — cue extended flashback to What Happened Next over in SDB, providing an interesting contrast to the Zii-Gary situation. But (a) I’m too fixated on SDB, and (b) Ma3 doesn’t do fancy. So that won’t happen.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

I think Zii's run out of reasons to not pursue Gary now, other than whatever shred of keeping Didi as her lust/love object remains. While it makes a convincing reply to Gary's statements, Gary could take it as truly her discomfort at being on his romance radar.

"Fancy," @Spidrift, yeah... you're probably more right than not. But I'd like to think that we could get more of the tender open moment between them. Her libido is at max right now, and I think it would help the plot/story much more than a simple shagfest if ZIi stopped hiding her confused feelings towards Gary and told him her feelings she's been hiding from him. It doesn't have to be as over-the-top as how she proclaimed her love for Didi to Didi. But I feel it would be 'fancier' and more meaningful than just having the two of them fuck and afterwards ask questions.

We could still get the 'guilty looks' scenario if they are interrupted, which while cliche, would be helpful to see how they react to it. If they truly do think they could love each other, how they tiptoe around - if they feel they need to - could be fun to read.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

worldshaking00 wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 3:00 pm
Her libido is at max right now, and I think it would help the plot/story much more than a simple shagfest if ZIi stopped hiding her confused feelings towards Gary and told him her feelings she's been hiding from him.
The problem isn't that Zii has been hiding her feelings from Gary; it's that she's been trying, incompetently but strenuously, to hide them from herself. And now they've surfaced at a highly inconvenient moment, because she's also been trying to convince herself that she has grand romantic feelings for DiDi (when it's Just Lust -- "You're driven to possess/It hurts it's so unjust..."), while Gary is being mature and gentlemanly, so he can't be relied on to resolve the problem unilaterally. But at least if she admits to things, Gary will probably continue handling it reasonably well. Probably. Unless it's all too much for him.

("You shattered all my dreams/And my head's about to bust...")
---------
Spidrift

cheshire86

Post by cheshire86 »

Jackass Mask wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 11:13 am
100 quatloos on Angry Jealous Lita pouncing on Zii's head. Gary is hers now. \M/