10-05-18 More than a lover

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

samtheman

Re: 10-05-18 More than a lover

Post by samtheman »

I'm thinking we'll be left hanging on what happens next between Gary and Zii for a several weeks anyway so don't sweat it. They still have to wrap up Dillon's comic and the wrestling plot after all. I'm not expecting any big plot twists this late in the game unless you count Gary and Zii pairing off but that has been teased since the very beginning of the comic. I'm just irked that the writers are probably going to beat the dead horse that is the First Girl Wins trope.

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

According to Giz, there will be an update on Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday. She and her hubby spent an extra day in Ottawa to visit old friends.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

samtheman wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 5:31 pm
I'm just irked that the writers are probably going to beat the dead horse that is the First Girl Wins trope.
Traditionally Zii would be the First. However Kiley was the first to deflower him, and as of yet she hasn't reappeared. Chronologically is more the usual I agree, but first to boink might have a slim chance. I get what you're saying, but I liken it more to a game of musical chairs. Everyone else is seeming to find their "happy place" and getting to keep playing the game. The number of people left unattached (or available to be considered as a candidate for becoming a romantic partner) is shrinking more and more as the comic progresses. The music (i.e. the current plot point) has just stopped and these two appear to be getting ready to leave the musical chair-romance lottery.

Of course I suppose that there is a chance either or both of them could get reintroduced into the musical chair game if they find out they aren't a match for the other. However with their shared history, deep trust in the other, affection for Lita, Zii's curiosity about Gary as a potential fit, Gary's 'near death' regrets of never getting to bang Zii, and myriad other clues I think that Gary + Zii is at least part of the titular & common parlance usage of menage-a-trois... should a third member need to be introduced that is.

I just feel that Gary will be too honorable to have sex with Zii without making sure of clear consent and undivided affection. He might, but baggage is one of the things he is wanting to avoid. That might mean Zii breaks it off with Didi before letting her know, although that would only make Zii out to be a quasi-cheater thus negating some of the progress she has made as a better human post-Sonya.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

corwinargentus wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 3:30 pm
Yeah... a pregnant pause to build anticipation???? ENOUGH ALREADY!!! LOL. There must be a major reveal coming...

Do you not shiver with antici...............................................................pation? :p
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

JayBlaze11

Post by JayBlaze11 »

worldshaking00 wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 11:33 pm
I just feel that Gary will be too honorable to have sex with Zii without making sure of clear consent and undivided affection. He might, but baggage is one of the things he is wanting to avoid. That might mean Zii breaks it off with Didi before letting her know, although that would only make Zii out to be a quasi-cheater thus negating some of the progress she has made as a better human post-Sonya.
Well to be fair DiDi has made it clear that she wants an open relationship. Of course it would be ideal to agree what the rules are, but Didi can have the conversation when she walks in on Zii and Gary later.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

worldshaking00 wrote:
... affection for Lita ...
Has anyone ever shown affection for Lita? They feed her, and Zii uses her as a hugging object (in a way that makes Lita look very long-suffering) in times of stress, but mostly they seem to just treat her as part of the furniture. They’re not like Ruby in SDB, who really does treat Minew to displays of her softer emotions.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

OldBrit

Post by OldBrit »

Fairy Glade's Fairy wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 10:40 pm
ack that's what I meant... a gauge... like a clock face... I got the wrong word when I wrote dial... see what I mean? my English sucks.... :(
No, 'dial' is a perfectly good word for a circular graduated scale over which a pointer moves, or which moves beneath a fixed mark. Could be a clock, or a fuel gauge or a radio tuner, or volume control, or the moving part of a rotary telephone, or many other analogue measuring/control devices.

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

worldshaking00 wrote:
Traditionally Zii would be the First. However Kiley was the first to deflower him, and as of yet she hasn't reappeared. Chronologically is more the usual I agree, but first to boink might have a slim chance.
And Kiley probably isn't going to reappear either, hence my "who the hell is Kiley" joke from a previous thread. If we're lucky Kiley might reappear during the wrap-up arc for SDB (maybe as Erik's new girlfriend?) but even that would be a stretch. And the "First Girl (To Have Sex With) Wins" has been done already as well in the American Pie movies.

corwinargentus

Post by corwinargentus »

Azrael wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 3:07 am
corwinargentus wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 3:30 pm
Yeah... a pregnant pause to build anticipation???? ENOUGH ALREADY!!! LOL. There must be a major reveal coming...

Do you not shiver with antici...............................................................pation? :p

Tim Curry could sure deliver a line LOL. I suddenly need to throw some toast...