Post by Giz »

Ahktaed

Re: 08-05-18 Just have to move on

Post by Ahktaed »

:YMDAYDREAM:

Udyr

Post by Udyr »

I got a feeling Zii will NOT HAVE ANY of that if he is indicating what it looks he is! :))
eeeek!

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Ah, guess a pity-screw route is still a distinct possibility? The pity party was so adeptly averted, but I suppose it wasn't completely quashed - Zii's anxieties were lessened, yet Gary's still persisted.
Although, since the drama is getting a bit heavy, one would expect some comedic relief sooner than that?

While the characters are mainly in close-up and profile, there is still a nice sense of emotion in them, especially in the eyes, as well as some exceptional subtlety in their expressions.

sukebe senpai

Post by sukebe senpai »

Looks like Gary will eventually see the light and go for the one who's always been meant for him: Eulice!

:ymparty: :ymapplause: :-bd
FIRRIB

Valkog

Post by Valkog »

Gary can't get with Zii. She's Pink Diamond.
**== **== **== **==

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

I feel like Yelling Bird now - "AND THEN THEY ALL FUCKED"

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Ah, the clunking sound of building-blocks dropping into place. Or at least, ducks lining up.

The character art is indeed great, and the character development has its charm, but it's all feeling a wee bit mechanical at this point. Though I suppose that whatever confusion is being sown over at Lynn's hotel room may produce some unexpected stuff. And to be honest, if this makes more space to give SDB a decent wrap-up sequence, I surely won't complain.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

Yep, it looks like Gary and Zii are going to end up together because blah blah First Girl Wins blah blah blah. I don't hate or dislike Zii (I'm neutral towards her) but I would have preferred that Gary end up with someone else. I would have prefered if Gary ended up with Peggy or Amber or Kiley but Peggy doesn't want a serious relationship, Amber hooked up with some other guy in SDB, and who the hell is Rem, er, I mean Kiley. Who the hell is Kiley? Oh well, at least the artwork in this strip is very well done so kudos to Giz for that.

TheFoolishOne

Post by TheFoolishOne »

Ok, so Didi shows up at Anne's see's she is busy, comes back to Zii and finds her and Gary busy.... Joins in? Title of comic achieved? Roll credits?

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

Pretty much the prediction I wrote a while back.

Raamyah
Creator of small worlds

Post by Raamyah »

Oh, boy...here we go.
"There are four pillars of existence that support the very foundations of the universe: the speed of light in a vacuum, the Planck constant, Newtonian gravity, and the all-encompassing awesomeness of breasts." - Pauli Polsuo

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid." - Anonymous

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

Maybe. But as Udyr said above, Zii may want no part of being second choice. She has enough issues around getting with Gary as it is.
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

Fereshte

Post by Fereshte »

I really prefer Gary with Peggy. And if he’s going to move on, I seriously hope he talks to Peggy first. If she knows he wants something serious, she might be willing to settle down too. It seems ridiculous for Gary to make the choice to move on without at least having a conversation with her. But I guess that’s a comic for you.

ven

Post by ven »

themacnut wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 12:23 pm
Maybe. But as Udyr said above, Zii may want no part of being second choice. She has enough issues around getting with Gary as it is.
So Gary beeing second choice after Didi is ok, Zii beeing second choice after Peggy is not?

I'd say it's too soon to move on with the next girl/boy/chipmunk right now anyway, but we have no time to lose since the comic is ending I guess.

I would have prefered Gary ending up with Kiley and Zii ending up as Eulice 2.0. Then again I really dislike Zii. I don't dislike Didi since I think she is mentally disabled and needs professional help.