15-03-18 Thanks for last evening

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

samtheman

Re: 15-03-18 Thanks for last evening

Post by samtheman »

So are Gary and Zii going to have a little talk? But Didi told Zii she was going to wrestling practice so we might end up snapping to that for the next update.
lordoffiling wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:34 pm
I really feel like we’re leaning into a possible future Kiley arc.

As much as I'd love to see this happen I really feel like Kiley's character arc is more or less finished. She's been out of the comic for over a year now in real time anyway (maybe a month webcomic time?) but she'll probably return at some point for 1-2 strips at most showing her being put on a bus (maybe she'll transfer to a different university in a different city?) although she might give Yuki some parting advice before leaving.

Or I could be wrong about all of that and Kiley reconciles with Matt somehow. Maybe Yuki helps them get back together? I don't know. Maybe the creators themselves don't even know yet; they just make up the story as they go along which wouldn't surprise me.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

LegendaryKroc wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:12 pm
What was that you guys were saying about Peggy's speech bubbles to Gary not having hearts in them?
Well, i've seen hearts in Peggy's speech bubbles to Gary before

http://www.ma3comic.com/strips-ma3/thin ... icking-yet
http://www.ma3comic.com/strips-ma3/performance-anxiety
http://www.ma3comic.com/strips-ma3/So_sweet_of_you

In this comic hearts can mean like, love, enjoy, over-enjoy, etc.
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Spidrift wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:17 pm
LegendaryKroc wrote:
What was that you guys were saying about Peggy's speech bubbles to Gary not having hearts in them?
Mmm. Evidently some affection there. I’d certainly take that as implying that the sex really was damn good, minimum.

Though I think that those hearts sometimes just mean that the speech was accompanied by a kiss. “See you later” <peck on cheek>. Detailed semantic analysis of the use of heart icons in speech bubbles across twelve hundred strips of Ma3 is a postgrad supervisee project for the summer vac.
Perhaps, but still, one strip after a thread discussing whether or not Peggy and Gary's dialogue has hearts in the speech bubbles and this happens. Quelle ironie, ne c'est pas?
rogermart wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:17 pm
LegendaryKroc wrote:
Well, i've seen hearts in Peggy's speech bubbles to Gary before

http://www.ma3comic.com/strips-ma3/thin ... icking-yet
http://www.ma3comic.com/strips-ma3/performance-anxiety
http://www.ma3comic.com/strips-ma3/So_sweet_of_you

In this comic hearts can mean like, love, enjoy, over-enjoy, etc.
So evidently this happening is Older Than They Think. How about that?

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

Uh-oh, somebody got up from the wrong side of the bed this morning. ;)

Bat-dork

Post by Bat-dork »

Spidrift wrote:
worldshaking00 wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:55 pm
I think it is UFO Robot Grandizer (or Grendizer... spelling differs), one of the early mecha anime.
Thanks; looks like a positive ID. Does anything in that anime relate to the current plot, or is it just that Gary is one humongous sex machine of a man these days?
Hey there Spidrift! No relation between the anime and the current plot. Grendizer was your standard “Monster of the week” anime.

So yes, Gary has simply learned his way into doing sex right, and Zii is being knocked down another peg... No Peggy pun intended.

Vitocap

Post by Vitocap »

I sometimes ask myself: in the real world, in normal circumstances, a normal man in Gary's shoes, who would he choose?

DiDi is a sexbomb, but she is so strong she's been known to seriously hurt and injure her sex partners. Plus, bringing her to orgasm is horribly difficult. And she's not exactly the brightest bulb in the store. (Mind you, there are guys who would count this as a point in her favour...)

Peggy is adorable, sweet, pretty, easy to get along with, kind to everyone, courageous, with a good head on her shoulders... she's everything a man could ask for. But, when it comes to sex, the one activity she loves more than anything, and could in fact do all night long, is pegging her partner in the butt with a giant-sized strap-on dildo. This, I suspect, kind of would put a damper on the passion of most potential suitors.

Tracy is a beauty and a good lay. She has a job, she goes to college and she's serious about her studies. She's also flakier than a stale croissant... and, if you do manage to win her over, a certain James might come in the package as a free gift... whether this is a good thing or not, YMMV.

Zii is the best roll in the hay you could hope for. She's fun, energetic and charismatic. In the past, she has always been irresponsible and unpredictable, but seems to be getting better these days. Even so, commitment and monogamy are not things that come natural to her. Again, good or bad, YMMV.

