05-05-18 Other people not her

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

KittyHat

Re: 05-05-18 Other people not her

Post by KittyHat »

Well, this together with other recent events settles it: Garybot has at last assumed his final form. In fact, he is no longer Garybot at all.

Ladies and gentlemen ... meet Gary.

Prydonian

Post by Prydonian »

That is really terrible relationship advice.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

Spidrift wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 11:19 am
Continuity wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 7:03 pm
At the beginning of this comic, Gary the Nebbish had not even shaken hands with a girl. As of right now, I'm finding it difficult to think of any recurring character that he hasn't gotten to AT LEAST first base with (proviso: that he has actually met), with the exception of the two wrestler girls (one of which actually gave him her phone number, so that door is still open?).
By the way - you seem to have forgotten that he did actually have a passionate kiss from Maura. It's just that he suffered concussion a fraction of a second later. But she subsequently probably gave up on him when he lost her that bet with Tess.
I second that guess... Imagine if he hadn't suffered a concussion, Maura would have probably fallen for the Swirly that night...

If we don't count the SDB/SoTR roster, I guess Tess and Izz are the only non-full-lesbian women that Gary has not at least kissed... Well, there's Allie but she is not recurring and there's Eulice, but i think Gary sees her as a non-sexual omnipresent entity more than a woman...
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I always felt that Allie was wasted; she looked like a promising, likable comedy foil with a personality of her own. But the writers just forgot about her.

One should also mention Aishani -- but she seems to be happily paired up and possibly married.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

A relationship should not all be about what one partner wants. Chastel should have discussed the matter more in-depth with her "great love" ... if she had more than two brain cells to rub together and a noticeable sense of empathy.

HappyFriar

Post by HappyFriar »

Zii's lack of libido is because her life turned upside down and she's depressed. Why the fuck in that situation is DIDI the one who should be being catered to? I think Zii's fangirl has talked to her more about her problems than her own "girlfriend" had.

When someone is in a funk, a loving partner puts that first, not going out and trying to get laid because the depressed partner isn't in the mood, even in polyamorous relationships.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Uh, yeah. DiDi is a deeply shitty human being. We know this. I’m not sure why anybody is still bothering to remark on the fact like it was news.

Now, Gary’s enabling that here is something to talk about; it can probably be explained by a combination of the hypnotic elements of the DiDi Effect, and the irony of Zii getting to complain about someone being emotionally unreliable and wanting to keep a relationship open.
Last edited by Spidrift on Mon May 07, 2018 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

That, and the main cast having the insight into their fellow human beings' failings of a week-dead leek.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

To be fair, they’d all be susceptible to beam-in-thine-own-eye issues if they started getting too critical.
---------
Spidrift

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Spidrift wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 11:19 am
Sure, that's honestly the correct adult way to look at this. But Gary is legitimately pointing out that that's the exact opposite of pretty much Zii's entire approach to life and love until recently. There's some major ethical whiplash there. Zii is more than welcome to tell Gary he's wrong, but if she does so, she has to admit that she's been getting things wrong for years.

(If this comic did deep back stories, now would be a good time for Zii to tell the tale of the teenage heartbreak that made her what she is. My headcanon is very clear on this. But that's not Ma3's style, and anyhow, no time.)
Well, I don't want to say Zii (or Didi) wanting an open relationship is wrong. It's just wrong to assume/believe that the other one is with, has to or is okay with it as well.

Though, yes, it would seem Zii knew she wanted it and that those she was with didn't and she still hooked up with them, so that's bad.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Spidrift wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 12:40 am
I always felt that Allie was wasted; she looked like a promising, likable comedy foil with a personality of her own. But the writers just forgot about her.
Agreed! She's always been one of my favorites.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)