No Update Today (28/04/2018)

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Spidrift

No Update Today (28/04/2018)

Post by Spidrift »

The page has a note saying that, as rather expected, there'll be no update today because of Calgary Expo, though there should be some sketches on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram over the weekend. Tuesday's update may be late, but will happen.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Valkog

Re: No Update Today (28/04/2018)

Post by Valkog »

Oh hey, an Acina stretch goal. The last story about her went over so well, after all.
**== **== **== **==

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

The forum will love it, I'm sure! :-bd
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

People can show their opinion by buying it, or not, if that goal is reached.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Valkog

Post by Valkog »

Are you sure about that? I don't know if that's how things work.
**== **== **== **==

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Take a look at the Kickstarter page. You can take all sorts of options for all sorts of packages of stuff - and then add extra cash to cover the cost of more options later. For example, I've chosen the "signed copy of volume 9" option, and added enough money to also cover the PDF of that book and print versions of the Ma3 and SotR comics -- the latter being stretch goals that have now been hit. The overall total may or may not rise high enough to trigger production of the EC comic, but that's not my worry; I'm not going to buy it, whatever.

Okay, the money I'm putting in for things I do want may provide them with enough of a financial cushion that they can justify creating the EC comic -- that's the point of it being a stretch goal -- but so what?

Anyhow, on a more relevant note -- nice Catwoman/Garfield sketch on Giz's social media...
---------
Spidrift

Jackass Mask

Post by Jackass Mask »

A fun gender-bender comedy...

I'm not taking the bait this time. As much as I like seeing the success of your kickstarter, I now hope it ends well before that particular goal. I understand that one doesn't have to buy if they don't want it. I honestly don't even want the thing to exist at all unless the subject is Ace realizing what his "friends" do to "protect" him on those full moon nights. Followed by him beating the crap out of them.

Patton
Location: Terran Empire, California Province, Earldom of Orange

Post by Patton »

First time in a couple years I’ve been in a position to buy during a Kickstarter campaign. 😄
The antediluvian kings colonized the world
All the Gods who play in the mythological dramas
In all legends from all lands were from far Atlantis

Donovan, Atlantis (1968)

Lokitsu

Post by Lokitsu »

Buff·er (ˈbəfər) Noun: A process by which a professional webcartoonist or webcartoon team produces multiple comic strips in advance of their intended release date in order to avoid having delays in the release of regularly scheduled content due to illness, convention attendance or overly
ambitious kickstarter campaigns. A properly applied comics buffer can not only provide the necessary goodwill needed to grow a new series but also result in long term stress relief for the creator(s) since they are no longer under a 24-72 hour production window.

Usage: Jeph Jacques, David Willis and Howard Tayler all maintain very impressive comic buffers, Their webcomics almost always update on time, which makes the fans very happy.

Patton
Location: Terran Empire, California Province, Earldom of Orange

Post by Patton »

I keep forgetting that CA$ means Canadian Dollar, not California Dollar. ^#(^
The antediluvian kings colonized the world
All the Gods who play in the mythological dramas
In all legends from all lands were from far Atlantis

Donovan, Atlantis (1968)

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

Jackass Mask wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:20 am
A fun gender-bender comedy...

I'm not taking the bait this time. As much as I like seeing the success of your kickstarter, I now hope it ends well before that particular goal. I understand that one doesn't have to buy if they don't want it. I honestly don't even want the thing to exist at all unless the subject is Ace realizing what his "friends" do to "protect" him on those full moon nights. Followed by him beating the crap out of them.
Why the hate-wishing? If you didn't like the Acina comic, just don't buy this one...

Anyways, your wish is not gonna come true, the campaign has 73.5k CAD with 4 days to go, and the last days always bring a spike, and even if they didn't, the slowest day was more than 1k CAD, so the Wolfhart comic is definitely going to get funded (my guess is between today and tomorrow)...
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

Giz
Site Admin

Post by Giz »

Lokitsu wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:47 pm
Buff·er (ˈbəfər) Noun: A process by which a professional webcartoonist or webcartoon team produces multiple comic strips in advance of their intended release date in order to avoid having delays in the release of regularly scheduled content due to illness, convention attendance or overly
ambitious kickstarter campaigns. A properly applied comics buffer can not only provide the necessary goodwill needed to grow a new series but also result in long term stress relief for the creator(s) since they are no longer under a 24-72 hour production window.

Usage: Jeph Jacques, David Willis and Howard Tayler all maintain very impressive comic buffers, Their webcomics almost always update on time, which makes the fans very happy.
While I'd love to have buffer, Menage a 3 is not the only comic I'm working on. Exorsisters is 22-23 full pages a month, so it's taking a lot of my time. PLUS the cover work I take on, and all the Kickstarter work. And I take care, along with my partner, of our store and all shipping. Many hire people to do that. We don't.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

I think everyone here would enjoy getting Ma3 uninterrupted by con's or other RL events in Giz's life. Who doesn't want free stuff? As fans, we are voracious. And the truth is that this voracious appetite leads to consumer complaint. Sad but true. I don't know the exact maths, but the advertising revenue for visiting the webpage probably barely covers simply running/hosting the site. Just a guess mind you, but that's why I reference this web comic's thrice weekly update as "free" to us readers. Don't forget that Giz said that Ma3 would probably drop to twice weekly, and she is still pumping out three. Not sure if that is due to having to sync up Sticky Dilly Buns (in story or simply her own workload schedule), but I for one am happy to keep getting my fix in.

I am also grateful that she updated earlier than I would have expected today (strip #1437). Way to go Giz. \M/

Thanks to you, your partner, Dave, and all you guys do keep us enthralled. Judging by the Kickstarter, there are plenty of other fans who'd agree.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.