05-04-18 Rough me up

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Zellgato

Re: 05-04-18 Rough me up

Post by Zellgato »

Bleh. But. at least Matt is showing awareness of his own shittitude.
Yuki.. confuses me in theses sequences. "Oh I want to be with Gary" and then "Oh I do love you Matt"
I guess she's pretty polyamourous now. and comic stripe timing and logic stuff. Granted, her loving Gary always had faulty logic since she was often of that mind set while effectively dating others (sonya for instance) So I can buy it I suppose.
I wonder if she was hoping to try and make the 3P of gary and matt a long term thing? or if she had any real plan. or was just hoping for any real relationship long term thing?

hate it but stories aren't written for their fans~ they're written for the story/author. I'm just along for the ride~

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

themacnut wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:23 pm
I cannot think of two people who deserve each other more than Matt and Yuki. Gary's finally off the hook with the crazy, finally free to pursue either Zii or Peggy (personally I think Peggy's better for him, but is he better for her?)
Well Peggy went on a dinner date with someone else so it looks like Gary is going to end up with Zii once her relationship with Didi ends. Or who knows, maybe Gary will somehow have another chance encounter with Kiley. Another possibility is that Gary doesn't end up with anyone at all and his side of the story is left open-ended.

DarkAsh

Post by DarkAsh »

Yuki is impulsive and her feelings for someone can change at the mere suggestion she may like that person.

I’m not a fan of this coupling, it feels like Yuki is being corrupted. A harsh word, I know, but I cannot think of a gentler one. I guess the intention is that Yuki is expanding her interests in other sexual activities, but learning them from Matt feels icky.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

I agree, but we'll just have to hope the best of it.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

DarkAsh wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:05 pm
Yuki is impulsive and her feelings for someone can change at the mere suggestion she may like that person.

I’m not a fan of this coupling, it feels like Yuki is being corrupted. A harsh word, I know, but I cannot think of a gentler one. I guess the intention is that Yuki is expanding her interests in other sexual activities, but learning them from Matt feels icky.
For the most part, I agree. However the mountains of evidence of their 'affection' being rammed down our throat in this strip make it a little more difficult to deny that there is some emotional connection between them.

Or another way one could look at this is that is they did not want to waste time having to get dressed or washed up or the like, and Matt just had Yuki bring stuff over to facilitate, thus 'increasing' the amount of time they'd have to spend on thera-fucking.

I truthfully don't believe Yuki can separate love from sex. Her manga/anime-inspired vision of love, impulsiveness, combined with whatever stereotype "Japanese wife" she is emplacing on herself make for one weird take on 'love' when one looks at it objectively. Matt is giving her sex, therefore she loves him. She will always gush and be cutsey with her lover (Sonya being the weird exception). Is she happy with finding someone to please her, and who apparently likes her enough to 'not cheat on her'? I mean, damn, gauging a relationship's merit based on NOT cheating? Come on. I know Matt is a bastard but that's still shifty as fuck. No red alarms going off or sirens alerting Yuki that Matt is a total scumbag. As to the 'icky' factor, yeah... it doesn't sit well. I imagine Matt will bring more partners into their relationship... maybe Senna? Maybe not, though. Senna did not strike me as one who likes it too rough, and that is clearly Yuki when presented with a penis. Maybe Senna later then...

Time to exit stage right, Gary. Why was he even in this strip, other than as a witness to the lunacy? I suppose no one else would believe it, hence him being an eyewitness. It's not like either of them will thank him for illuminating them that they are indeed a farce of a couple now.

I would have preferred Matt's karmic punishment to be left lonely, eventually becoming a weird mix of Eulice and the shut-in neighbor (sorry: can't find his name at the moment). Once everyone knew he was a bastard, he'd have alienated himself. Maybe guilt and regret thrown in to aid in the wallowing. I liked Yuki quite a bit, and admittedly her antics with Sonya soured her a tad for me. But I really admired her determination to overcome her phobia... only to have it wasted for a bastard. I'll just have to take solace that Yuki will either castrate him or keep him imprisoned in the bonds of her love. If the writers are taking requests, no more of this sad tale until Yuki & Zii meet up and reconcile (if ever).

I'll be in the bathroom puking now. :ymsick: :ymsick: :ymsick:
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

Spidrift wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:36 am
OllieOrOlly wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:03 am
I guess our Japanese linguists overanalysed Yuki's words, as she apparently was sincere with a variant usually reserved for food and such?
I didn't like to say anything, because I really know next to zero about this stuff, but honestly, even if some of the people posting about that line have a perfect understanding of Japanese language and culture, do we have any proof that Giz and Dave know as much? No offence to them, I like their stuff and they clearly know more than me, but I've never taken Yuki and her dialogue as a subtle and precise depiction of linguistic and cultural subtleties. I think that it may be possible to read her Japanese lines a little too hard.
Well, i'm not Japanese but i watch a lot of media from Japan (Anime, manga, movies, series), and every time someone wants to confess that he/she is in love with someone they go right into a phrase that contains "suki", the only time i remember hearing an "ai shiteru" was when my best friend says it to his Japanese wife, and in a couple of shows. So i guess Giz and Dave have somewhat similar references as i do.
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Yuki has always had a kinky side, what with her violent outbursts sometimes turning sexual (even if Sonya did misunderstand some of what she did), and remember the handcuffs she carries in her bag and all the spanking jokes. I can't really imagine that Matt has corrupted her -- just shown her a few more possibilities at most.

