22-03-18 Dinner with me

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

dewelar

Re: 22-03-18 Dinner with me

Post by dewelar »

Spidrift wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:35 pm
I assume that wrestling promotion has been anonymised in this strip because we're seeing some internal details.
This makes sense, and also likely shoots down the possibility of having a scene at Le Filet.

GKNolan

Post by GKNolan »

There's also the possibility that Gary's T-Shirts are just detatched references for the reader and do not necessarily imply in-world cannon.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

dewelar wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:09 pm
Spidrift wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:35 pm
I assume that wrestling promotion has been anonymised in this strip because we're seeing some internal details.
This makes sense, and also likely shoots down the possibility of having a scene at Le Filet.
Well, we could see a generic shot of Peggy having dinner, if it helps the plot. I'm sure that Giz would enjoy doing the research to get the backgrounds right. We're not going to see a waiter spitting in the soup.

(Comparison: Nadine in SotR drives an Audi R8. That's an establishing character detail. Audi aren't going to sweat it, even though Nadine isn't a terribly nice person. We probably won't see it spontaneously exploding and Nadine calling it a heap of junk.)
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

cheshire86

Post by cheshire86 »

Wonder if Le Filet was where Maura and Tess had their little jealous slobberknocker in front of Damien and Lynn? :D

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Away! You pestermites!!!

Also, I'm reasonably sure Gary only had that one date with Tracy. And he got to play Corporal Punishment again and that was it.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)