07-04-18 That is nuts

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

themacnut

Re: 07-04-18 That is nuts

Post by themacnut »

Oh Gary's going to that restaurant all right. The only question is will he crash Peggy's date or try to surreptitiously spy on it. Knowing Gary's character as we do, well he's gotten some spine recently, but I don't think he's gotten nearly enough spine to crash someone else's date.

No, what will happen is one out of two things;

(1) he'll go to the restaurant, see Peggy having a good time with someone, conclude he never really had a shot with her, and go home with head hanging, thinking they're done

(2) Peggy will spot Gary trying to spy on her, and go ask him what the fuck does he think he's doing. He of course, will stutter and stammer and be unable to give any answer, never mind a good one, so she'll verbally rip him a new orifice and tell him they're done, no more pegging or anything sexual. They may not even be friends after this.

Either way, so sinks the good ship PegGary. Which will leave Zii the Final Girl after her ship with DiDi gets torpedoed/scuttled. As a sex comedy, there is no other way this can go.
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Oh, I dunno. Not that I'm making any alternative predictions, and that does sound like the most likely chain of events, but other possibilities looked highly plausible not so long ago. I get the impression that Giz and Dave like to surprise us sometimes, frequently at some cost in plausibility -- as with this latest Yuki-Matt asspull. Call no dark lord happy until he is dread.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

Another possibility is that Gary points out to Yuki and Matt that going to a fancy restaurant without a date would be suspicious so Yuki or Matt set Gary up with a date to take to said fancy restaurant. But said date will be a woman that Gary has already had a history with so I'm thinking either Kiley or Senna will be said date. Or I could be completely wrong and Gary will be stupid enough to show up at the restaurant all by himself and he sticks out like a sore thumb.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

themacnut wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:21 pm

(1) he'll go to the restaurant, see Peggy having a good time with someone, conclude he never really had a shot with her, and go home with head hanging, thinking they're done

<snip>
Either way, so sinks the good ship PegGary. Which will leave Zii the Final Girl after her ship with DiDi gets torpedoed/scuttled. As a sex comedy, there is no other way this can go.
Seems logical to me. I think Gary has already come to that realization, since he hangs on Zi's words so heavily. Which will interestingly leave Gary alone should he/she break off the FwB booty-call scenario. I wouldn't be surprised if he gave Kiley a call - or Maura even( for old times' sake in Kiley's case and to actually bring her into the Volume) in an attempt to hook up. And the only reason he'd do that is because he (should) respect Zii & Didi's declared relationship.

Go home Gary, and pet/play with Lita. Search your feelings. You know it to be true.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Zellgato

Post by Zellgato »

Though that would also leave a bit of "meh" romance feeling too. "last ones single so might as well pair up" set up.
(not saying they haven't been shown to have chemestry or nothing. just speaking as to the set up)

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

Exactly. As if they were the odd ones left standing when the music ends in a game of musical chairs. Awkward.

There is chemistry, but Zii needs to remove her blinders/preconceptions and Gary needs to take a good hard look at what type of person Zii is deep down. Argument could be made that Gary has seen sides of Zii she enjoys but doesn't get to do often (Nekomimi & Dazzler anyone?)
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

She has been shown reading comics when she was hanging out with Erik, and of course in the shop, and she’s vice-chair of Ruby’s club. So I don’t think that side of her is exactly repressed or a secret.

Anyhow — if Gary and Zii do end up together, I’d say it’d been more than adequately foreshadowed. If they’re also some kind of last available option for each other, yeah, that’s over-determined plotting, which might weaken the effect a little. But Ma3 plotting can be a bit clunky sometimes, so I won’t exactly be shocked if that’s how it goes.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Wasn't it only a specific genre of comics, which fed her already energetic libido?

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Zii certainly loves her yaoi, which is also the taste she shares with Ruby, and that's no secret. But I'm pretty sure she's also been shown reading Dazzler comics, in company, before now -- though I can't track down the strip immediately, damnit.
---------
Spidrift

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Welp, this looks like a wrap-up for Matt & Yuki! *tosses rice and affixes empty cans to the muffler*

And with this, I've finally caught up with the Ma3 forum... #:-s
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)