As for Matt - we've seen that he either gets into confused semi-monogamous relationships or spends the time between them shagging everything with two legs and a pulse that doesn't run away fast enough. There was no chance that he was ever going to end up entirely on his own, what with his looks and charm. Arguably, getting him into a relationship on which he doesn't much want to cheat is one way of saving much of the population of fictional-Montreal from his habitual sexual bastardy.
JTheCreator wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:36 pm
That said, why is everyone talking about this being a wrapup? Either I fudged up the math, or we're barely halfway thru this volume. Lots can go wrong, or right.
Actually, we may have longer than that. There have been mutters about this being an extended-length volume or something. However, in whatever time is left, we've got to have a bit more wrestling stuff (which does always drag on a bit), some kind of conclusion for Zii, ditto for Gary, probably a strip or two to give characters such as Sonya, Peggy, and Tracy and James some kind of conclusion, a fate of sorts for Zii's new band, and allegedly a bunch of strips to wrap up Sticky Dilly Buns.

I really don't think that there'll be time for more major plot twists for characters who are already being given a coherent endgame, however much some people may hate it.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

cheshire86

Post by cheshire86 »

Any guesses as to the next stop on Gary's "Goodbye to Past Romances" Tour? :)

Kylie?
Senna?
Amber?
Sandra?
Dillon? (unrequited romances totally count, yo!)

He's got a few stops to make before he gets turned into a cat. ;;)

Vitocap

Post by Vitocap »

It's KILEY. Geez. Last seen riding towards the sunset on her dark-striped grullo, never to return.
Sandra is in France, Senna is somewhere overseas, Amber and Dillon are in another comic and they have lovers.

Next in Ma3: DiDi's debut match as a thug in league with Roxie. She's supposed to attack Moxxie by surprise, drop her on her head and give the belt to Roxie. Things will most certainly go awry, Annie will probably intervene, everything will turn out fubar and somehow this will end up breaking up DiDi and Zii.

After which all that will remain is a final story arc showing us how the fine ship Gary/Zii arrives to Endgame Port.
We, the old ghosts of Pizen Bluff, who still roam about this dead forum screaming imprecations at the characters and whatnot.

Rosa
BANNED

Post by Rosa »

Vitocap wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:22 pm
cheshire86 wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:03 pm
Any guesses as to the next stop on Gary's "Goodbye to Past Romances" Tour?
Kylie?
Senna?
Amber?
Sandra?
Dillon? (unrequited romances totally count, yo!)

It's KILEY. Geez. Last seen riding towards the sunset on her dark-striped grullo, never to return.
Sandra is in France, Senna is somewhere overseas, Amber and Dillon are in another comic and they have lovers.

Next in Ma3: DiDi's debut match as a thug in league with Roxie. She's supposed to attack Moxxie by surprise, drop her on her head and give the belt to Roxie. Things will most certainly go awry, Annie will probably intervene, everything will turn out fubar and somehow this will end up breaking up DiDi and Zii.

After which all that will remain is a final story arc showing us how the fine ship Gary/Zii arrives to Endgame Port.

I don't know... I kinda like the idea of Melissa come visiting with her magic wand, turning Gary into a cute kitty and giving us a Gary/Lita OTP ending. :p
"I assume that the creative team does read the boards and that, through
the troll swill, they can find a decent thought-provoking post from time
to time. Other than money (of course), praise and intelligent discussion
concerning an artist's work has to be their life blood."

(by @worldshaking00)

─────────────────────────────────────────
http://image.ibb.co/jtqXqx/output.gif

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Maybe Ms. Lagace will draw that as an extra for the final volume if enough people pledge for it on patreon.

Rosa
BANNED

Post by Rosa »

It's an idea, if more than us 3 are interested. Is Patreon like Kickstarter?
"I assume that the creative team does read the boards and that, through
the troll swill, they can find a decent thought-provoking post from time
to time. Other than money (of course), praise and intelligent discussion
concerning an artist's work has to be their life blood."

(by @worldshaking00)

─────────────────────────────────────────
http://image.ibb.co/jtqXqx/output.gif

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

Vitocap wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:22 pm
I was scanning the Ask Giz and Dave questions thread and I completely forgot I asked if Kiley was going to return:
samtheman wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:49 am
Is Kiley going to return during the final volume?
Giz wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:11 am
samtheman, yup, Kiley will return before we wrap up this volume.
So Kiley is going to return before this volume is wrapped up that is unless Giz was lying or the creative team changed their minds since then.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

It'd be nice to see Kiley again, provided things will end well for her.

Rosa wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:08 pm
It's an idea, if more than us 3 are interested. Is Patreon like Kickstarter?
I have no practical experience of either, so I could not say. Your best bet might be to contact her over twitter and put the proposal before her.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

I expect Kiley to return with her thesis complete, or just waiting for graduation. That was her 'happy place' while the rest of the cast was distraction, therapy, or subject matter for said academic goal. I'd assume she would run into Gary, somewhere public then retiring to a cafe or the like. I don't think she would appear to send Didi off to her wrestling career, nor that she would try to go back to Matt. Although, it would be an interesting dilemma if Kiley discovered that Yuki & Matt were a couple now, and she tried to dissuade Yuki from sleeping any more with Matt. For her thesis to be complete, she Kiley should check the progress of Yuki in her therapy. Yuki does trust Kiley, and Kiley hates Matt's guts (for good reason).

We could meet Kiley back at the magazine shop, I suppose. Although with print dying...
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.