In the real world, what would a average man do? Who would he choose?

I do have my idea, but, then again, I'm a woman myself, so I can't pretend to speak for men... and, in any case, Gary is not a normal guy in the real world, and whatever goes through that head of his is a big mystery... :-??
We, the old ghosts of Pizen Bluff, who still roam about this dead forum screaming imprecations at the characters and whatnot.

rpr

Post by rpr »

Spidrift wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:00 pm

Even if he does still eat "fruity pebbles" as a breakfast cereal, the nerd. By the way, can anyone ID his T-shirt design? It looks almost gynecological.
Do you mean what is drawn on Gary's t-shirt? You are young, aren't you? It is Goldrake (at least this was its name in Italy), the first anime that arrived in Italy at the end of '80s. (and, yes, I am old enough to recognize it... :-) )

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

Goldorak in France, and it was really big there when it arrived at the end of the 70s. I saw it on rebroadcasts in the 80s.

Spidrift is not young, but he's simply not knowledgeable when it comes to manga and anime.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Actually, I’m old. I think that the only thing I watched on TV when I was a kid that would be called anime was Marine Boy. I’ve nothing against the form, but these days, all I really know of it is Studio Ghibli stuff and Ghost in the Shell. Which may even have spoiled me for most other anime.

And yes, Gary seems to have paid attention to what Matt and Peggy have said to him, and actually learned to vecome a reasonable lover. Virtues of being a geek. The same reason why I suspect that when we next see Andy, he may have a very stupid grin.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

cheshire86

Post by cheshire86 »

It feels like Gary and Zii need to have a talk about a few things. They really didn't talk about the whole exchange that led to Zii moving out. She came back, Peggy attempted adult-level talk, only to get rebuffed by waffles and Zii and Didi's devout proclamations of luuuuuuuuuuv. Gary was unable to participate due to a Sonya-inflicted Lita Bomb to his face. :D

And to think, right before this insane downward spiral down Mt. Chastel began, Zii was seriously contemplating intimacy with Gary.

Peggy's not much on commitment, and Didi can't get past "Orgasm = Love." Maybe it's me, but it feels like people in that apartment are sleeping in the wrong beds...

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

Peggy & Didi tried to be intimate. Between scary thoughts about misinterpreting scissoring and Didi not being interested romantically with Peggy, their intimate encounter did nothing for Didi (but gave Peggy a sore jaw and an orgasm or two).

Unless Gary is just being polite, Zii doesn't live there any longer. She is a house guest of Didi's at the moment. Granted: he likes her and most likely doesn't want her homeless in her van (down by the river \M/ 8-} :)) RIP Chris Farley). Also he probably doesn't have the courage (or is too polite) to ask her what her living arrangements are (implying that she is squatting at the apartment).

Until they start talking with each other (Zii with Didi, and Zii with Gary), Zii shouldn't get intimate with Gary. Gary, if he can control his gonads, should honor the relationship between Didi & Zii until such time that the two ladies work out their issues or decide to end their affair or decide on polyamory.
Spidrift wrote:
I guess it’s a sign of something that someone can type that line these days without automatically looking painfully sarcastic...
True. Zii could also be more receptive to his awkward 'smoothness', being desperate for any solutions to help fix her life. The fact that the two of them haven't talked much recently might help too. Zii blurted her lack of enthusiasm to Izzy (someone coming onto her and who idolizes her); there is a potential parallel here is all I am saying.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

riflow

Post by riflow »

I feel like Peggy's and Gary's relationship is the only healthy one in this comic. Hope it lasts honestly.

Prydonian

Post by Prydonian »

I find it baffling that now that Gary’s sexually active, and copiously so, none of his many partners have made reference to the enormity of his, er, schweinstucker. It’s odd that none of them have mentioned it. That whole idea seems to have gotten lost somewhere.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

I don't think it was ever called 'enormous' or anything like. His 'star power' was acceptable, even pleasing. At the very least, he was not been wanting.

If memory serves, his butt gets more compliments from those interested in his... attributes (and not just Peggy going to town on his rear iris either). Tracy, Zii, Peggy, Dillon, Matt, Sonya & Amber most likely, and a few others (names escaping me at this late hour) have all expressed an appreciation at it.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Shinjischneider

Post by Shinjischneider »

Fluffy wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:47 am
That farce of a relationship can't end soon enough.

I disagree. After the past years, both deserve to be miserable a while longer :ymparty: