03-04-18 Act like a couple

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Opus the Poet

Re: 03-04-18 Act like a couple

Post by Opus the Poet »

Tsun meet dere. :YMDAYDREAM:
Don Alexander wrote:Duh. All people are homosexual. Most just don't get beyond the heterosexual experimentation phase until they die of old age.

cheshire86

Post by cheshire86 »

Y'all are gonna be shocked when someone from MC or EC cameos, turns Gary into a cat, and he runs off with Lita to live happily ever after. ;;)

Vitocap

Post by Vitocap »

Opus the Poet wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:50 pm
Tsun meet dere. :YMDAYDREAM:
Are you sure "yan meet dere" isn't more appropiate? :p
We, the old ghosts of Pizen Bluff, who still roam about this dead forum screaming imprecations at the characters and whatnot.

dewelar

Post by dewelar »

cheshire86 wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:46 pm
Y'all are gonna be shocked when someone from MC or EC cameos, turns Gary into a cat, and he runs off with Lita to live happily ever after. ;;)
This is now my preferred ending.

True_Avery

Post by True_Avery »

Hate matt, hate this couple. So far I think I may clean sweep the "wow i hate every couple this series is ending on" bingo
Play Kindred Spirits on the Roof! Play Starlight Vega! Play Ladykiller in a Bind!

Zellgato

Post by Zellgato »

Spidrift wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:45 am
As I've said before, I really have no problem with the idea of Mat and

And we shouldn't be shocked at Gary telling Yuki that he doesn't love her, given that he was unable to tell her that he did love her, hundreds of strips ago.

BUT - the technical problem with this development is that it was never set up properly. Gary says that they act like a couple, but we don't see them doing so, and Gary doesn't seem to have actually seen it either. Show, Don't Tell, people! Basic Writing 101. What makes it worse is that we did see Matt and Kiley acting like a couple, but that relationship imploded completely in one strip flat. So it seems like, if we do see two people acting like a couple, they aren't, but if we don't see it, they are.

Which all makes this feel like a hasty bit of Wrap-Up-The-Comic writing.
(preface, hate this coupling and in general hate how characters that interact with matt long term turn into something completely different)

To be fair on the love bit ... first relationship. socially awkward as shit, plus her holding of a distance to an extend cause of their issues. Generally speaking when you're young and inexperienced (which he was both imo. youn emotinoally at least) you either are the type who just tells anyone your close to you love them (having no concept of it yet) or you're the type who has no clue what constitutes love and you can't say it b ecause you don't know what it entails and theresponsibility that follows. So you freeze.
Gary is pretty sturdy the last one.

on the first bit..this is gary who hasn't seen eitehr of them in person for a while.
but. in the 5-10mins he's been here. They sure have acted dating. I hate it but they have been the whole time. Flirty, touching, talking about "their habits" and the many dinners they have etc.
To Gary. this whole tiem they've been acting like a couple. Rather than sex buddies. Peggy and Gary don't do this, Zii and any of her lays he knew of didn't either.
So... from his very limited percetiopn. yeah they are.
(and i hate it)
======================
rogermart wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:23 pm
I'm sorry, but Matt saying "Crotch-Kicking girl" reminded me of this Rina Takeda movie
Great movie.
======

I still want this story to end with Gary just moving to start fresh with less drama.
The most realistic ending imo.
I would also accept the cat ending but I would offer instead, Lita turning into a cat girl and Gary having to learn about the supernatural world with LIta first as her guardian for the "mortal world" (so she isn't carted off somewhere by some organization), and him using various things and experiences to start his own webcomic/manga/comicbook universe that becomes quite popular
Resulting into the actual webcomics we read, with Eeire cuties being the main storyline, and each "spin off" being assocaited/decatd to characters we've seen in this. Chloe's spin off relating to Zii and Didi in various character arcs for instance.
With M3 being Kylie's dissertation, worked with Gary to turn it into a pop culture consumable medium with Kylie gaining success in her profession from the exposure and "making psych fun for the average joe"

I totally do miss Kiley though.

Osaru Sensei
Location: Sweden, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster

Post by Osaru Sensei »

"NANI?!"
Spidrift wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:16 pm
She is indeed a wonderful artist who could doubtless turn her hand to anything, but from what I've seen, I don't get the feeling that she's very interested in depicting some of those bits in all their wrinkly Lovecraftian glory.
Wanna chat with me in realtime? Click my webpage button. In case I happen to be online, anyways...
He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it. –– Eldrad Ulthran, Farseer of Ulthwé
The very moment I understood Callie was my fav character.
High Priestess in the Church of Brasca

Roborat

Post by Roborat »

I can sort of buy these two getting together. It feels a little rushed however, I think they could have spent more time developing it, but whatever.

Also, I think Yuki calling her dad while still wearing a strap on is hilarious.

GKNolan

Post by GKNolan »

Probably should have spent a little more of the intervening 2 years developing this relationship.
But that's not what this wrestling comic is about.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

If Matt would ever fall so low as to do roleplaying, he'd be Newmoon the Elf: "RECALL SHOT TO THE NUTS!!!" :-o

Also, Gary has become a Sex Nazi. NO SEX FOR YOU!
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)