Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

13-03-18 How did she get in here

Post by Giz »

OllieOrOlly

Re: 13-03-18 How did she get in here

Post by OllieOrOlly »

From the dysfunctional egotist couple, to the relatively equally giving/receiving non-couple! It is honestly a nice change of scenery.
Peggy is awesome: also, got to love the sass in her expressions - it isn't overly harsh, yet enough to effectively emphasise her amusement and situational wit.
Lita is the smarty cat, I suppose, so she knows who will feed her (certainly not her self-absorbed owner), and knows where to find him when he isn't in his usual room.

Not to challenge a gag, yet Peggy might be a kinky woman, but she is also a nurse, so it seems a tad... irresponsible for her to not remind Gary about removing a foreign item; true, Gary's butt isn't anyone's responsibility but his own, however, it still feels unbecoming of a medical professional to allow the object to stay overnight.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Okay, that was a logical point to cut. The question is, are we cutting to a scene that's going somewhere, or is this just filler? Not that I'd usually worry much, but (big ticking clock aside) there was that vague hint that we'd get some resolution on the SDB cliffhangers when the "current scene" (i.e. the Zii/DiDi/wrestling stuff) was dealt with. So filler strips would make me itchy. Of course, we may get Gary and Peggy emerging from that room to encounter DiDi and Zii and somehow feed into that plot, making this a continuation, but that would seem a bit tortuous. Though the noises coming from this pair in the night are doubtless somewhat torturous for the other two.

Alternatively, this may just be a scene about Gary realising that his sex life, while fun, has now reduced to him being Peggy's living sex toy, doing stuff that he can barely call "sex" in any conventional sense, and waking up with plastic devices in random orifices. For a guy who expressed some vague interest in a romantic relationship not so long since, that might not seem entirely satisfactory. Come to think of it, Yuki was saying a short while ago that she reckoned a few more sessions with Matt would leave her phobia resolved; that could lead to her coming back to reclaim Gary.

Oh well, just have to wait and see.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

I love how close Lita and Gary are these days.

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

Close enough that Gary is guaranteed some kind of "pussy" each and every day! :))

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Cortez wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:32 am
Oh yes, that’s Zii’s cat, right.

Zii may of course take it as the icing on the cake that even her pet has given up on her. If she does, though, she’s expecting fidelity from a cat, which just means that she’s an even bigger idiot.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Chantaru

Post by Chantaru »

Spidrift wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:06 am

Alternatively, this may just be a scene about Gary realising that his sex life, while fun, has now reduced to him being Peggy's living sex toy, doing stuff that he can barely call "sex" in any conventional sense, and waking up with plastic devices in random orifices. For a guy who expressed some vague interest in a romantic relationship not so long since, that might not seem entirely satisfactory. Come to think of it, Yuki was saying a short while ago that she reckoned a few more sessions with Matt would leave her phobia resolved; that could lead to her coming back to reclaim Gary.

Oh well, just have to wait and see.
I think it's more about the landmark "falling asleep together" instead of just banging.

HappyFriar

Post by HappyFriar »

Calling him "Peggy's living sex toy" kind of devalues the situation, I think. Of all the people revolving around Gary, Peggy is the one who seems to value him as a person and his needs as a person. Gary enjoys what they do, Peggy enjoys what they do... there doesn't seem to be anything unhealthy there, unlike his interactions with any of the other women. Well, aside from Amber, she seemed to genuinely want to get to know him (more than just his oral skills), but that got derailed and for some reason never revisited.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Spidrift wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:20 pm
Cortez wrote:

Zii may of course take it as the icing on the cake that even her pet has given up on her. If she does, though, she’s expecting fidelity from a cat, which just means that she’s an even bigger idiot.
Plus it's been stated that Gary is the one that remembers to feed Lita, so Lita's loyalty to him is understandable.

brasca

Post by brasca »

I've been warned about sleeping with my contact lenses in. I can't imagine that's good to leave in overnight.

