Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

rogermart

Re: 12-04-18 Not crashing that date

Post by rogermart »

Collarnorcrown wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:23 pm
Spidrift wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:06 am
Unfortunately, his plot-based guidance system isn't.
The will of God (Giz. Same difference) teleport-ed the restaurant between Matt's and Gary's places. There's only so much one's internal guidance system can do against such eldritch forces.
It reminded me of this classic Merrie Melodies cartoon:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2ofats
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

I seem to recall descriptions of Montreal being "cozy" or "comfortably small" by some accounts... like how Austin Texas is described too... that the town is just small enough to run into people or places without really having to try. Either way, Panel 4 gag achievement unlocked.

I wonder if Gary will actually have the situational awareness to realize he is passing by the restaurant. I seriously doubt he's dined there, so he might not actually know its exact location anyway. Humor (and/or drama) could still be had should Peggy notice him. Hopefully this newfound introspection will have all of his perception pointed inward, rather than being aware of his surroundings, and he will just walk by, back to home.

Go. Pet. Lita.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Rosa
BANNED

Post by Rosa »

I'm worried about that "I lov... I mean, I like Peggy!" of his.

I thought I had things figured out, and now...

Don't tell me, for the first time in the many years of this webcomic, we are going to have a case of the old "We had so much sex, we fell in love!" story trope???
"I assume that the creative team does read the boards and that, through
the troll swill, they can find a decent thought-provoking post from time
to time. Other than money (of course), praise and intelligent discussion
concerning an artist's work has to be their life blood."

(by @worldshaking00)

─────────────────────────────────────────
http://image.ibb.co/jtqXqx/output.gif

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

One does wonder. Actually, it does just seem to have happened to Matt and Yuki. Or maybe Gary's heart is big enough for every woman in Montreal? Who knows?
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Rosa
BANNED

Post by Rosa »

Ah good call on Matt/Yuki. Since practically all of it happened off-screen I wasn't counting them, tho they are an example alright.

I was thinking more of those couples that a large part of the fandom were wishing would fall in love 'cause they had good sex all the time and their interactions were fun - and then it just led to nothing for one reason or another.

If it turns out that Gary's long FWB affair with Peggy has made him seriously fall for her and forget his old crush on Zii, it'd be crazy mind-boggling for a plot twist.
"I assume that the creative team does read the boards and that, through
the troll swill, they can find a decent thought-provoking post from time
to time. Other than money (of course), praise and intelligent discussion
concerning an artist's work has to be their life blood."

(by @worldshaking00)

─────────────────────────────────────────
http://image.ibb.co/jtqXqx/output.gif

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Except it’s not really an old crush on Zii. I mean, he’s always been aware that she’s attractive — at least since the feline cosplay incident — but the significant crush seemed to start at the band’s gig, when he stood there gobsmacked and walked home thinking “gosh”. He then admitted it to Peggy when she asked him what he wanted in a woman.

It’s basically a relatively new, unresolved character strand. Arbitrarily killing it now would seem very clunky.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

Here are the 2 strips that reference his crush with Zii.

http://www.ma3comic.com/strips-ma3/Amazing

http://www.ma3comic.com/strips-ma3/Keep ... _end_vol_6

Interestingly, he finally got a chance of telling her how amazing she is as a musician in this one:

http://www.ma3comic.com/strips-ma3/tale ... aws-people
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

bridgetvoid

Post by bridgetvoid »

Rosa wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:11 pm

Don't tell me, for the first time in the many years of this webcomic, we are going to have a case of the old "We had so much sex, we fell in love!" story trope???
i seriously hope not, i'm assuming or hoping that since he's so inexperienced with relationships that he's just misinterpreting his feelings?

cheshire86

Post by cheshire86 »

It occurs to me that Peggy might not be on a romantic dinner date. It could be a dinner date with someone she knows socially, like say.... Itsybitsy, er, Kiley. ;;)

Khazuki

Post by Khazuki »

He's transforming into Superman.

Lilianna
The Disappearing One

Post by Lilianna »

I've come out of frikkin hibernation to say how proud I am for Gary for that logical chain. Keep it up, please.
ImageHEAD TECHNOLOGIST and GUARDIAN OF THE "THRONE".Image

CHIEF PROPHET OF CACAO, THE LORD AND GOD OF CHOCOLATIANITY

FSU Class of 2014!
Ailith wrote:Yes, it was intimate, it was passionate, it was sensual, and it ended with a few orgasms. So yeah, counts as sex to me.

brasca

Post by brasca »

cheshire86 wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:48 am
It occurs to me that Peggy might not be on a romantic dinner date. It could be a dinner date with someone she knows socially, like say.... Itsybitsy, er, Kiley. ;;)
That would be an even bigger twist that Yvan being Peggy's father. I suppose being sandwiched in between Sonya and Yuki as well as fist deep in DiDi might've affected her.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

The subconscious can be a cruel mistress. >_<

Look at where you are and walk away, Gary!

Collarnorcrown

Post by Collarnorcrown »

Rosa wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:11 pm

I dunno we've seen a fair bit of non sex positive interaction between the last sane woman in Montreal and the until recently spineless chief nerd. Doesn't mean Peggy has those kinds of feelings for Gary, but I can certainly see why he might catch a case of the feels for her.
"The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything."
Friedrich Nietzsche

dilaudid

Post by dilaudid »

Collarnorcrown wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:23 pm
Spidrift wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:06 am
Unfortunately, his plot-based guidance system isn't.
The will of God (Giz. Same difference) teleport-ed the restaurant between Matt's and Gary's places. There's only so much one's internal guidance system can do against such eldritch forces.
It's not the will of Giz - it's the will of the people that built the City of Montreal. This comic uses real-life landmarks, so it's easy to retrace the characters' steps if one has a passing knowledge of that great city.

Gary lives at the intersection of Roy and St Denis, somewhere in the 3900's. 3940? As I recall, Zii and DiDi once patronised Chez Paree. The most sensible way to get there is by Metro: five minutes' walk gets you to the Station Sherbrooke, and one away is Peel, which is right under Chez Paree.

As for Le Filet (to which I've been and which I commend as an excellent seafood place), Gary would proceed west on St Denis and turn left on the Avenue du Mont Royal. We can then assume that Matt's flat is somewhere on Mont Royal, which is a safe assumption, because the Av. du Mont Royal leads straight to the foot of the mountain of the same name---and that area is SWANK.