12-04-18 Not crashing that date

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

dilaudid

Re: 12-04-18 Not crashing that date

Post by dilaudid »

Rosa wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:11 pm
I'm worried about that "I lov... I mean, I like Peggy!" of his.

I thought I had things figured out, and now...

Don't tell me, for the first time in the many years of this webcomic, we are going to have a case of the old "We had so much sex, we fell in love!" story trope???
Remember the title of the comic and that this is Montreal, the city of the Boneularity. My guess is that Gary aka "Enigma" WILL end up in a Menage a 3 as the final book-end, and it's been established he likes Peggy and Zii likes him. What I wonder is who will walk in on whom, ala comic number one.

Vitocap

Post by Vitocap »

dilaudid wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:33 pm
Collarnorcrown wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:23 pm
Spidrift wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:06 am
Unfortunately, his plot-based guidance system isn't.
The will of God (Giz. Same difference) teleport-ed the restaurant between Matt's and Gary's places. There's only so much one's internal guidance system can do against such eldritch forces.
It's not the will of Giz - it's the will of the people that built the City of Montreal. This comic uses real-life landmarks, so it's easy to retrace the characters' steps if one has a passing knowledge of that great city.

Gary lives at the intersection of Roy and St Denis, somewhere in the 3900's. 3940? As I recall, Zii and DiDi once patronised Chez Paree. The most sensible way to get there is by Metro: five minutes' walk gets you to the Station Sherbrooke, and one away is Peel, which is right under Chez Paree.

As for Le Filet (to which I've been and which I commend as an excellent seafood place), Gary would proceed west on St Denis and turn left on the Avenue du Mont Royal. We can then assume that Matt's flat is somewhere on Mont Royal, which is a safe assumption, because the Av. du Mont Royal leads straight to the foot of the mountain of the same name---and that area is SWANK.
Thanks for all the information! :ymapplause: :-bd

It's great to see a post so full of useful data. For all those who don't know the city of Montréal, this clears up a lot of uncertainties.

And Matt's flat, well, we do have an idea of where it is:

However, it's a safe bet to assume that this is a fictional corner of the city. There's no way that an intersection of Girl and Strapon really exists in Montréal. :p

Image hidden behind spoiler because NIPPLES!!! :-T The DAMNed
We, the old ghosts of Pizen Bluff, who still roam about this dead forum screaming imprecations at the characters and whatnot.

Antinerd

Post by Antinerd »

Is Bianca's hand on Peggy's butt in the last panel?

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Not in the last panel of this strip, but in the last panel of the next strip, definitely.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.