01-05-18 Must be her old college roommate

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Spidrift

Re: 01-05-18 Must be her old college roommate

Post by Spidrift »

Opus the Poet wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 12:46 am
Well, straight guys love yuri, I don't see that sexual preference plays a great deal in that.
I’m sure that all sorts of people like all sorts of stuff. The fact remains that Ruby (a) likes looking at naked men, including the real thing as well as yaoi, while showing no such interest in the female form, (b) has bounced two suggestions that she might be gay or at least up for an experiment with complete incomprehension, and (c) when last seen, was preparing to have sex with her boyfriend after taking advice on how to go about it and ways to do it right.

It walks like a duck, flies like a duck, and quacks like a duck. It’s probably a heterosexual duck. I’m not quite sure why some people seem intent on claiming it might be a parrot. It’s not like the twitchers round here can be desperate for parrot sightings.
Zellgato wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 2:00 am
Ugly emotions I meant. negative. the generalized term.
Yes, I know that’s what you meant. The fact remains that sadness isn’t ugly. It’s just ... sad.
and I would say, while sad yes, the emotion that stands out to me is the jealousy/slight envy portion. Which is very human. but still my least favorite part of any story. Hence I define that as an ugly emotion. A real one but not enjoyable for me to read.
I really don’t see where you’re getting “jealousy” in Gary’s thoughts or actions. Guy hopes for romantic possibilities with woman, discovers it’s probably a no-go, gets sad. That’s not jealousy, it’s just a commonplace sequence of feelings. Many of us have doubtless been there, felt that. And Gary’s thoughts don’t yet feature a single word of hostility or bitterness towards Peggy or her old friend — which suggests substantially less jealousy than a lot of people would manage under the circumstances. Gary is still being shown as a good guy at heart.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Re: 01-05-18 Must be her old college roommate

Post by Don Alexander »

Spidrift wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 7:42 am
It walks like a duck, flies like a duck, and quacks like a duck. It’s probably a heterosexual duck. I’m not quite sure why some people seem intent on claiming it might be a parrot. It’s not like the twitchers round here can be desperate for parrot sightings.
Well, I have witnessed parrots, who, being confronted by (alleged!) ducks who walked like ducks, flew like ducks, quacked like ducks, and quacked loudly about their absolute duckishness, were of the opinion said ducks simply HAD TO BE parrots, because such duckishness was simply not possible except from parrots who were deep in the trees.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)