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

Spidrift wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:20 pm
Cortez wrote:

Nah. She knows her cat betrayed her a long time ago.

Zii told Gary that Lita is “pretty much yours these days” a while back. I’d go find the strip but the widget is still absent from the front page.
brasca wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:12 pm
I've been warned about sleeping with my contact lenses in. I can't imagine that's good to leave in overnight.
I cherish my ignorance on the subject.

However, in passing I’ve heard tell of people who, at times, leave such devices in all day in preparation for an evening of back door passion. He’s probably safe enough for the time being.

Double post merged. The DAMNed
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

DarkAsh

Post by DarkAsh »

Glad to see the story change focus to Gary and Peggy. With any luck it will be for more than a single page.

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

Hooray! We are back to Gary and Peggy after a 4-month hiatus! But I'm going to count the number of strips that go by before the comic goes right back to the wrestling arc because that will tell me where the priority of the creative team is at. As for who Gary finally ends up with, I'd prefer he end up with Peggy or Amber or Kiley. But sadly Peggy is only wanting Gary as a fuckbuddy (for now), Amber hooked up with some guy in Dillon's comic, and I'm afraid Kiley has been or will be put on a bus. That means Yuki wins Gary by default unless there is going to be some kind of late game plot twist but I highly doubt that will happen.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

HappyFriar wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:57 pm
there doesn't seem to be anything unhealthy there, unlike his interactions with any of the other women. Well, aside from Amber, she seemed to genuinely want to get to know him (more than just his oral skills), but that got derailed and for some reason never revisited.
Giz cleared that possibility away by giving Amber a boyfriend (complete with swirly training) in SDB. Which, incidentally, trashed the “single woman seeks good man” plot strand which had been trailed for Amber in that comic, but whatever. Evidently, Amber was a lead character too many, so she’s been comprehensively demoted to a secondary.
samtheman wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:43 pm
As for who Gary finally ends up with, I'd prefer he end up with Peggy or Amber or Kiley. But sadly Peggy is only wanting Gary as a fuckbuddy (for now), Amber hooked up with some guy in Dillon's comic, and I'm afraid Kiley has been or will be put on a bus. That means Yuki wins Gary by default unless there is going to be some kind of late game plot twist but I highly doubt that will happen.
You forget the ten-ton hints of a Gary-Zii pairing which the comic dropped a little while back.

(Technically, one should also mention Tracy. But I suspect that she’ll be nudged back towards James in due course. Also, why don’t we refloat the Gary-Senna ship while we’re at it?)
---------
Spidrift

Rosa
BANNED

Post by Rosa »

samtheman wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:43 pm
Hooray! We are back to Gary and Peggy after a 4-month hiatus! But I'm going to count the number of strips that go by before the comic goes right back to the wrestling arc because that will tell me where the priority of the creative team is at. As for who Gary finally ends up with, I'd prefer he end up with Peggy or Amber or Kiley. But sadly Peggy is only wanting Gary as a fuckbuddy (for now), Amber hooked up with some guy in Dillon's comic, and I'm afraid Kiley has been or will be put on a bus. That means Yuki wins Gary by default unless there is going to be some kind of late game plot twist but I highly doubt that will happen.
Then perhaps... Zii wins Gary?
Kiley is out of the story as you said, Amber like Dillon is in SDB now, the purpose of making Gary grow a spine was so that he can tell Yuki 'I don't love you' and as for Peggy... I'd be pleasantly surprised, but this author really dislikes the *We Had So Much Sex That Love Bloomed Out* trope, so I don't think it possible.
But I feel Zii and Gary can happen. There are like a dozen unfired Chekhov's guns in the Zii-Gary relationship, and I can't believe they will remain like that till the end.
"I assume that the creative team does read the boards and that, through
the troll swill, they can find a decent thought-provoking post from time
to time. Other than money (of course), praise and intelligent discussion
concerning an artist's work has to be their life blood."

(by @worldshaking00)

─────────────────────────────────────────
http://image.ibb.co/jtqXqx/output.gif